The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What's weird about it? Given the amount of time you spend on this thread I thought you'd be very well acquainted with the level of attention those running our club pay to the concerns of their customers. Absolutely none whatsoever. Your reference to a laissez faire attitude is just laughable. A group of supporters spent months working on an ownership proposal which would have nullified the very kind of risk a Campbell type charlatan poses. The reward was to have it thrown back in their faces. Personally I've had just about enough of every aspect of the club at the moment, from the clowns in the boardroom to the boring dross served up on the park every Saturday. Doubt I'm the only one.       

You seem under the bizarre impression that I'm critical of all of the Falkirk support, including the BtB people.  I'm not.

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:
5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:
tbf its already been mentioned that members of the board read/posted on here if they didnt take on those concerns after reading regardless what you think of the posts they are situations that could be played out, given the way they have handled everything else and made a monumental arse up of it, they might actually listen/read to how others see the situation rather than their own judgement.

Sadly it's their bank balance not their moral attitude that will prevail

Why would they be overwhelmingly concerned with their bank balance? The big shareholders bought the club to save it from liquidation, they are apparently millionaires and from what was said on here, are selling their shares for around £400,000 so I doubt very much money is the major motive.  I'd say it's pretty obvious the board read this, everything from getting rid of Houston, backing hartley, getting away from "lazy hibs/hearts reject signings" sacking hartley etc has been the majority view on here (pre hindsight obviously) maybe we'd have done better if the board had ignored the majority views.

Anyway, didn't come on here for a rant, for the first time ever I'm ITK. At tomorrow's game one of the former players in hospitality is one Alan Gow, any p&b bairns getting some hospitality through at airdrie tomorrow could maybe find out a bit from him about takeovers...

(Think we should all finish sentences with... #belikemarkcampbellok )

Why would they be overwhelmingly concerned with their bank balance? The big shareholders bought the club to save it from liquidation, they are apparently millionaires and from what was said on here, are selling their shares for around £400,000 so I doubt very much money is the major motive.  I'd say it's pretty obvious the board read this, everything from getting rid of Houston, backing hartley, getting away from "lazy hibs/hearts reject signings" sacking hartley etc has been the majority view on here (pre hindsight obviously) maybe we'd have done better if the board had ignored the majority views.
Anyway, didn't come on here for a rant, for the first time ever I'm ITK. At tomorrow's game one of the former players in hospitality is one Alan Gow, any p&b bairns getting some hospitality through at airdrie tomorrow could maybe find out a bit from him about takeovers...
(Think we should all finish sentences with... #belikemarkcampbellok )
The bank balance will be important as they are acutely aware they are not the flavour of the year so getting top dollar to exit the hot seats is the best policy

Just now, Tynierose said:

The only thing worse than him replying are the cretins tweeting him in the first place.

What a shambles.

Thing is the ones that are tweeting him are the ones that want him to take over and blowing smoke up his arse. 

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The only thing worse than him replying are the cretins tweeting him in the first place.

What a shambles.

They're the pits. Them and the goons moaning about folk chatting about a potential takeover which would make or break the club.

Tough old game today. If the attitude, shape and tempo is not miles better than last week then we will lose and McKinnon should be out the door.

There in lies the dilemma if you are think about selling the club.

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is it when BtB offered them more or less the same for their shares?

tbh it seems like giving into any sort of fan involvement at the club is  seen as a defeat on their behalf and a how dare we want a say in the matters at the club. They would rather sell to anyone else.  Wonder what the reasoning with them not giving Gowser a fair crack at the whip on the preferred bidder.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is it when BtB offered them more or less the same for their shares?

One of the BTB guys said that people should be slightly wary of Mark Campbell on Twitter, so I now hate them and distrust the entire process.

Crikey that’s some statement Marshy.
 I’m not convinced by the BTB guys after the rumours of them going to the Sun.
I’m sure somebody pretending to be ITK will be along just now to tell me what really happened with the Sun though.

I think Marshy is bring sarcastic.

The “they went to the papers” rumours suits some people’s agendas at the club IMO.

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't imagine you wield loads of power here, but I find the laissez faire, whatever will be will be, approach bloody weird to be honest. 

If there are genuine grounds for concern, it'll be easier for your board to ignore them if lots of the fans are passive.

Theres feck all we can do at the moment till dd is completed. We will then know whether the takeover plans  have been  approved or not.  If it is an egm would then be required .  The bod will then be grilled on the situation properly instead of them having to read pie and bovril .  Of course i have concerns over the whole thing but people on here seem to have spent hours searching for stuff and found very little that is concrete.  Once dd is complete then the real stuff starts. Up till then theres very little we can do and i dont think personal theories on the situation really matter one iota.