The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I was quite worried but if he's said that about himself then all my fears are allayed. COYB

Aye but if you bothered to add how i finished with the "no owner ever is" .  Its a bit of hope and cautiously optimistic for the future i dare say a lot is gauging on how he comes across to Kenny and David on Monday.

Biggest concern for me is there isnt a lot on this guy online but the article says the money is from Singapore so see what happens.

Everyone just needs to hold their horses on this a wee bit.

Who else is involved? What do they expect to gain from their investment? 

The devil is in the detail with these things. The guy hasn’t said anything that any new owner (whether successful or a failure) has when taking over a new club. All words.

Of course, change of ownership is what the vast majority wanted and that’s what we’ve got. Cause for optimism there but tempered for me by concern over the sudden shift to one man controlling the club. It’s a hell of a lot of trust to put in a guy who we know f**k all about.

Disappointed for David and Kenny as that was the model that I thought gave the right mix of a sustainable future for the club in the right hands.

Interesting times ahead regardless though. Let’s hope we’re not fighting for the club again in the near future.

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s he like in your opinion ?

21 year old striker probably the best young player in the juniors. Very pacey and tricky and scores a lot of goals. I think we will struggle to keep a hold of him this season. However , I see Falkirk have a lot of good forwards but it is a big rumour going down here.

8 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

21 year old striker probably the best young player in the juniors. Very pacey and tricky and scores a lot of goals. I think we will struggle to keep a hold of him this season. However , I see Falkirk have a lot of good forwards but it is a big rumour going down here.

We have Sammon, McManus and Johnston however Johnston is only on a short term contract.

Could he make the step up to full time football ?

Cauitious optimism is of course the correct approach, but the pessimism should be cautious too. Instead of just going "this guy is promising the world it canny be true" people should think about and translate what he is saying.

Examples being things like wanting to restart the acadamy because of some emotional community spirit type reason...

Translation, reopening the academy and operating it to a high standard is the obvious route to profitability.

Putting this club back where it belongs/where the fans deserve... bla bla bla.

Translation, we need to be operating in the widest shop window available for the product we intend to produce.

Nothing he has said is pie in the sky. The folk straight in with the "ye need tae be mental tae invest in Scottish fitbaw" havent given it any thought. We are a well supported club in the middle of Scotland. If the club can be set up to attract and nurture young players, with a conpetent businessman to take advantage of being next door to the worlds most mental money league then money can be made.

All it needs is for the academy to operate at a slightly higher level than before, with the first team set up in such a way as to be able to blood these young players and showcase them.

Nothing about any of that is a stretch.

He may be a fucking basket case, but lets not assume that he has come in here blind having done no homework.

For me the biggest risk is that if he is a shyster, can we trust the "due dilligence" of the outgoing arseholes?

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We have Sammon, McManus and Johnston however Johnston is only on a short term contract.

Could he make the step up to full time football ?

Definitely in my opinion will be very surprised if he is here come the end of the season. Big step up but a young boy with plenty potential given the chance. Last player to go full time from us was Doolan to partick. 

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cauitious optimism is of course the correct approach, but the pessimism should be cautious too. Instead of just going "this guy is promising the world it canny be true" people should think about and translate what he is saying.

Examples being things like wanting to restart the acadamy because of some emotional community spirit type reason...

Translation, reopening the academy and operating it to a high standard is the obvious route to profitability.

Putting this club back where it belongs/where the fans deserve... bla bla bla.

Translation, we need to be operating in the widest shop window available for the product we intend to produce.

Nothing he has said is pie in the sky. The folk straight in with the "ye need tae be mental tae invest in Scottish fitbaw" havent given it any thought. We are a well supported club in the middle of Scotland. If the club can be set up to attract and nurture young players, with a conpetent businessman to take advantage of being next door to the worlds most mental money league then money can be made.

All it needs is for the academy to operate at a slightly higher level than before, with the first team set up in such a way as to be able to blood these young players and showcase them.

Nothing about any of that is a stretch.

He may be a fucking basket case, but lets not assume that he has come in here blind having done no homework.

For me the biggest risk is that if he is a shyster, can we trust the "due dilligence" of the outgoing arseholes?

The Sunderland one fell through as he wanted complete control and SD would hold a minority stake in the club, they were lined up as Sunderland current owners haven't got the financial capital should Sunderland have made the step up to the championship, so he obv has some clout.

lot of ways to look at things though, does anyone think Ray has the ability to bleed youngsters into the first team and take us out the championship assuming we get promoted.

if the club is run right it can return a profit, first step is to get arses on the bench though as we need a decent sized squad to get us out of league 1 that has to be the main priority.

The Sunderland one fell through as he wanted complete control and SD would hold a minority stake in the club, they were lined up as Sunderland current owners haven't got the financial capital should Sunderland have made the step up to the championship, so he obv has some clout.

lot of ways to look at things though, does anyone think Ray has the ability to bleed youngsters into the first team and take us out the championship assuming we get promoted.

if the club is run right it can return a profit, first step is to get arses on the bench though as we need a decent sized squad to get us out of league 1 that has to be the main priority.
Got the best out off Rudden last year how much that was down to him or Zak himself not got a clue

Perhaps Campbell will give the current mob the nob to give Ray a budget and he will cover it once the deal is done as per the last statement. No one including our current board is stupud enough to take promotion for granted with a tiny squad.

Perhaps this is the reason why recruitment was paused.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Everyone just needs to hold their horses on this a wee bit.

Who else is involved? What do they expect to gain from their investment? 

The devil is in the detail with these things. The guy hasn’t said anything that any new owner (whether successful or a failure) has when taking over a new club. All words.

Not a Falkirk fan obviously, but I think if I was I can safely say that my pessimistic nature would echo the above. 

Its unlikely to be the case that Campbell will be ponying up seven figures on his own, so who are his fellow investors? Is it a fait acomplis that the BtB money will be asked for/given? His shopping list of fourth stand, reopened Academy, new grass pitch would cost the thick wedge of seven figures, and that's before nay money for players. What is Falkirks standing in the local community just now? Do they still make good money from the facilities at the stadium, i.e. car boot sales, conference facilities etc? Because the prize money on offer from SPFL1 and the Championship, is relative sweeties compared to what he's promising/offering. 

Call me cynical (plenty do), but I guess that having read this thread with interest over the last couple of months, I'm still puzzled as to the sea change in circumstances over the last seven days. 

Ca' canny bairns. 

Like most fans, yes we are feeling sceptical and excited. Whilst I do like the sound of what was said,as I said yesterday, hopefully the start of the week will provide more info. 

My personal opinion is that this is a double edged sword, were are a good prospect to invest in because any potential buyer will be looking at the surrounding development opportunities retail and commercial. 

Hopefully this means building up the club to make the area more desirable. Could work could also fall on its arse. 

Again only an opinion