The Falkirk FC Thread

McShane and Tidser could both get gigs in the Championship if M & M do deem them surplus to requirement. 
I'm still waiting for Tidser to have a run in the team and show us the player we all thought we'd signed in the Summer. It is looking less and less likely to happen now 
Frankly I'd be delighted if this is the only business we manage in the rest of the window:
Keep McManus
Longridge signed up
McShane ---> DKD
Durnan ---> Literally any CH

Very surprised that the DKD laddie remains without a club. Could be a wee bit rash and impulsive but definitely a decent player and would improve our midfield.
Does anyone know if he is even on our radar?

He doesn’t want a £500 a week gig and that’s all we pay now. I can’t blame him he could play part time in the 6th div in England and get the same money part time and have a job on top.
I think he came up here thinking he could make it and kick on to something better . It just seems to not have worked out for him !

Would be delighted to see Ian McShane leave. He just offers absolutely nothing at all. He’s been here a year now and aside from missing a penalty against Ayr and scoring direct from a corner against Inverness I can’t think of anything else he’s done or a game that he’s properly impacted.

As for Tidser? Meh. Will be comfortably our highest earner I’d have thought and he can’t get off the bench these days. Obviously something happened there for M&M to not even yet give him a run in the team but if we’re not going to play him we’re as well getting him punted and using the money to strengthen elsewhere.

Tidser is not the highest earner at the club.

He doesn’t want a £500 a week gig and that’s all we pay now. I can’t blame him he could play part time in the 6th div in England and get the same money part time and have a job on top.
I think he came up here thinking he could make it and kick on to something better . It just seems to not have worked out for him !

I did hear he was a bit of a dickhead in the dressing room

If Tidser can get a loan until half the season and play week in week out in day the championship it’s a no brainer and then we have a fit Tidser coming back for next season.

Alternatively we play him week in week out and have a fit Tidser this season.
Something smells with his situation at the club.

If Tidser can get a loan until half the season and play week in week out in day the championship it’s a no brainer and then we have a fit Tidser coming back for next season.
I dont see that working. Loans seem to be more and more prevalent these days but often seems to be a precursor to a permanent deal or otherwise, the players exit from his parent club. Cant see Tidser going away somewhere else then coming back to play for us.

If his problem is he doesnt fancy the league and wants to wait till we are up to start playing, well he can GTF tbh.

All of that said, I am finding the Tidser thing frustrating and am in the camp that he hasnt performed terribly when used and clearly needs a run in the team, in an attacking position. Have pretty much accepted though that it's not happening and we wont find out why. That's why it's best he goes. We are spending money on something we evidently dont intend to use.

I honestly don't think league 1 suits him, as daft as that may seem. With Morton he was used to playing against teams that would be going for the win, however, when I've seen him play with Falkirk, he seems to struggle to create anything as there are that many players in front of him.

9 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Tidser must be on more than £500 a week. 

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:
50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I honestly don't think league 1 suits him, as daft as that may seem. With Morton he was used to playing against teams that would be going for the win, however, when I've seen him play with Falkirk, he seems to struggle to create anything as there are that many players in front of him.

I think Tidser's best season at Cappielow was when we were going for the title (and doing a better job of it that than Falkirk are at the moment). He had Bachirou doing his running for him and BMMMH driving forward giving him a bit of space and time as well. He definitely needs a team set up to make the most of his qualities and mask his detriments but having a team sitting back in front of him playing defensive isn't a great issue if the team's style suits his strengths. He was never much to shout about under Duffy at Cappielow when we were a bit more route one. Moore, McKinnon and JJ's styles might not have worked for the team as a whole but got the best out of Tids.

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think Tidser's best season at Cappielow was when we were going for the title (and doing a better job of it that than Falkirk are at the moment). He had Bachirou doing his running for him and BMMMH driving forward giving him a bit of space and time as well. He definitely needs a team set up to make the most of his qualities and mask his detriments but having a team sitting back in front of him playing defensive isn't a great issue if the team's style suits his strengths. He was never much to shout about under Duffy at Cappielow when we were a bit more route one. Moore, McKinnon and JJ's styles might not have worked for the team as a whole but got the best out of Tids.

Considering we are in league one Arbroath and Alloa are doing a better job at winning the championship than we are currently.

Considering we are in league one Arbroath and Alloa are doing a better job at winning the championship than we are currently.

TBF M&M are now starting to make an impact.

Performances are improving and we are getting results. Show how bad a job McKinnon was doing

TBF M&M are now starting to make an impact.

Performances are improving and we are getting results. Show how bad a job McKinnon was doing
We seem far more positive under M&M. I actually agree with Miller's interview after the game on Saturday that we would have probably drawn that game in the past after they got one back

13 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think Tidser will go to Queens Park, think he will end up being loaned somewhere. McShane to QP I think is a possibility. They are looking to go full time

No chance McShane either, 18 month ago in the top league to the bottom league, if either are going it will be to the championship.

I'll be surprised if Queens Park go full time with crowds of 500+ and the kinda wage they would have to pay to get players to drop to that level.

See Gretna mk2 if they do

Have I missed something about the QP situation?

I know they voted to go pro a few weeks ago, and they sold Hampden, but they are doing up Lesser Hampden aren't they? There's also no way I can see their board/committee throwing money around carelessly. I never saw anything about a Calum Melville type coming in either, although I may have missed it.