The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Depressing reading here. Hang 'em and flog 'em brigade out in force.

Just give them a punishment that fits the crime that's all.  3 years when goodness knows how many deaths his actions caused is nowhere near enough if you ask me but then I suppose you'd have to really ask someone close to one of his victims to see what they think.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just give them a punishment that fits the crime that's all.  3 years when goodness knows how many deaths his actions caused is nowhere near enough if you ask me but then I suppose you'd have to really ask someone close to one of his victims to see what they think.

He got 6 years or so. I presume his behaviour inside must have been good, he certainly did most of a university degree while in prison and one presumes shown genuine remorse for his actions.

I have no idea, but these seem like reasonable assumptions to make. Obviously you know the ins and outs of this case much better than me so I'll just drop this interesting link here and bow out.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180514-do-long-prison-sentences-deter-crime

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree 3 years is too little.

However, if, as you say, his sentence was 6, then it’s our soft justice that’s at fault.

Just can’t see why people don’t do the time they are given?

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He got 6 years or so. I presume his behaviour inside must have been good, he certainly did most of a university degree while in prison and one presumes shown genuine remorse for his actions.

I have no idea, but these seem like reasonable assumptions to make. Obviously you know the ins and outs of this case much better than me so I'll just drop this interesting link here and bow out.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180514-do-long-prison-sentences-deter-crime

It's whether you think 3 years is enough punishment for being involved in something that results in people losing their lives.  We're not talking throw away the key but it seems far too lenient a punishment to me. Whether it deters him from doing it again is a totally different topic. It's the punishment part I'm arguing about  and again you'd need to ask some of his victims to find out whether they saw it as appropriate or not.

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

All this whinging does my tits in. Do our talk on the field and then we can moan to our hearts content about Livingston

Can't exactly moan about what happens on the field just now so therefore these side piece conversations occur. Absolutely nothing on the transfer front aswell due to current circumstances.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How exactly would you know that his actions caused any deaths? Was it part of the court case / public record?

Plenty of folk have dabbled in drugs, didn’t die or become addicted. I have no personal awareness of his case so may be missing that he was selling some bad stuff etc. 

Not defending the guy but suspect you’re making a number of pretty big assumptions in your messages about him effectively being the cause of ‘goodness knows how many’ people dying.

How exactly would you know that his actions caused any deaths? Was it part of the court case / public record?
Plenty of folk have dabbled in drugs, didn’t die or become addicted. I have no personal awareness of his case so may be missing that he was selling some bad stuff etc. 

Not defending the guy but suspect you’re making a number of pretty big assumptions in your messages about him effectively being the cause of ‘goodness knows how many’ people dying.

You are aware that he wasn’t some side street seller aren’t you?....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/livingston-fcs-david-martindale-cough-13178358.amp [\URL]

28 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wasn’t aware of the details but this isn’t a mr big imo. Despite the report there suggesting that it is, 6.3kilos would go in a very short period of time in places like Manchester, Glasgow and London even back in 2006. 

This obviously wasn’t the whole extent of what they did and more so what they were caught with. Hardly ping pin stuff over numerous addresses. Low level trafficking sitting just above the street dealers if you ask me. 

Can't be! BPM never ever ever whinges or moans.

FFS grow up. People do things they shouldn’t. Most of them pay either by serving time in jail or financially.

I have already said this guy would not be for me but he served his sentence, seems to have seen the error of his ways so IMO anyone should be allowed to get on with their lives. It is only them who have to live with their conscience.

Interesting that the SFA told him to bolt when he tried to do his coaching badges. He'd served his sentence, seen the error of his ways, got on with his life then, so what's changed? 

Pardon me for thinking having convicted drug dealers coaching and training young people in sport is a bad thing. 

Interesting that the SFA told him to bolt when he tried to do his coaching badges. He'd served his sentence, seen the error of his ways, got on with his life then, so what's changed? 

Pardon me for thinking having convicted drug dealers coaching and training young people in sport is a bad thing. 

The Livingston players don’t seem to mind. In fact one said in radio at the weekend it was the best dressing room he had ever been in and the manager had a big part to play in that.