The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, a manager who gets his team relegated by playing a style not suited to any of his players is a good appointment, presumably because they played a lot of passes.

Mad.

I don't quite think you understand the hoofball we've had to endure for the last two seasons. Hoofball to Conor Sammon who shrinks when he jumps. People used to moan in the Yogi days about us just continously playing sidewards but I'd take a big dose of side to side right now over what we've been served up. 

Even when we were top of the league our fans were moaning about how terrible the football had been this season which speaks volumes. 

The next manager just needs to have a clue what they are doing and the only way to work that out is to have a proper application process with interviews. Peter Grant and Stuart Taylor are the only names i've seen touted so far.

Airdrie should put us out our misery tomorrow night so we can focus on next year.

Mutch

New New Dixon Kelly

Morrison New Telfer New

Dowds Keena

If we can offload Alston and Miller it would be a bonus, I wouldn't be bothered about the rest that are under contract for next season staying.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't quite think you understand the hoofball we've had to endure for the last two seasons. Hoofball to Conor Sammon who shrinks when he jumps. People used to moan in the Yogi days about us just continously playing sidewards but I'd take a big dose of side to side right now over what we've been served up. 

Even when we were top of the league our fans were moaning about how terrible the football had been this season whichs speak volumes. 

The next manager just needs to have a clue what they are doing and the only way to work that out is to have a proper application process with interviews. Peter Grant and Stuart Taylor are the only names i've seen touted so far.

I imagine you'll all be delighted to finish 3rd in the division, simply because you're playing less long balls every week. 

Maybe you should just get the best manager you can, as generally winning football is enjoyable football. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They weren't at the club at the same time.

Holt will have coached both his sons in the Norwich Academy. Peter Grant would have been in and around Norwich even if it was to watch his two sons so they'll know of eachother. Probably fairly well.

Alloa is one of those clubs that is eventually going to get relegated eventually. Every season is a battle to stay up.  His CV is a lot stronger than most of the dross we will be looking at. 

If Arbroath and Raith can get out of league one then it's not going to cost a fortune to do it. You just need to spend the money a lot better.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine you'll all be delighted to finish 3rd in the division, simply because you're playing less long balls every week. 

Maybe you should just get the best manager you can, as generally winning football is enjoyable football. 

Thanks for simplifying the full process for us, is there a place the best managers normally stand or go to eat that you'd recommend we start our search?

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Holt will have coached both his sons in the Norwich Academy. Peter Grant would have been in and around Norwich even if it was to watch his two sons so they'll know of eachother. Probably fairly well.

Knowing of each other hardly makes it an old pals act.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Thanks for simplifying the full process for us, is there a place the best managers normally stand or go to eat that you'd recommend we start our search?

They tend to work as assistant managers at st Johnstone first.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You generally get a bunch of them to give you their CVs, interview them, then pick the best one.

Understand Falkirk aren't familiar with this process, though.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You generally get a bunch of them to give you their CVs, interview them, then pick the best one.

When was the last st Johnstone did that mind you?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just remember….they get bigger crowds than the two Saints clubs combined. 😂 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When was the last st Johnstone did that mind you?

One manager ago. Interviews were held then Tommy Wright got the job. Callum Davidson was hired as assistant at the same time with the idea he'd replace Wright, and that came to pass.

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Even when we were top of the league our fans were moaning about how terrible the football had been this season which speaks volumes. 

Airdrie should put us out our misery tomorrow night so we can focus on next year.

Mutch

New New Dixon Kelly

Morrison New Telfer New

Dowds Keena

If we can offload Alston and Miller it would be a bonus, I wouldn't be bothered about the rest that are under contract for next season staying.

Dowds and Keena both have to go for me. Neither have done anything of note all season. 

Keena is still under contract but there may be interest in taking him off our hands. I’ve no idea why we would want to  offer Dowds an extension.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Dowds and Keena both have to go for me. Neither have done anything of note all season. 

Keena is still under contract but there may be interest in taking him off our hands. I’ve no idea why we would want to  offer Dowds an extension.

I wouldn't be bothered if they all left.  Any manager worth his salt should be able to put a team together with our budget to get us in the mix to get out of this league.  Too many shite bag players thinking it's going to be an easy pay day though have been picked up in the past two seasons. That has to change.

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Dowds signed on a two year deal as far as i'm aware.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Agreed. I honestly can’t think of anyone, and we are probably a poor choice - getting into a habit of sacking folk.

Wonder if anyone in any of Rawlins previous ventures in football would be suitable / available. 

Only if he can be the agent I suspect . I’d give Peter grant a very short term deal to see if he can change things and get us up ! 

Guest Ecosse83
45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One manager ago. Interviews were held then Tommy Wright got the job. Callum Davidson was hired as assistant at the same time with the idea he'd replace Wright, and that came to pass.

Steady, that would be far too sensible for us!