The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

The likes of Murray and McHugh will get a few goals at this level.  I'd expect them to get more than Keena and dowds any day of the week.

6 each last season....ok I'm feart 😃

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

'he's a jobber cos he looks like one in that picture'

'a picture means nothing so I'm not writing him off because that' 

You truly are an enigma, a parody of Shadwell cat if nothing else. 

Entertaining at least 😂

That's not what I said.  I was replying to someone saying that he wasn't a jobber  as he's only 19 . I said it probably doesn't help that he looks a bit like a jobber. I never once said he's a jobber because he looks like one.

Folk made their mind up that the squad is shite despite us still having about 6 players to bring in.

Folk pretending Bob McHugh is decent 😳. The same folk who’d be absolutely raging I f we were going into the season with McHugh upfront.

The squad may well end up shite, likewise it may end up decent. Why don’t we at least wait until it’s complete before making a judgement?

As it stands, the fact we never have to see Durnan, Leitch, Sammon and Francis play for us again is already an upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

6 each last season....ok I'm feart 😃

Murray scored 6 in 6 starts. That's more than our entire strike force in 35 starts last season. McHugh was 6 in 18 starts. I'd still say both although hardly superstars are better than anything we have at the moment.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

McHugh is poor.

No way would I want a signing like that.

I'm not saying we should sign him I'm simply saying he's better than anyone we currently have which unfortunately is true at the moment.  Dowds and Keena scored 3 between them last season.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's not what I said.  I was replying to someone saying that he wasn't a jobber  as he's only 19 . I said it probably doesn't help that he looks a bit like a jobber. I never once said he's a jobber because he looks like one.

The gift that keeps on giving

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Folk made their mind up that the squad is shite despite us still having about 6 players to bring in.

Folk pretending Bob McHugh is decent 😳. The same folk who’d be absolutely raging I f we were going into the season with McHugh upfront.

The squad may well end up shite, likewise it may end up decent. Why don’t we at least wait until it’s complete before making a judgement?

As it stands, the fact we never have to see Durnan, Leitch, Sammon and Francis play for us again is already an upgrade. 

Where did I say he was decent FFS. I simply said he was better than anything we have at the moment which saddens me to say as I wouldn't want us to sign him no.  Let's see who we get in before we slag off the likes of McHugh .

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

:lol: What??

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Murray scored 6 in 6 starts. That's more than our entire strike force in 35 starts last season. McHugh was 6 in 18 starts. I'd still say both although hardly superstars are better than anything we have at the moment.

If there was an option to offload Mchugh based on his performances last season, Id happily go for it. Been a huge disappointment so far  

A fully fit Simon Murray is a frightening prospect for league 1, really seen the fruits of it at the end of the season when he returned to full fitness from his Acl injury

Swap Mchugh for Keena🤣? Massive fan of his when on loan a few years back 

Just now, qpfc said:

If there was an option to offload Mchugh based on his performances last season, Id happily go for it. Been a huge disappointment so far  

A fully fit Simon Murray is a frightening prospect for league 1, really seen the fruits of it at the end of the season when he returned to full fitness from his Acl injury

Swap Mchugh for Keena🤣? Massive fan of his when on loan a few years back 

McHugh's shite but he's like haaland compared to the dross we currently have as strikers.

Guest Peter LaFleur

In the defence of our strikers our general play last season was awful. We were so disjointed and had no game plan to actually create chances other than hope Morrison beat his man. Keena especially came back from injury at a time where the team collapsed. I wouldn’t be surprised under a new manager and team if one of Dowds or Keena works out for us this season. We absolutely need more competition and quality in this area but I’m willing to give both another shot.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

We're going to have to sign some real head turner's to make this squad look decent. To me you do your main business early in the window and then it's just the finishing touches late on.  It's worrying that our signings so far have been bang average  in the main and we're going to be scraping about at the last minute trying to bring in a striker when all the decent ones will have sorted themselves out.

I'm not saying we should sign him I'm simply saying he's better than anyone we currently have which unfortunately is true at the moment.  Dowds and Keena scored 3 between them last season.

Aye and according to you they both made 35 starts last season. News to me.

Keena's a goal scorer and will bag a few if he gets the service and stays fit. He's a much better player than McHugh.

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

In the defence of our strikers our general play last season was awful. We were so disjointed and had no game plan to actually create chances other than hope Morrison beat his man. Keena especially came back from injury at a time where the team collapsed. I wouldn’t be surprised under a new manager and team if one of Dowds or Keena works out for us this season. We absolutely need more competition and quality in this area but I’m willing to give both another shot.

Dowds isn't s goal scorer for a start though. His game is holding the ball up and bringing others in and creating chances for others. Even if he improved your talking about limited goals anyway.  I was warned about Keena before we signed him but hoped he would do okay. Not convinced. We can't go into a season just hoping one or both of them comes good.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye and according to you they both made 35 starts last season. News to me.

Keena's a goal scorer and will bag a few if he gets the service and stays fit. He's a much better player than McHugh.

No our strikers last season made 35 starts I never at any point said it was just the two of them.  And what are you basing this much better player than McHugh on exactly apart from it being hard to be worse than McHugh although he certainly managed it last season.

Dowds isn't s goal scorer for a start though. His game is holding the ball up and bringing others in and creating chances for others. Even if he improved your talking about limited goals anyway.  I was warned about Keena before we signed him but hoped he would do okay. Not convinced. We can't go into a season just hoping one or both of them comes good.

Ooh, that's interesting! Who was it that warned you?

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The old Bob McHugh stat with starts versus goals, 4 goals in 7 starts is decent but let's not forget they were the only full time team in a donkey derby league. 11 appearances in total showing the reason he ended up at Queen's Park is because of injuries. He had one plucky season as a goalscorer but as it stands there is only two genuine scorers in this league and the two at Queen's park are not even close to being in that two.

A scout from st Mirren and one from Raith rovers. Both didn't rate him at all.  Before you ask neither gave me the ndaba tip.  They also think we've signed a complete pile of dross this season apart from McCann but we'll just need to wait and see what happens.