The Falkirk FC Thread

Got my Leeds tickets this afternoon and decided to book the cheap hospitality deal. Sounds like there should be a fairly healthy Leeds support coming up, so should make for a decent atmosphere.

The Leeds Falkirk branch are not running a bus to Motherwell on Saturday but are on Wednesday.... :blink:

Following a rumour on One f last week i think it was about Scott Severin joining on loan, seen him in my work tonight in Falkirk.

So hopefully could come true.

Really? Why?

Our priority should be first getting a 'keeper signed up, then a few strikers and only after they issues are resolved should be look at improving the rest of the squad. Even so we really don't need a player like Severin. A few years ago when we was a cracking midfielder he would of course strolled into our team but as a centre-back he's nowhere near as effective and considering we already have Dods, Scobbie, Wallace and possibly that c**t from Bolton we definitely don't need another centre-back.

Besides there's not a chance we'd be in a position to pay much at all towards his wage, I'd be extremely surprised if he's not on more money than any of our current players.

Really? Why?

Our priority should be first getting a 'keeper signed up, then a few strikers and only after they issues are resolved should be look at improving the rest of the squad. Even so we really don't need a player like Severin. A few years ago when we was a cracking midfielder he would of course strolled into our team but as a centre-back he's nowhere near as effective and considering we already have Dods, Scobbie, Wallace and possibly that c**t from Bolton we definitely don't need another centre-back.

Besides there's not a chance we'd be in a position to pay much at all towards his wage, I'd be extremely surprised if he's not on more money than any of our current players.

I would like to see us sing 5 more players if we get the reported 150k figure for Flynn.

Tam McManus

Michael McGovern

French Trialist

Another striker

Midfielder.

I would like to see us sing 5 more players if we get the reported 150k figure for Flynn.

Tam McManus

Michael McGovern

French Trialist

Another striker

Midfielder.

I'd be extremely surprised if we get as much as that for Flynn.

Even if we did I doubt we'd be bringing that many players. I'd imagine 3 would be our limit unless we're able to get a few very cheap loan signings in.

Got my Leeds tickets this afternoon and decided to book the cheap hospitality deal. Sounds like there should be a fairly healthy Leeds support coming up, so should make for a decent atmosphere.

Is it ticket-only tonight or can we pay at the gate?

The Metro report £150K with a percentage of any future transfer fee. It's up to Flynn now. If he goes I can see us signing the keeper and McManus and the French boy if he's still hanging around. The fact he is suggests to me he's been promised a deal if we find the money.

It also has an article on Dundee Utd in Europe. Thhe player put forward by the club to talk to the press was Severin. They are not going to do that if they are looking to get him out on loan. Also, he's far too young for us to consider yet ;)

£150k would be a cracking bit of business. I wasn't expecting much more than £50k. I'd be gutted to see him go, but £150k would do wonders for us right now. Could be worth 3/4 players.

So the >£1K/week club is reduced to either 1 or 2? Depending on Compton's wages. Good news...

I think Scobbie would be the only one who's on £1k+ left at the club. I can't see Compton being on money like that. Maybe Dods though?

I think Scobbie would be the only one who's on £1k+ left at the club. I can't see Compton being on money like that. Maybe Dods though?

Surely even Pressley isn't stupid enough to offer megabucks to Dods whilst making it known that we can't afford a packet of sweeties.

I heard from some people who attended the "meet the manager" night last season that Pressley had set a wage limit of £500 p/w on his signings that season, it can only be the same or lower this season, surely?

Compton extended his contract some time in the winter, so I'd imagine he's around the £500 p/w mark.

£150k for Flynn is a cracking deal for us, he'll obviously be missed but that sort of money is worth a good few players to us.

Hopefully as well as McManus, McGovern and the French striker we're able to bring in another wide midfielder to sort of replace Flynn because we're looking a little light there now.

150k plus add-ons is a cracking deal for us and hopefully a good move for Flynn.

Anyone going tonight? Looking forward to seeing some of the younger players up against good players and hopefully Leeds bring a decent crowd up and we can get some £££££

Timed that fishing expedition poorly, didnt I ?

Ok, by way of apology, I'll tell you that Compton is going on trial to Bradford, he wont play for you again, and McGoverns all but done deal. Theres a defender up from , I think Rochdale, too. Matt something.

Flynns moneys, or some of it, is going towards McGovern, McManus and Winters.