The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guy threatened to assault a fellow board member FFS. He shouldn't be anywhere near the bloody club. If you're happy with people like that being in and around our club then that's your prerogative but that certainly ain't my view.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guy threatened to assault a fellow board member FFS. He shouldn't be anywhere near the bloody club. If you're happy with people like that being in and around our club then that's your prerogative but that certainly ain't my view.

So… temper temper ….. 

I asked question as I’m not in the know as much as you very clearly are 

So who did he threaten? 

Were  the police called , if not then  why not ? As surely being charged by the police would be easiest way to then be rid of such a person ? 
Which board member (I’m assuming old board member? ) did he threaten to assault ?

why do you assume I’m happy for him to be there , I asked for facts so I. Can make up my mind accordingly 

Has this matter been addressed by the current board as it’s quite serious to have someone threatening people still involved ? Have the FSS been engaged  which is easiest way to see traction surely 

Edit : Bit of a odd stance given that folk are happy to have a rapist around tho. 

funny old world tho 🤣

Edited by hopestreetpuddle

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's all fine and well to have a laugh at you boys when things are going to shit on the park but this is certainly one time I'll not be trying to go on a wind up about. Its great to see the vast majority here making their voices heard and messaging the club, the horrible cunt should have been chased out the game years ago. Keep it up. 

@cb_diamond, trying to make light of a situation like this is fucking disgusting. Have a word, you rocket. 

All these greenies. Thanks ever so much for your faux sentiments regarding our Goodwillie saga. Perhaps though, on your personal profile, you could be a good fella and take down the background photo of your hero, Mike Tyson. Convicted rapist. Ya fuckin' utter melt! 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

35 minutes ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

So… temper temper ….. 

I asked question as I’m not in the know as much as you very clearly are 

So who did he threaten? 

Were  the police called , if not then  why not ? As surely being charged by the police would be easiest way to then be rid of such a person ? 
Which board member (I’m assuming old board member? ) did he threaten to assault ?

why do you assume I’m happy for him to be there , I asked for facts so I. Can make up my mind accordingly 

Has this matter been addressed by the current board as it’s quite serious to have someone threatening people still involved ? Have the FSS been engaged  which is easiest way to see traction surely 

Edit : Bit of a odd stance given that folk are happy to have a rapist around tho. 

funny old world tho 🤣

You're new here, aren't you?!

15 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Hearts for life scheme is actually £20 a month I think, which makes the 9k members even more impressive. It’s totally transformed that club and built a brand new multi purpose state of the art stand as well, I’d like to think in the long term we could achieve something similar relatively but reading some of the comments on here I’m not sure if our support can see the potential, understand the separate identity of the FSS or even have the will/appetite for it to work. 

I don’t know anything about Hearts for Life. I only know about Foundation of Hearts…..the big organisation. Membership has slipped from a peak of 9000 to 8000, and because many put in more than the base £10 a month, they are averaging £125k a month. If it were £20 minimum, then they would be putting in at least £160k a month. £10 is still their base number.

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I may be in the minority but I like the Falkirk Stadium. It has its cons but I’m always impressed by the grandeur of the Main stand anytime I’m driving by or walking to the ground pre-match. 

I understand the arguments for something smaller but I’ve worked at St.Mirrens stadium several times and it’s not for me. The atmosphere is just as poor and there is no good vantage point for the match. 

We’ll forever get slagged for having 3 stands but we’re not the only club to have that and some of those that slag us have an empty stand most weeks. Would be great to have something there in the future but as mentioned there isn’t really the requirement for extra seats. 

I concur. I think if the stadium ever does get finished we'll be pleased we went for a major main stand as opposed to the St mirror, livvi type stadiums. it's an imposing stand and intimidating for most opposition. 

my only minor gripe with the main stand is that it isn't as well protected at the sides as the south stand. the wind and rain whistle in. it wouldn't cost much at some point to put those clear plastic panels down the side the south stand has. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd like to see the stadium finished but there's definitely no need for further seats. That being the case it would have to be a separate building with perhaps a small area for safe standing running along the base. A training facility for Ineos (I think) was spoken about at one point but perhaps offices or a hotel or whatever could be considered?

The easy bit of course would be raising the cash to fund it!

