The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Totally endorse your remarks.

Risk of a fit  young footballer dying of Covid is virtually zero

What about his parents? Or grandparents? Or the relatives of friends? f**k them, you want to watch football?

20 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What about his parents? Or grandparents? Or the relatives of friends? f**k them, you want to watch football?

I would presume it would surely be the same as now. Ie the players wouldnt be able to visit them etc.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Forfar trying to get back in our good books - f*ck 'em.

How League One voted

With Partick Thistle dropping down, there were four yes votes in the third tier.

Two clubs also abstained in the shape of Airdrie and Clyde.

Partick Thistle – Yes

Falkirk – Yes

Airdrie – abstained

Montrose – No

East Fife – Yes

Dumbarton – No

Clyde – Abstained

Peterhead – No

Forfar – Yes

Cove – No

Yes, I'm sure the chief consideration for Forfar in deciding how to vote was how Falkirk and their fans would respond to it.

Some of you have hit FollowFollow levels of lunacy.

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Regarding parents, in that age group, the risk is minimal.

Grandparents - yes there is a risk but, in my opinion, not big enough to stop professional sport.

Look at the ONS statistics, and you will see that, by and large, this is a disease that kills the old and informed and those with underlying  diseases.

It is not a disease of the young and middle aged.

Since the outbreak there have been 10000 EXTRA deaths of a non Covid nature due to lack of NHS treatment being available.

Check the stats.

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Grandparents - yes there is a risk but, in my opinion, not big enough to stop professional sport.

Look at the ONS statistics, and you will see that, by and large, this is a disease that kills the old and informed and those with underlying  diseases.

Since the outbreak there have been 10000 EXTRA deaths of a non Covid nature due to lack of NHS treatment being available.

Check the stats.

Dads Army - Imgflip

47 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Check the stats.

What about the ill-informed?

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Which peoples lives? What really is the risk of death to a fit and healthy athlete living in isolation and regularly tested - can't be very high.

Compare that to health workers who have to head to work every day to feed their families & are exposed to infected people with little protection.

Danny Rose has probably earned enough money to never work again, he has no idea much like the rest of them living in the EPL bubble.  

Hope that bubble bursts real soon. In the meantime get out and play you pampered entitled EPL p***k....or don't as you won't be missed.

Thank God for the Germans, I will be watching their league weekend, I'm sure it will give their public a lift as it will sure give me one. 

The huge variable in this matter is the possible long-term damage that COVID-19 May cause to the body. More and more body systems are being shown to be impacted by this virus, and long-term damage to respiratory, endocrine, kidney, liver and heart systems cannot be ruled out. This disease is inflammatory in nature, much like Diabetes, and that causes no end to long-term health threats.

As for clubs strengths, I sincerely doubt any club outside the Premiership has anything near the necessary resources to withstand an extended shutdown, and even most those clubs will be, at best, severely tested.

I suspect the need for revenue sharing to strengthen the game is underestimated. 12 teams consuming 80%+ of revenues for the SPFL, and no gate sharing, has doomed fitba. Even a small (10-20%) share of gate revenue to the visiting team would significantly improve the financials for many smaller clubs, but there are other schemes that could reward big clubs. Imagine that net gate revenue above the home club average is split 60/40 with the visiting club, for instance. That effectively rewards bigger teams traveling support. The open question would be what would it take for the top level clubs to agree to sharing any gate revenues?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Check the stats.

God knows that the stats are important, not the lives? Please, Sir, define the following:

”minimal risk”, “risk, but not enough to stop professional sport”, “by and large”

I ask simply because you wish to impose your values on a country and a sport, but give none of the stats you ask us to check. Is minimal risk one in ten thousand? How many grandparents do we have to kill to restart professional sports? Does by and large mean that your child has only a one in a hundred thousand chance of death, and are you willing to expose them to that chance when you can wait and be safer?

Remember, we know very little about the long-term prognosis for this disease. We are now seeing a rapid increase in children severely impacted by the ongoing effects of the virus, so any judgement we make now is only valid for currently known factors, and ignore future risks. 

We really are a strange bunch. What a difference a few months makes. From organising boycotts of home games to starve the MSG of money, to going full circle and only attending home games. The MSG must be fucking pissing themselves laughing at the sheer stupidity of us. Literally a few months ago we were absolutely furious at the board, and rightly fucking so, they’re a shower of absolute b*****ds, and now we’re falling over ourselves to boast about how much money we’re going to give them. I despair.

On the plus side, we can take the moral high ground and walk about with our heads held high as one of the only clubs who voted with the future of the game in mind, while organising boycotts to starve other clubs of money, potentially putting them out of business. 

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

We really are a strange bunch. What a difference a few months makes. From organising boycotts of home games to starve the MSG of money, to going full circle and only attending home games. The MSG must be fucking pissing themselves laughing at the sheer stupidity of us. Literally a few months ago we were absolutely furious at the board, and rightly fucking so, they’re a shower of absolute b*****ds, and now we’re falling over ourselves to boast about how much money we’re going to give them. I despair.

On the plus side, we can take the moral high ground and walk about with our heads held high as one of the only clubs who voted with the future of the game in mind, while organising boycotts to starve other clubs of money, potentially putting them out of business. 

Yes let's let the club die because we don't like the board. 

Idiot!

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I didn’t say that pal. 

Really? What the hell were you getting at then 🤣🤔

Edited by Ecosse83

30 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I doubt fans of any other club are going to give a flying feck if we went down the tubes in the current climate.

@Shadwell Dog Maybe so mate but we seem to be the only ones attempting to take the moral high ground while making a concerted effort to starve other clubs of money. If we’re making the claim we voted for the greater good why on earth are we organising boycotts?

I stand by my MSG comments. They must be pishing themselves laughing at us. They’ve gotten away with it big style. Completely mugged off by those fucking clowns. All that nonsense with Campbell, they knew if enough time passed we’d turn heel. Played us all like a fiddle.