The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It looks to me like those who can't be bothered with examining this closely are MC's greatest allies.  It's just the sentiment that might help land him control.

Reminiscent of those who are bored of Brexit and just want them to get on with it.  The people who might well enable us to career over a cliff.

Or perhaps some of us just have more to do in our lives than sit and google Mark campbell all day. 

I don't partake in "Twitter" buy having occasionally looked at replies of this Mark Campbell, you could be mistaken for Edi Bairn having created the account and making up the replies.

Surely nobody of any stature engages in ongoing comments with random folk.

13 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hate to find myself agreeing with you but you are spot on .

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks on here or on the social media pages. There are only two parties here that have any say and control over the situation the MSG and MC. If history has taught us anything in recent years its that the MSG will do what they want, when they want, regardless of any intervention be it on good intent or otherwise. 

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks on here or on the social media pages. There are only two parties here that have any say and control over the situation the MSG and MC. If history has taught us anything in recent years its that the MSG will do what they want, when they want, regardless of any intervention be it on good intent or otherwise. 

Ultimately you are right sadly.

That is why, despite all the concrete evidence that MC has a past that we should all be wary of, you can’t 100% guess what they will say

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or perhaps some of us just have more to do in our lives than sit and google Mark campbell all day. 

Ah sorry - you're a captain of industry.  I hadn't realised.

Fingers crossed for the future of your wonderful old football club then eh?  It'll probably be ok.  It's a shame you haven't the time to make sure, but it might well be fine anyway.  

Ah sorry - you're a captain of industry.  I hadn't realised.
Fingers crossed for the future of your wonderful old football club then eh?  It'll probably be ok.  It's a shame you haven't the time to make sure, but it might well be fine anyway.  
To be fair, what is it you think Shadwell or any of us can do about it anyway? We are talking about a private business transaction here like it or not.

Anything we as fans can do will have to be done in response to Campbells acts/omissions should he take over, or in response to what wpuld be an absolute shambles and failure on MSG/boards part if it doesnt go through based on the way they have handled it.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To be fair, what is it you think Shadwell or any of us can do about it anyway? We are talking about a private business transaction here like it or not.

Anything we as fans can do will have to be done in response to Campbells acts/omissions should he take over, or in response to what wpuld be an absolute shambles and failure on MSG/boards part if it doesnt go through based on the way they have handled it.

I don't imagine you wield loads of power here, but I find the laissez faire, whatever will be will be, approach bloody weird to be honest. 

If there are genuine grounds for concern, it'll be easier for your board to ignore them if lots of the fans are passive.

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Like posting on P & B instead? .....

tbf its already been mentioned that members of the board read/posted on here if they didnt take on those concerns after reading regardless what you think of the posts they are situations that could be played out, given the way they have handled everything else and made a monumental arse up of it, they might actually listen/read to how others see the situation rather than their own judgement.

tbf its already been mentioned that members of the board read/posted on here if they didnt take on those concerns after reading regardless what you think of the posts they are situations that could be played out, given the way they have handled everything else and made a monumental arse up of it, they might actually listen/read to how others see the situation rather than their own judgement.
Sadly it's their bank balance not their moral attitude that will prevail

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't imagine you wield loads of power here, but I find the laissez faire, whatever will be will be, approach bloody weird to be honest. 

If there are genuine grounds for concern, it'll be easier for your board to ignore them if lots of the fans are passive.

What's weird about it? Given the amount of time you spend on this thread I thought you'd be very well acquainted with the level of attention those running our club pay to the concerns of their customers. Absolutely none whatsoever. Your reference to a laissez faire attitude is just laughable. A group of supporters spent months working on an ownership proposal which would have nullified the very kind of risk a Campbell type charlatan poses. The reward was to have it thrown back in their faces. Personally I've had just about enough of every aspect of the club at the moment, from the clowns in the boardroom to the boring dross served up on the park every Saturday. Doubt I'm the only one.