The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So would you prefer that fans didn't let their feelings be heard?

It hopefully is just a rumour however, how would you feel if this turns out be legitimate and the club sign him? Would be a bit late in the day to complain about it would it not?

We're just jumping from one topic to beat the bod with to another. Why not put our trust in the new bod to do the right thing having seen it come to fruition with Holt already?  Wed rather believe the tabloids instead it would seem.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Theres been rumours about us signing him for years FFS. An unsubstantiated rumour in a couple of tabloids is hardly enough to start panic stations.  If it quoted Rennie saying we're looking at him them fine but people are again getting carried away.

Do you know if there is any truth in the board discussing signing him? 

I understand it seems a little OTT the response to rumours or things we know little about on here but that’s the way it’s always been on forums. Even with fans reps we’ll never fully know. 

Maybe the board felt they had to part with Holt due to the comments on here. Maybe they’ll not sign Goodwillie because of that too or maybe Holt was always going and Goodwillie has never been mentioned as a potential signing. 

Until we hear otherwise what are we to do but respond to rumours or speculation? 

5 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I’d rather every single fan with this concern panicked at this moment in time because of the rumour rather than vent anger after an official signing. Hopefully we are all getting our knickers in a twist over nothing.

Seems like getting knickers in a twist is a daily occurrence on here now just the topic that changes. Would be nice if fans would start to put a bit of belief in the new bod and give them a fair crack of the whip.

We're just jumping from one topic to beat the bod with to another. Why not put our trust in the new bod to do the right thing having seen it come to fruition with Holt already?  Wed rather believe the tabloids instead it would seem.

All people are doing is pointing out the actions they’d take personally if the club sign the player. Is it not better that the decision makers at the club are aware of that to help inform the decision?

There is actually quite a sizable number on the Facebook page who are all for it so they might take that into consideration too. That’s for them to decide but I’d rather add my voice to those opposing this in case it help avoid a situation where I go and watch someone else on a Saturday. 

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Absolutely nobody is hammering the board. Everyone is just expressing their concern over the rumour and what the consequence would be if we were to sign him. I agree with you, we have to trust the guys in charge. They haven’t done anything that would suggest they can’t be trusted either. Everything coming out of the club has been positive thus far.

Edited by TedCrilly

Seems like getting knickers in a twist is a daily occurrence on here now just the topic that changes. Would be nice if fans would start to put a bit of belief in the new bod and give them a fair crack of the whip.

Aw shut the f**k up about the new bod for fucks sake. It’s not about them. What a turn about in attitude from you, one would really think there’s an agenda! New bod old bod we shouldn’t be signing a rapist full stop. And I’m not saying we are, just we shouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Do you know if there is any truth in the board discussing signing him? 

I understand it seems a little OTT the response to rumours or things we know little about on here but that’s the way it’s always been on forums. Even with fans reps we’ll never fully know. 

Maybe the board felt they had to part with Holt due to the comments on here. Maybe they’ll not sign Goodwillie because of that too or maybe Holt was always going and Goodwillie has never been mentioned as a potential signing. 

Until we hear otherwise what are we to do but respond to rumours or speculation? 

Do what we normally do any treat them with the contempt they deserve as it's papers filling space caused by the top flight clubs bringing their winter break forward and theirs feck all to right about.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not saying I believe the papers on this, in fact I did say that it's hopefully only a rumour. The BOD could easily set us straight very easily though, couldn't they?

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Do what we normally do any treat them with the contempt they deserve as it's papers filling space caused by the top flight clubs bringing their winter break forward and theirs feck all to right about.

Who is buying a newspaper because there's a story about a midtable League One club signing a player from another midtable League One club?

The rumours may be unsubstantiated and it would be ridiculous to expect the club to respond to every rumour, however, with a rumour this divisive at a time when the club seems to be making progress, a statement to quash this rumour is absolutely the right thing to do!

I would like to think, the board aren't shutting these rumours down because that man doesn't deserve any kind of publicity.

Frankly that reasoning is stupid imo.
This isn’t an average joe bloggs signing so needs to be treated a bit more seriously.
If this is the reaction on this one site what do you think the impact is going to be across the support as a whole?
Incidentally I noted someone yesterday said that clubs don’t come out with statements in these circumstances. Well both Sheffield United and Bangor City did actually re Andrew Johnson signing rumours….

Just now, Rugster said:

Aw shut the f**k up about the new bod for fucks sake. It’s not about them. What a turn about in attitude from you, one would really think there’s an agenda! New bod old bod we shouldn’t be signing a rapist full stop. And I’m not saying we are, just we shouldn’t. 

I'm not saying for a minute we should but people wet themselves every bloody transfer window over goodwillie.  It's the same stuff over and over again .  The bloody editor of these papers must think Christ I'm bored let's put in a bit about Falkirk signing goodwillie again and then sit and watch pie and Bovril for a laugh. Why does anyone think there's any more chance of him signing thus window compared to the last 6 or 7 he's been mentioned in?

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not saying for a minute we should but people wet themselves every bloody transfer window over goodwillie.  It's the same stuff over and over again .  The bloody editor of these papers must think Christ I'm bored let's put in a bit about Falkirk signing goodwillie again and then sit and watch pie and Bovril for a laugh. Why does anyone think there's any more chance of him signing thus window compared to the last 6 or 7 he's been mentioned in?

Like Marshmallo said, do you honestly think the editors of these newspapers think stories about diddy clubs like us signing a player will add to their circulation? Or an argument on pie an bovril is entertainment?  They’re not doing it to sell papers, fuckin hell. 

Edited by Rugster

Because we have a new bod? We know what the last lot thought about it, we don't know know what the new lot do.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Who is buying a newspaper because there's a story about a midtable League One club signing a player from another midtable League One club?

What's that got to do with it? They need to fill up column space FFS whether folk read it or not . I find it quite remarkable that the folk that usually can't wait to decry anyone who comes on hear believing a rumour in the sun or daily record are suddenly taking this seriously for some reason.

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

True but sometimes rumours occur for a reason. Said before that I really doubt the board would sign them as they’ll know the split that would cause. If they did meet then it’s more than a rumour though. If true my only thought on that is that maybe Rennie or Miller have asked the question and the board has dutifully tried to garner opinion first. 

Miller will know him from his time with Scotland anyway. 

Could be utter bollocks but the club(old board I know) did respond to a rumour about approaching Neil McCann for the job so would hope they’ll put this one to bed soon. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts