The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm making a whole pile of assumptions here, but I think that figure is well off.

Lets assume we sign players in the first week in January and have to pay them until the end of May (worse-case scenario for expenditure). That's 22 weeks.

Let's also assume that the number of players McKinnon said he wanted at the fans forum was correct. He said up to eight. 

So 8 x 22 gives you a figure of 176 weekly salaries which have to be paid.

If you assume that the 100K quoted at the forum is also the money being made available to RM, then that equates to an average salary for incoming players of £568 per week. 

I'd speculate that's not far off the average going rate for FFC at the moment, though obviously I'm willing to be corrected if you know otherwise.

If your agent is right then instead of making 100K available we need to multiply that figure by 2.5. Meaning we need to spend an average of £1420/week on every incoming player to guarantee safety. 

So not only do we need to pay a player more than Rory Loy got with help from the Business Club, but we need to do it for seven of his teammates as well. 

Sorry BPM, but that just doesn't add up.  What am I missing?

There will need to be decent cash spent to get rid of the crap we've already brought in.

And do we still pay signing on fees?

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

There will need to be decent cash spent to get rid of the crap we've already brought in.

And do we still pay signing on fees?

There will be agent fees to consider, January is a lucrative time for pushing players to clubs desperate for deals to be done.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Pages of debate on "inside information" that was created within some fella's heed. Amazing.

Aye but when you consider that most of the "ITK" info is spouted by Edibairn thats enough to give anyone the fear given the fact most of his ramblings he has contradicted himself in most of them not to mention the "telt" twice in a week and being shot down in flames by them both he steered clear of p and b for a few days (can someone do it again please)

Just now, wullie robb said:

Inverness £600 a week? 

You better add £300 a point into the equation. 

Yes m8, thats the amount of #paper any potential new signings will be on at the Caley.

Dixon is as uninspiring as he is a Houstie-like signing.

However, I think people need to remember where we are. Houston signings took us to some pretty lofty places in comparison.

If Paul Dixon can effectively mark, stay awake for 90 minutes and not get mercilessly rinsed by average wingers then I can see why McKinnon has signed him.

We need some steady eddies without doubt. We need to prepare for a grinding shitfest.

Aye I hope for better in the forward areas signing wise, but we have no real right to complain about the likes of Dixon. We are where we are.

IF we stay up, and I think we will, I wont be happy about this sort of signing for next season.

Not sure what people’s expectations of signings are in this window.

It’s difficult enough to do any business in January, never mind the state we are in and the other teams position in the table versus ours.

The Dixon signing, does sound like a Houston signing. However the issue when Houston signed these players is that you felt they weren’t going to win you the league. We are in a totally different position now where an average championship player might help us stay up in the end.

Paul Dixon does not give me a happy feeling for this transfer window.
That's a total Houston signing. There better be much much better to come.
Are you for real? I'm dumbfounded that some fans expect us to be signing players that the likes of Ross County and Dundee Utd will.

We are in a mess and if McKinnon signs some average players for this league then that is already an improvement on what we have

Paul Dixon does not give me a happy feeling for this transfer window.
That's a total Houston signing. There better be much much better to come.

I do love how you use the best manager we’ve had in recent years to justify how poor a new signing is though......