There was plans in the original proposal in time to build a Hotel opposite the main stand fronted by a 20 odd deep stand.

But got dumped due to a 'Blast Zone' anybody know if that restriction is still in place ? Council knew all about this possibility but kept it secret until FFC signed up to being leaseholders 

3 hours ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

Yeh but what specifically does he do within those e.g. Falkirk tv or concerts ? 
What impact does his involvement with these have on the club or running of the club? 
Is he paid employee or volunteer ?

If he isn’t involved in the concerts or  “hanging about”  who will be in/ or hang about in his  place?

need facts not just rumours 

So many sweeping statements made about people whether that be about people who post on here, to people at the club , hangers on without anyone willing to actually talk facts and give clear information so the honest not ITK fans like myself can make our minds up for ourselves and put pressure on the right folks to change it 

Ok. Non rumour stuff. He along with Board member Ronnie Bateman are the Directors of the Events Company. Does that grant him access to the Boardroom? I don’t know. He seems to still appear as co-commentator on FTV. He is also listed as Disability Access Officer. So that’s three “roles” that get him into the Club in one way or another.

The only “rumour” of which I am aware is that he still involves himself (or tries to involve himself) in the Club’s accounts, and many believe he was the source of the “£800k” hole fake story that was leaked to the media in an attempt to undermine the Patron’s interest in the club. True or not, again, I do not know.

He was also a cheerleader for Mark Campbell.

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Thats one of the misgivings about Rennie - I don't doubt his credentials and ability but he's used to cultures where dedication, deference, infrastructure and mindset are totally different.

In the US/Asia, foreign coaches are valued whereas in the UK the perception is possibly inverted.

Case of waiting to see how he does. Hope it works out for him as he speaks well and get the impression it would be a case of 'My way or on your way' also looks like Miller does not take any shit either.

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Thats one of the misgivings about Rennie - I don't doubt his credentials and ability but he's used to cultures where dedication, deference, infrastructure and mindset are totally different.

In the US/Asia, foreign coaches are valued whereas in the UK the perception is possibly inverted.

It’s a bit of a stretch to label someone born in Scotland to Scottish parents and who then attended Ladeside Primary and Larbert High School as being “foreign”. Sure, much if not all of his experience has been amassed overseas, but while in a different industry, the majority of my work experience was overseas too, but I was never considered to be “foreign” when involved in work back in the U.K.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ok. Non rumour stuff. He along with Board member Ronnie Bateman are the Directors of the Events Company. Does that grant him access to the Boardroom? I don’t know. He seems to still appear as co-commentator on FTV. He is also listed as Disability Access Officer. So that’s three “roles” that get him into the Club in one way or another.

The only “rumour” of which I am aware is that he still involves himself (or tries to involve himself) in the Club’s accounts, and many believe he was the source of the “£800k” hole fake story that was leaked to the media in an attempt to undermine the Patron’s interest in the club. True or not, again, I do not know.

He was also a cheerleader for Mark Campbell.

Thankyou finally a bit more clarity 

I wouldn’t have thought due to confidentiality he would be party to any board meetings surely , unless required to give an update on say the concerts ,  or if he is indeed doing the accounts providing some kind of update ? 
Easy to remove him from the accounts side of thing If it was that big an issue 

He would be bound  by confidentiality requirements.(which was clearly an issue with the last lot)again easy fixed , have him to deliver his piece the he is politely asked to leave lol  

Not really sure that from what is  being said he has any influence or power 

Unless more comes out looks like only thing he is involved with is making money for the club with v little power 

When are the concerts rearranged for ? We may very well need that money 

1 hour ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

All these greenies. Thanks ever so much for your faux sentiments regarding our Goodwillie saga. Perhaps though, on your personal profile, you could be a good fella and take down the background photo of your hero, Mike Tyson. Convicted rapist. Ya fuckin' utter melt! 

This is what he always does on these boards, trawls about looking for some controversy to flounce into. Hes desperately attention seeking and has very strong VL energy.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s a bit of a stretch to label someone born in Scotland to Scottish parents and who then attended Ladeside Primary and Larbert High School as being “foreign”. Sure, much if not all of his experience has been amassed overseas, but while in a different industry, the majority of my work experience was overseas too, but I was never considered to be “foreign” when involved in work back in the U.K.

