The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I smiled for a moment at the L&H imagery.

Then laughed out loud at the suggestion the SG would compensate clubs for suspending the game for another breach.

And then there's SKY TV to factor in.

But I also share your worry over us lower league clubs, signing players and expecting to play.  

As I have said in the past. Contracts signed must have a get out clause just like any other employer should the worse happen.

If the club have got players on a contract that does not have this release clause then they are endangering the whole future of FFC.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As I have said in the past. Contracts signed must have a get out clause just like any other employer should the worse happen.

If the club have got players on a contract that does not have this release clause then they are endangering the whole future of FFC.

Going by what was threatened in the top flight if theres no football you can punt players just like any other job.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It doesn’t really matter how players contracts are set up, if you are any business (in these unprecedented times) and can’t keep your employees working, it’s very easy to make redundancies.

I know but I'm sure the league and players union would have something to say if clubs started releasing players right left and centre.  In administration cases for example all football debt has to be repaid if a club is to be  allowed to keep operating at the same level.

21 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Wonder what will happen if the whole season has to be played behind doors.  It maybe sounds unlikely but events could happen to ensure it.   Season ticket money would have to be returned.  Many clubs going out of business?

If that worst case scenario happened I assume many clubs would turn to there TV channels to broadcast games and charge a lot more than previously.

I personally wouldn't ask for my ST cash back as I fully understand what happened wasn't FFCs fault

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

All depends on the contract of employment the employee signed. 

All players in scotland have a clause 12 written in to their contracts which basically suspends their contracts.

“In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this Agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the Club is exempted from such suspension or the Club otherwise determines.” 

so if the game is suspended so are the players contracts and therefore wages.  Not sure whether this would mean the players are free to go or not but I would presume so.

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All players in scotland have a clause 12 written in to their contracts which basically suspends their contracts.

“In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this Agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the Club is exempted from such suspension or the Club otherwise determines.” 

so if the game is suspended so are the players contracts and therefore wages.  Not sure whether this would mean the players are free to go or not but I would presume so.

Thanks for that it was very helpful. The players are just like everybody else, trying to hold down a job.

They deserve our goodwill and support whatever team they play for. Am sure they are more angry than the fans at how their fellow professionals have let themselves down, their team mates down, their clubs down and more damning their fellow players whos jobs they have put at risk.

I fear there will be another incident !  it's a matter of time. 

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

To give you a bad example if one of my drivers runs over a kid outside a school when speeding am I going to say nothing to do with me? No you take a big part in the responsibility for that.

If your driver was insured and licensed you would not be prosecuted. UNLESS it could be proven that the driver had a history of speeding (say from tacho analysis) which you knew about and failed to correct. You could then face charges of "causing or permitting" an offence. 

In which case you'ld have to provide evidence to show that you did everything possible, but that ultimately you couldn't prevent an arsehole from being an arsehole. The human factor. 

Which is kinda my point re football. Closing it down because of idiocy from a tiny percentage of people involved should not happen. Punish them and let the rest of us get on with it. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
grammar

If your driver was insured and licensed you would not be prosecuted. UNLESS it could be proven that the driver had a history of speeding (say from tacho analysis) which you knew about and failed to correct. You could then face charges of "causing or permitting" an offence. 
In which case you'ld have to provide evidence to show that you did everything possible, but that ultimately you couldn't prevent an arsehole being an arsehole. The human factor. 

Anyway football, any chat?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyway football, any chat?

I wish. Still two months until the season kicks off.  

Players return for preseason in a week and a half though. I imagine there will be friendlies though I've no idea if FFCTV will be covering them. I'll try and remember to ask when I'm in tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wish. Still two months until the season kicks off.  

Players return for preseason in a week and a half though. I imagine there will be friendlies though I've no idea if FFCTV will be covering them. I'll try and remember to ask when I'm in tomorrow. 

You in tomorrow to take some pictures of Blair Alston?