The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I loved whoever it was on here who laid out the stark truth of what we had become when someone questioned if it was really that bad.

He or she said “We have just drawn with Cove, been beaten by Peterhead and Montrose, and been absolutely battered by Partick. Yes, it is that bad.

That was me

Does the patient get its life support switched off tonight or get seven more days treatment even though the end result will be the same.

Not paying to watch tonight, although shouldn’t get blinded by sun. One of these ones if the agony is prolonged will see what Saturday brings if the doesn’t don’t want to see it. 

Just a few things from this thread, we aren't going to end up like clyde or airdrie, moving out of Glasgow and airdrie for years screwed their crowds and teams. Yes being crap hits your support but more like raith over last couple of seasons rather than the other 2 teams. 

We need to (again) rebuild next season and unless you're completely daft or not a bairn's fan then surely even if we scrap though somehow then rebuilding in the championship is better than in league 1. 

MR and SA are millionaires, they are not dependent of Falkirk fc making money or selling season tickets to make their cash, so this we'll get rid of them if we stay down is just crap. Things are changing off the pitch, hopefully on the pitch will also improve. 

And on the pitch 1st game v cove or montrose and our full team were better, last game v airdrie at home they took their chance in an even game. Morton are worse than arbroath. We still can go up and I'd take that any day of the week. If you want to know why, 1st game next season could potentially be home or away to dundee or killie or home or away to peterhead, which would you prefer? 

Guest Ecosse83

Mutch

mercer.       Neilson.  McClelland.  Kelly

Miller.     Gomis 

Morrison.             Alston.             Leitch

Sammon

I’m trying to be realistic about what Holt will do with that line up. We’re at the stage where we need to defensive mids to try and protect that back 4 and let’s be honest Mutch needs protecting as well he’s shit! 

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Just a few things from this thread, we aren't going to end up like clyde or airdrie, moving out of Glasgow and airdrie for years screwed their crowds and teams. Yes being crap hits your support but more like raith over last couple of seasons rather than the other 2 teams. 

We need to (again) rebuild next season and unless you're completely daft or not a bairn's fan then surely even if we scrap though somehow then rebuilding in the championship is better than in league 1. 

MR and SA are millionaires, they are not dependent of Falkirk fc making money or selling season tickets to make their cash, so this we'll get rid of them if we stay down is just crap. Things are changing off the pitch, hopefully on the pitch will also improve. 

And on the pitch 1st game v cove or montrose and our full team were better, last game v airdrie at home they took their chance in an even game. Morton are worse than arbroath. We still can go up and I'd take that any day of the week. If you want to know why, 1st game next season could potentially be home or away to dundee or killie or home or away to peterhead, which would you prefer? 

Maybe not Airdrie or Clyde, it could be worse like a Third Lanark or Clydebank. Then coming back in some form in the Lowland Leagues. Does that sound too drastic? The way we’re in freefall with the people at the helm of the club, it doesn’t seem completely implausible.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Mutch

mercer.       Neilson.  McClelland.  Kelly

Miller.     Gomis 

Morrison.             Alston.             Leitch

Sammon

I’m trying to be realistic about what Holt will do with that line up. We’re at the stage where we need to defensive mids to try and protect that back 4 and let’s be honest Mutch needs protecting as well he’s shit! 

I think this is just about the best we can do. Much as i'm desperate to see the back of him, i'd have (if fit) Durnan CB and Neilson RB.

54 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Oh that's fine then instead of crowds dropping from 4000 to 1000 they'll only drop to circa 1500. I was worried there for a minute.🙈🙈.

We won't go up. This 15 or so imposters would be struggling to keep us in the league never mind go up if it was a 27 game season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

That was me

Well, it summed it up perfectly.

I had a chat with a guy from Airdrie that I used to work with. He reckoned Falkirk were “a wounded wolf, and probably very dangerous”. 
When I stop laughing, I will eventually get round to answering him.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Oh that's fine then instead of crowds dropping from 4000 to 1000 they'll only drop to circa 1500. I was worried there for a minute.🙈🙈.

We won't go up. This 15 or so imposters would be struggling to keep us in the league never mind go up if it was a 27 game season.

Oh it’s not that bad. Over the course of a full season, this squad is good enough to steer us into 7th or 6th. Hell, get the right breaks, and they could probably make it to 5th.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Well, it summed it up perfectly.
I had a chat with a guy from Airdrie that I used to work with. He reckoned Falkirk were “a wounded wolf, and probably very dangerous”. 
When I stop laughing, I will eventually get round to answering him.

More like ‘sheep in wolves clothing’....

I get there isn't much else he can say right now but it's the same pish interviews that made me dislike him as a manager. "Nobody likes getting beat" "We've worked on a gameplan" 

At this stage just don't do pre match or post match interviews. Go silent till this shit show of a season's over. In a way how shit Holt is doing with the squad of players is covering up for the fact the board should have got rid of M&M much earlier. As they can now say look at the results after they were sacked. 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Even if we draw tonight we finish 4th on goal difference barring an absolute monsterous Montrose win of Hamilton vs Dumbarton magnitude. Part of me wants it done and part of me wants us to have a shot at it, as there's no doubt we're shite but none of the rest are actually much better.

Cove have Fyvie and Megginson, Airdrie have Turner and two solid centre backs, Looking at the Morton team from Friday night none of them really stand out, they have a decent footballing centre of midfield in Mcginn and Jacobs but they also have Brian Mclean playing centre back.

Missing a few things here regarding Airdrie. We have Leon McCann who is arguably the best left back in the league. We have also beaten you twice this season already when we were wildly inconsistent. Yes we have Turner but we also have Paton in there who has formed a good partnership with Turner which has made us more solid. I presume you refer to Crichton and Fordyce as the two centre backs. I don't think Crichton will play as Josh Kerr has came back from injury and kept him out the last few games. The only reason Crichton will play will be due to Murray rotating the team. We also have Connell up front who has come onto form. He has only played ten minutes against you so far this season. Again, he picked up an injury so may be rested. 

I suspect Falkirk will be in the play offs no matter the result as i can't see Montrose beating Partick

Guest Ecosse83
34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Holt greeting about refereeing decisions on Saturday, saying Airdrie is a really tough place to go and saying "hopefully we can get over the line".

And yet I'll pay my £12 like a chump.

The more I hear him the more I want him gone!

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Holts in no mans land, didn’t expect to be in the dug out, doesn’t want the job and in the circumstances needs to keep a stiff upper lip. The players are utter shite but he’s got to try and talk them up while we still have a mathematical chance of ...........................................

Tbf, he could do those things without coming over as a sneering David Brent tribute act.