The Falkirk FC Thread

Enough saying no in this poll to scupper any kind of deal imo

1863587591_ScreenShot2022-01-06at10_21_08.png.521f4baaf06ca805ef58956d8269ae3d.png

Multiply that over our core 3.5-4k home support and it's a significant wedge of opposition.

I really don't know why the new board would want to shoot themselves in the foot before they've even got properly started. Paying a transfer fee for a player that will be 33 in March would make the whole thing even more mental.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Guest TedCrilly

Even on footballing terms we should be investing our money into young promising players. The likes of Liam Brown who went to QP or Ethan Ross to Raith Rovers. Gullan for example is about to be transferred from Hibs, why not give him a massive contract to show ambition. With all of the chat of Rennie and Miller’s range of contacts we’re looking 5 miles up the road at a 32/33 year old striker with horrendous baggage.

Edited by TedCrilly

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Enough saying no in this poll to scupper any kind of deal imo

1863587591_ScreenShot2022-01-06at10_21_08.png.521f4baaf06ca805ef58956d8269ae3d.png

Multiply that over our core 3.5-4k home support and it's a significant wedge of opposition.

I really don't know why the new board would want to shoot themselves in the foot before they've even got properly started 

If that’s from the Facebook page then I think it was posted by the same clown who tried to excuse Goodwillie’s behaviour by describing the events as a lads night out and the lassie was totally drunk anyway.

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Even on footballing terms we should be investing our money into young promising players. The likes of Liam Brown who went to QP or Ethan Ross and Raith Rovers. Gullan for example is about to be transferred from Hibs, why not give him a massive contract to show ambition. With all of the chat of Rennie and Millers range of contacts we’re looking 5 miles up the road at a 32/33 year old striker with horrendous baggage.

Gullan's out of contract in the summer and Hibs have just signed another striker which most likely makes him 5th choice. Obviously there will be a fair bit of interest in him as Killie were rumoured to be interested in the summer but you never know. Jakubiak's basically out of the question now given Cumdog and the thumb are rumoured to be leaving. Although he's also out of contract in the summer.

I think the whole Goodwille thing shows why we need a really good scouting system. Most of our fans watch us, sometimes will be impressed by an opponent, most fans will also watch games from the top leagues in Scotland, England, italy etc on sky/bt etc. So fans don't really see/know the options we could be looking at, resulting in the Goodwille debate every transfer window.

Purely my opinion but I do think it'd be a bad move for the new board going forward and isn't worth dividing the fans over this. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lafferty at 2k a week or even 3k a week gives you an end total of 12k/18k for the rest of the season. As opposed to Goodwillie who's going to cost 50k possibly along with his 1.5k wage, a hell of a lot of bad press and a lot of fans leaving.

Lafferty however we'd have to compete to sign so it all depends on how pally Miller really is with him. Rennie did talk about wanting more of a presence in the box and Lafferty would certainly provide that. Obviously may still be looking for more than 3k as I have no idea roughly what he was on at Killie.

Is your arithmetic way off or am I missing something obvious?

2 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Hearing the statement is more hinting at going a hybrid of FT and PT if we are still in league 1, not the signing on DGW…

If that’s the case I’m not sure many fans would be upset. If PT saves a wedge of cash and we can also pick up a couple of the better PT players from this league and below it would be a no brainer.

Really hope you’re right.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m pretty certain now that he is being considered and if we don’t sign him then it will be because of the ‘hysteria’ on here. 

Aye pie and bovril is that influential 😂🤦‍♂️