The Falkirk FC Thread

Doesn't mention Flynn. :(

Flynn is probably on three or four times what Taylor was on. No chance of us getting him. More likely to see him playing for St Joihnstone or Motherwell or Ross County...........you know, one of them clubs that MR is happy to see as being much bigger than us.

do you know how much the fee will be for Taylor and more imortantly if you will get any of it for players....

Martin Richie will make absolutely sure that not a single penny of it will go into the team.

I actually think the fee is the full 250k. It will be out the back door before anyone even sees it.

Edited by Guest

All it says on Twitter is Sheffield Utd have matched Rotherhams bid. How much did they bid?

130k was reported, so was 200k. 175k has also been quoted for Utds bid. I highly doubt it will be disclosed though.

130k was reported, so was 200k. 175k has also been quoted for Utds bid. I highly doubt it will be disclosed though.

Yeah, I've heard every permutation. Doubtless there will be a sell on clause of some sort.........or maybe we've taken more up front in exchange for letting any additional clauses go.

It might well end up as one of these "potentially worth 250k to Falkirk" type deals. Whatever it is, it'll be gone by now.

Edited by Guest

If we are going to get in a replacement striker I hope to f**k Holt already has someone in mind. This was always likely to happen so hopefully he's been preparing for it.

This could really make or break your season, if he stays you have an established goal scorer at least till xmas. If he goes potentially you could get cash to strengthen or rely on loan/free transfer to fill the void

The issue isnt just about replacing taylor though. With him we were third and a country mile nehond Partick. We cant just sign another striker on the cheap and expect everything to be briliant. Back in the good old days we'd sell a player and replace him with 2 or 3 and we need to get back into that way of things.

The issue isnt just about replacing taylor though. With him we were third and a country mile nehond Partick. We cant just sign another striker on the cheap and expect everything to be briliant. Back in the good old days we'd sell a player and replace him with 2 or 3 and we need to get back into that way of things.

This might be what finally gets the message through that our BoD haven't got the slightest intention of competing to win the league. That's why the play offs were so important to them...........you can stick a budget side on the park, finish one place above mid point in the league, and claim to be "competing" by getting a game in the play offs with absolutely no intention of winning the damn thing.