The Falkirk FC Thread

They got promoted and have cried and cried about the process more than any other club in the country.

They have the only Chairman who likes the sound of his own voice more than ours.

38 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Just like the audit carried out, organised, executed and findings out in public before anyone could fart. Aye nothing wrong...... 

So now Deloitte are in on the conspiracy?

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

As for the vote, it was not received, it was shunted into a spam filter and not recovered until after a declaration of a change of vote had been made by Dundee. Kosher, maybe; smelly, very; legal (per the terms of the vote and companies law), probably. Because the vote was NOT received and logged at that time, your statement falls at that gate.

Nope. As per the SPFL articles of association (185)

Any document, which is sent by post, shall be deemed to have been served or delivered forty eight (48) hours after posting and, in proving such service or delivery, it shall be sufficient to prove that the notice or document was properly addressed, stamped and put in the post. Any notice or other document otherwise than by post, or sent by facsimile transmission or telex or email or other instantaneous means of transmission, shall be deemed to have been served or delivered when it was left or sent

The Dundee vote was sent at 16:48 on Friday 10th April and the resolution had failed. Whether it was "shunted into a spam filter" (which it wasn't) is irrelevant. And there was no deceleration of a change of vote from Dundee at that stage either, rather a request to disregard the original vote. You're right about one though, the whole thing absolutely stinks. Hopefully this pending arbitration will provide absolute clarity and transparency in relation to everything that occurred between 16:48 on 10/4/20 and Dundee's change of mind five days later. It is badly needed

They ran multiple votes that went fine. If the Dundee vote was simply a case of a changed mind then that was mostly fine save for the stuff with the quarantine email.
The documents will mostly be online, and will be things like email communication. It can all be looked through.
Also seems to me that they keep their files perfectly fine, unless you can give multiple examples otherwise (not including them not finding the Dundee email vote until later).

Do you work for the SPFL, or are you just incredibly naive to believe that everything in Scottish Football is all above board?…

20 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Might be barking up the wrong tree but why did the SPFL call the vote when as I understand it any club who voted No (not just Dundee)had 28 days to change their vote

Maybe because the SPFL had obtained the result they wanted to call Celtic “League Winners”  If you recall the run up to the 5.00 requested deadline, was a fiasco with running totals of how the vote was going, before it was concluded, even then their totaliser was all to f**k.  The pressure to call the leagues to pay out money was a load of crap, most of the prize money had already been paid. They rushed the whole thing through, there should have been no winners and no losers across all the leagues.  The SFA should have stepped in and said this is what is happening.  Next Season you are playing  14 14 16 inc Brora and Kelty. Then sort the league numbers for the longer term later.

Edited by NUMBER 7

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do you work for the SPFL, or are you just incredibly naive to believe that everything in Scottish Football is all above board?…

Neither, and I've never once said everything that happens in Scottish football is all above board.

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Maybe because the SPFL had obtained the result they wanted to call Celtic “League Winners”  If you recall the run up to the 5.00 requested deadline, was a fiasco with running totals of how the vote was going, before it was concluded, even then their totaliser was all to f**k.  The pressure to call the leagues to pay out money was a load of crap, most of the prize money had already been paid. They rushed the whole thing through, there should have been no winners and no losers across all the leagues.  The SFA should have stepped in and said this is what is happening.  Next Season you are playing  14 14 16 inc Brora and Kelty. Then sort the league numbers for the longer term later.

Why would the SPFL care who wins the Premiership?

The SFA have absolutely no power over the SPFL. Why does anyone think they do? 

Edited by DA Baracus

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Why would the SPFL care who wins the league - just look at the who sits on the the BOD, wake up and smell the bloody coffee 

He's pulling your leg mate. No one is that naive!

40 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Why would the SPFL care who wins the league - just look at the who sits on the the BOD, wake up and smell the bloody coffee 

Please explain this, bearing the following in mind:

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

•    Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

•    Ladbrokes Championship: Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Graham Peterkin (Ayr United) 

•    Ladbrokes League 1 and League 2: Ken Ferguson (Brechin City)

So Rangers, Hamilton, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Ayr and Brechin all want Celtic to win the league and are trying to fix things to ensure that happens, despite Celtic needing absolutely no help to win the league.

This is what is being said, yes?

Absolutely agree. The idea that you can decide anything for the good of Scottish football by allowing self interest to predominate, was always going to be a fail. As it has for well over 20 years.

Now just look at where our standing in European football has dropped to, if you exclude the serial self interest champions....the arse cheeks.....

Please explain this, bearing the following in mind:

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

•    Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

•    Ladbrokes Championship: Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Graham Peterkin (Ayr United) 

•    Ladbrokes League 1 and League 2: Ken Ferguson (Brechin City)

Should point out that Peterkin stepped down from our own board a while ago so he won’t be on the SPFL board either.

No clue who took his place though.

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Absolutely agree. The idea that you can decide anything for the good of Scottish football by allowing self interest to predominate, was always going to be a fail. As it has for well over 20 years.

Now just look at where our standing in European football has dropped to, if you exclude the serial self interest champions....the arse cheeks.....

It's simpler than that. Our game began to degenerate when the bulk of the money flowed to the Glasgow bigots, when we stopped sharing the gate money. At a stroke, every other club was cut off at the knees and the cash began to pile up with those two which they used in an arms war against each other, escalating and escalating until one of them died. This will happen again - absolutely guaranteed.

