The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Can’t say. I understand the legalities, but when you see what CW got away with at Ibrox, there’s not much to stop them doing a lot of damage in a short time frame. They had historical shares in Arsenal that had been on display for decades. It didn’t stop CW removing them, selling them, and pocketing the cash.

Obviously, the guy as Bury has been stripping as much as he could before it all caught up with him. The usual MO.

Assets aren’t always readily visible, but if there’s an opportunity to liquidate or remove them, people like this will always be sniffing around.

I have never felt our MSG to be corrupt or without ethics. They have however, been utterly inept and perhaps even negligent regarding most of the crucial decisions and appointments relating to the football club.

Cheers

If possible could you list out any FFC assets that he could possibly transfer?

38 minutes ago, champions said:

Cheers

i would think (if he is trying to fleece us) the land around the stadium will be what he is most interested in, not sure what or how much the club owns right enough.

3 hours ago, champions said:

Cheers

I don’t know what they are or might be. The guy at Bury ran a textbook asset strip. Once the stuff is “sold” to another holding company, it’s gone. The aim with stuff like trophies is then to offer them back to Newco Bury for a few k so they can get their history back.

If it’s land and there is clear title, it gets sold to a holding company for £1 or whatever, then when everything goes tits up, anyone wanting that land has to pay full market value to get it. Guess who gets the money for it?

I just don't see the point in people coming up with endless theories and ideas about what could be happening. There's feck all we can do the now anyway until we find out how the due dilligence goes.  I'm still of the opinion that the MSG or at least Alexander and Ritchie won't just let the club fall into the hands of just anyone for a few quid.  I'm no fan of the way they have run the club from a football context but then there have been people with more money than them that have made mistakes in running football clubs.  Without the likes of Ritchie and liddell we simply wouldn't have a club just now so why go to all that bother of saving the club only to hand it over to any old scheister that turns up with a few quid?  Alexander has put cash in over the years too so why invest and state that whatever happens you'll always be there to watch Falkirk if you have no interest in what happens to the club in the future? Yes its time for these guys to move on but I cant really comprehend them handing it over to just anyone to make a few quid.

You were doing well until you mentioned Liddell.

Ive yet to see someone posting any facts on this though. Its all hearsay and guess work.. If would like to think the bod are basing their dd on more than that.

What is all hearsay?

Tbf I’m with Shodwall.
This thread has been painful reading over the past month. Hank Von Hell being the biggest culprit.

It’s the Australian air - let him off

5 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

i would think (if he is trying to fleece us) the land around the stadium will be what he is most interested in, not sure what or how much the club owns right enough.

I'd have no issue with him taking the land if he delivers the return of the academy and a competitive team at SPL level.

Looking at the accounts our tangible assets only come to £250k, not an earth shattering amount.  We do have an amount of £1.5m classed as investments with additional narrative within the notes as 'loans to group undertakings'  Does anyone know what this is?

It looks to me like those who can't be bothered with examining this closely are MC's greatest allies.  It's just the sentiment that might help land him control.

Reminiscent of those who are bored of Brexit and just want them to get on with it.  The people who might well enable us to career over a cliff.

It looks to me like those who can't be bothered with examining this closely are MC's greatest allies.  It's just the sentiment that might help land him control.

Reminiscent of those who are bored of Brexit and just want them to get on with it.  The people who might well enable us to career over a cliff.

Hate to find myself agreeing with you but you are spot on .

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Used to read this religiously but it’s just utter rubbish the past month or so. Hardly come on it now.

Aye, I’m in the same boat brer. Just want an answer either way what’s happening so we can all just move on and drop this pish.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

YAAAAASSSS! Was shiting myself all the way to the end there thinking it wasn't to be then BOOM. Wink emoji!!!

Can you goad him out again please Gav. I enjoyed that last time.

He likes a search of his name on Friday so I’ve got your brother.