Not sure that’s what the poster meant . 

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I concur. I think if the stadium ever does get finished we'll be pleased we went for a major main stand as opposed to the St mirror, livvi type stadiums. it's an imposing stand and intimidating for most opposition. 

To be fair it is quite intimidating for your own players,  Airdrie find it easy enough to ride you , when we play you..

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

my only minor gripe with the main stand is that it isn't as well protected at the sides as the south stand. the wind and rain whistle in. it wouldn't cost much at some point to put those clear plastic panels down the side the south stand has. 

4 minutes ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

Thankyou finally a bit more clarity 

I wouldn’t have thought due to confidentiality he would be party to any board meetings surely , unless required to give an update on say the concerts ,  or if he is indeed doing the accounts providing some kind of update ? 
Easy to remove him from the accounts side of thing If it was that big an issue 

He would be bound  by confidentiality requirements.(which was clearly an issue with the last lot)again easy fixed , have him to deliver his piece the he is politely asked to leave lol  

Not really sure that from what is  being said he has any influence or power 

Unless more comes out looks like only thing he is involved with is making money for the club with v little power 

When are the concerts rearranged for ? We may very well need that money 

The guy leaked confidential information and threatened to assault a fellow board member who then resigned through this. AT was then forced to resign from the bod . He shouldn't be anywhere near the club after that sort of behaviour .  What sort of organisation people who have acted like that to hang about . I'm sure the new guys on the bod will be working to get shot of him but it may take some time unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of course I'm not labelling him as foreign!

I'll err that it was poorly worded but what I meant was European/British coaches are lauded in these regions to an extent because of the football culture we have.

Turning it around we are then dismissive of coaches coming the opposite way because of "it's only US soccer" type attitudes.

Hope that's clearer @Duncan Freemason

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The wages would be a problem but I think we have and do pay for accommodation sometimes- like Akeel Francis last year.

Tbh the wages below MLS level in the US are not particularly high for most players, so may be affordable if we were in the championship. I haven’t a clue what the situation is in South Korea

I think the work permit would be the biggest issue.

The 2021 MLS base salary is $63,547, roughly £47k, or a bit over £900/week. The $30-50k range is where most players you would be looking at fall, or in the ~£470-750 week range. The costs and effort involved in moving internationally would be a huge disincentive as well as the work permit issue, so your best bet would be expats or first generation types who have experience living in the UK. In the end, it’s likely to be a coal to Newcastle type situation…you time it perfectly you can do nicely, but finding an “undiscovered” gem is highly unlikely.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guy leaked confidential information and threatened to assault a fellow board member who then resigned through this. AT was then forced to resign from the bod . He shouldn't be anywhere near the club after that sort of behaviour .  What sort of organisation people who have acted like that to hang about . I'm sure the new guys on the bod will be working to get shot of him but it may take some time unfortunately.

Who resigned …..

Surely if the behaviour is that bad , its relatively simple to restrict his access etc and involvement to the bare minimum……

Who else is involved in the concerts is he needed in terms of logistics and organisation ? 

Where's these signings at? Given we'll most likely persist with the 3-4-1-2 we need a right sided centre back, a right wing back for when Williamson's out(98% of the time) a centre midfielder to play in the middle of the park with Telfer, a striker and possibly another number 10 to given us options off the bench. 

Right sided centre back - Lewis Neilson? Although he started for Dundee United in their last game.
Right wing back - Adam Devine? Rangers u21 player who likes to get forward.
Centre midfielder - Not got a scooby but someone with a bit of dig and energy so Telfer can be allowed to go change games further forward.
Number 10 - Kai Kennedy? Just been recalled from his loan at the Scum for not playing enough.
Striker - Jamie Gullan? Never really seen much action at Hibs and given they are apparently due to sign the Norweigan striker surely be looking to offload him.

Number 10 - Kai Kennedy? Just been recalled from his loan at the Scum for not playing enough.

Kennedy is a 100% luxury player. You'll get 1 good game in about 20 from him. Almost every week you'll get press articles talking about how highly rated he is and how he has the ability to change matches with his mercurial talent but you'll barely see it. He might do a Barry McKay and kick on in the first team but I'd be amazed if he did.