The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Yes, I remember that too. Clearly the low point of our season.Wonderful as the last week's been, I still really wish we'd won the Cup tie and had your weekend to look forward to.You all sound pretty down, but you've a decent chance. Hibs are no great shakes.

I am not down. Disappointed that we have few attacking options due to cup tied players and injury but not about Hibs one bit. We will make it tough for them I am sure.

Thanks for clearing that up. Every day is a schoolday!

I believe we are looking at a stand/terrace in conjunction with our charity arm of the club which will see community facilities attached to the side/back of the stand/terrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

That was easily my favourite season ever.

Funny how different fans see the game. I, like Ned, thought it was a dreadful season.

Only followed Falkirk properly since 2000 but the McCall season then taken on by Hughes and Coyle is definitely up there with my favourite season. Sexy football, great atmospheres at games and a 4-0 thumping of Hearts at half time.

Piece of advice for young Falkirk fans.

We are a yoyo team. We will spend about 1/3rd of the time in the top flight and the other 2/3rds where we are now.

Any season where we are in the top flight and not relegated should be viewed as successful.

Any cup runs thrown in for good measure should also be seen as a success.

When the good times are here, brace yourself for the rug getting pulled.

When your feeling like giving up and scrapping football altogether, that is when we pull something out the bag.

Expect the unexpected should be tattooed on every Falkirk fan.

Enjoy the ride.

Guest ceast93

We are a yoyo team. We will spend about 1/3rd of the time in the top flight and the other 2/3rds where we are now.

Any season where we are in the top flight and not relegated should be viewed as successful.

When your feeling like giving up and scrapping football altogether, that is when we pull something out the bag.

Enjoy the ride.

Perfect summary! 100% nailed it!

Enjoy the ride.

Your making far too much sense Gaz. Us Bairns must embrace Saturday as it might never happen again for a long spell. I don't buy this "we shouldn't accept mediocrity". Of course no one does but we should also be mindful of what nearly happened in 97/98

It is accepting mediocrity when the best we can achieve is a yo-yo club.

I'm not expecting us to achieve promotion or anything this year and I doubt it'll be next year either. But based on the stability in the top flight of a club like Motherwell, why can't that be possible for us too? I know Motherwell were fortunate with their admin in the early 2000s but why can't we aim to be an established top flight team based on our fan base and facilities in comparison to other top flight?

Older fans also saw Stainrod, Cadette, Parks, Crunchie in his prime, Jim Jefferies time as manager. My Grampa saw Alex Parker, John White and was around my age when we won the Scottish Cup. My great Grampa was going to games when we broke the world transfer record. It's not like we were playing public park football until 2002.

1998 was almost 20 years ago, someone born in 1998 can drive a car now. Change the record.

BTW, looks like Keatings and Carrick are leaving Hearts over the summer. Houston has ejaculated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

Keatings is Hearts joint top goal scorer according to that so wouldn't be too disgruntled if we got him. Not sure him and Baird could play together and still feel we would need another big striker with a presence up top.

Not to say that he would come to Falkirk anyway.

Carrick I haven't seen a lot of. Therefore he will sign for Falkirk.

Older fans also saw Stainrod, Cadette, Parks, Crunchie in his prime, Jim Jefferies time as manager.

My favourite time as a fan. Only matched by the 2002/03 season. I suppose I knew what was coming the year we avoided relegation and made the cup final. Comes with experience.

Enjoy the ride.

All I'd say to young fans......you never experienced Brockville.....still we have experienced more success at the TFS....still not Brockville

Funny how different fans see the game. I, like Ned, thought it was a dreadful season.

Only followed Falkirk properly since 2000 but the McCall season then taken on by Hughes and Coyle is definitely up there with my favourite season. Sexy football, great atmospheres at games and a 4-0 thumping of Hearts at half time.

Inverness game....I don't I will ever experience the rollercoaster like that ever again, cup game we dominated possession wise v Rangers....the real downside of that season for me was the divide between players and supporters.... it took two seasons to heal that

Enjoy the ride.

From wikipedia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Falkirk_FC_League_Performance.svg

Especially the period late 1980s-late 1990s were extremely yo yo-ish.

All I'd say to young fans......you never experienced Brockville.....still we have experienced more success at the TFS....still not Brockville

Brockville certainly was a special place.

It only needed about 3500 to feel like a big game where as sometimes an 6000+ crowd at Westfield still feels flat.

We also now seem to bottle large crowd home games where as Brockville seemed to win us games especially with an atmosphere.