The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What an appalling appointment Gow was  even for us.

Exactly. A complete shambles which makes you wonder what the bod we're playing at appointing him in the first place. Still concerning that he was able to get his foot in the door and hopefully Deans and co won't make similar mistakes in the future. Was he actually getting paid for this role?

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. A complete shambles which makes you wonder what the bod we're playing at appointing him in the first place. Still concerning that he was able to get his foot in the door and hopefully Deans and co won't make similar mistakes in the future. Was he actually getting paid for this role?

I don’t want to say he panicked but losing out on Jefferies to hearts and the season coming perhaps thought ex player with players contacts through agent work may find a rough diamond.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

I don’t want to say he panicked but losing out on Jefferies to hearts and the season coming perhaps thought ex player with players contacts through agent work may find a rough diamond.

Has he actually done anything I wonder? Put plans in place , changed anything or has it just been a complete waste of time?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Has he actually done anything I wonder? Put plans in place , changed anything or has it just been a complete waste of time?

He was most likely too busy with his own takeover bid. In all seriousness I hope this highlights the fact that it doesn't actually have to be someone who was previously with the club for the role. Yes it would be nice if they had affiliations with Falkirk but I'd rather see us get someone who has actually been a DOF previously or has some scouting experience before just giving it to someone as they are 'one of us'

The Gow thing was a monumental balls up from the word go. For all the good Deans and co. have done this was  huge own goal that,after the agm knifedge vote could have put the future of the club at risk. Hopefully now advertise the job properly and find someone with the right credentials. 

The club panicked a bit and Gow was shoe horned into the position after his initial discussions about investing were leaked as this is the role he seem himself in should he have acquired that 26% shareholding.  Discussions broke down after a lack of transparency on funding and also the involvement of Margaret Lang and Andy Thomson transpired.  Club were then moved on and perused the Rawlins investment leaving Gow stuck in a role he was never going to fill unless his attempt to block the Rawlins investment and share issue had succeeded. I think we can agree it was an absolute mess and badly handled but the club got the correct result in the end with the help of the fans. Probably time to draw a line under it now and look forward. 

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The club panicked a bit and Gow was shoe horned into the position after his initial discussions about investing were leaked as this is the role he seem himself in should he have acquired that 26% shareholding.  Discussions broke down after a lack of transparency on funding and also the involvement of Margaret Lang and Andy Thomson transpired.  Club were then moved on and perused the Rawlins investment leaving Gow stuck in a role he was never going to fill unless his attempt to block the Rawlins investment and share issue had succeeded. I think we can agree it was an absolute mess and badly handled but the club got the correct result in the end with the help of the fans. Probably time to draw a line under it now and look forward. 

Was he getting paid in this role?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully folk can stop acting like "Alan Gow" was ever actually anything other than a shitehawk. Minimal affiliation with this club and welcomed back like a hero.

Do you think he was welcomed back like a hero ? I never really got that impression Tbf. I thought most people weren’t sure what his role was.

I am not on Facebook mind you.