The 11-1 voting system means a fair share of gate money will now never happen whilst the SPFL exists.

The only way to end this is by the SFA - who hold the registrations of every player - declaring the SPFL a cartel and in breach of competition laws, breaking it up and starting again. 

45 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's simpler than that. Our game began to degenerate when the bulk of the money flowed to the Glasgow bigots, when we stopped sharing the gate money. At a stroke, every other club was cut off at the knees and the cash began to pile up with those two which they used in an arms war against each other, escalating and escalating until one of them died. This will happen again - absolutely guaranteed.

The 11-1 voting system means a fair share of gate money will now never happen whilst the SPFL exists.

The only way to end this is by the SFA - who hold the registrations of every player - declaring the SPFL a cartel and in breach of competition laws, breaking it up and starting again. 

You’re not feckin’ wrong, but it’ll never happen. If, and only if, Sevco gets put to the sword again, there might be a small window for change under the 11-1 voting rules...but even then I suspect that, as before, some other b*****d will screw the whole thing up (I’m looking at you, Aberdeen!).

Honestly, the only likely way this changes is if the lower leagues split from the Premiership, and that’s suicide anyway under the current conditions. If the Championship plus Leagues One and Two were willing to split off and cease accepting relegations from the Premiership and stop promoting to it, they could over time possibly fix this mess, but I don’t think there is enough money available to make that work right now. In the long run a stagnant Premiership would probably wither as all the money went to the same top three or four clubs.

56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You’re not feckin’ wrong, but it’ll never happen. If, and only if, Sevco gets put to the sword again, there might be a small window for change under the 11-1 voting rules...but even then I suspect that, as before, some other b*****d will screw the whole thing up (I’m looking at you, Aberdeen!).

Honestly, the only likely way this changes is if the lower leagues split from the Premiership, and that’s suicide anyway under the current conditions. If the Championship plus Leagues One and Two were willing to split off and cease accepting relegations from the Premiership and stop promoting to it, they could over time possibly fix this mess, but I don’t think there is enough money available to make that work right now. In the long run a stagnant Premiership would probably wither as all the money went to the same top three or four clubs.

I've thought about this for a while but it ain't gonna happen. How boring would the top league become if their was no relegation? Crowds for the teams at the bottom can be boosted greatly at the end of the season because they are playing six pointers nearly every week. All of that extra income would disappear with no relegation to worry about, two men and a dog would turn up for these relative "mean nothing" games (every Falkirk game means something to me but you get my drift).

Unfortunately the lower leagues will never be able to do this as they would be cutting of the monies form the TV deals, most of the smaller clubs would wither and die if depending on only gate money.

Anybody out there got any ideas how this could be achieved? Use it to get a more equitable distribution of both TV and gate monies?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Once again, a reminder if someone can help.

A little off topic but does anyone have pictures from the Banik Ostrava game we played in 1991? Two of my colleagues are from Ostrava but are quite surprised that they played in and against "Scottish team that is not Ranjez or Zelteek". One even had the cheek to say "Falkirk, you mean Dundee?"

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Once again, a reminder if someone can help.

A little off topic but does anyone have pictures from the Banik Ostrava game we played in 1991? Two of my colleagues are from Ostrava but are quite surprised that they played in and against "Scottish team that is not Ranjez or Zelteek". One even had the cheek to say "Falkirk, you mean Dundee?"

I've no idea who would have been covering Falkirk matches 30 years ago. The club certainly don't keep pictures from those day though it's possible Michael White would be able to help if you contacted him? 

The only photographer I can think of who's still working and might have been there is this guy. May be worth trying.  

https://michaelschofield.photoshelter.com/archive

There’s Jim Stewart, but Jim was 20 to 25 years back. I believe he has given up on photography, and now works with a registered charity.

12 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I've thought about this for a while but it ain't gonna happen. How boring would the top league become if their was no relegation? Crowds for the teams at the bottom can be boosted greatly at the end of the season because they are playing six pointers nearly every week. All of that extra income would disappear with no relegation to worry about, two men and a dog would turn up for these relative "mean nothing" games (every Falkirk game means something to me but you get my drift).

Unfortunately the lower leagues will never be able to do this as they would be cutting of the monies form the TV deals, most of the smaller clubs would wither and die if depending on only gate money.

Anybody out there got any ideas how this could be achieved? Use it to get a more equitable distribution of both TV and gate monies?

6 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Its not rocket science, the OF generate budgets the whole of Scotland added together can’t get near. The distribution of monies is levied at both finishing at the two top spots and maximising as much profit as possible. You can argue all day whether this is right wrong or indifferent. The remaining  SPFL top division clubs depending on league position receive a decent payout. It’s when any team drops out the division, suddenly the disparity and drop in monies is freighting, and most clubs see a £1M - £2M loss overnight. 
If you look at the distribution of cash down the championship compared to the top league its really frightening, and once you hit division1&2 the cash received just about keeps the lights on. 
There is no quick solution and the only change will come when both the OF leave our leagues. Football then could realistically realign to affordable budgets. 

Banda hits the nail on the head, the Old Firm have bent fitba to their will. As I noted, unless Sevco go tits up again, nothing in that arrangement will change, and even then I doubt a change could be rammed through. The support in Scotland can sustain two “large” clubs reasonably well, at the cost of all the others being near skint. Until, and unless, the monopoly of the OF is broken, we are left grubbing for scraps, bobbing up and down with the time and tides. And if fitba fails to attract enough new blood to the non-OF teams...