The Falkirk FC Thread

I remember the same thing when Motherwell signed Chris Porter.

The club they got him from said they'd had a 300K bid for him from a fellow English club, but got sod all from Motherwell because he was moving to Scotland instead.

There's a one year discrepancy on the age up to which you can "retain" players domestically and internationally. Clubs can't retain a registration by matching existing contracts within Scotland after a player turns 24 but he can move free of charge internationally (including England, Wales, etc) once he turns 23.

I'm not even sure this is their fault, for once.

Wasn't Stewart out of contract?

He was out of contract but had been offered a new one. The question will be whether the new one was done correctly and fulfilled the necessary criteria to count for retention purposes. If it didn't he'll be free to go with no compensation. I'm sure Dundee screwed up a few years ago and failed to give someone the correct notice of a retention contract offer and lost the player for free as a result. Khizanishvili perhaps? :unsure:

Edited by Skyline Drifter

He was out of contract but had been offered a new one. The question will be whether the new one was done correctly and fulfilled the necessary criteria to count for retention purposes. If it didn't he'll be free to go with no compensation. I'm sure Dundee screwed up a few years ago and failed to give someone the correct notice of a retention contract offer and lost the player for free as a result. Khizanishvili perhaps? :unsure:

Ah, possibly. Wouldn't surprise me if our idiots did f**k it up.

I remember the same thing when Motherwell signed Chris Porter.

The club they got him from said they'd had a 300K bid for him from a fellow English club, but got sod all from Motherwell because he was moving to Scotland instead.

Agree here - same thing happened when Hibs signed Clayton Donaldson from Crewe. They had turned down a substantial bid in the January and then lost him for nothing at the end of the season due to the cross border move. At the end of the day, Stewart should have been offered a longer contract earlier than 6 months before his current one expired.

...and it'll cost us more in abortive legal costs to chase this unsuccessfully than the compensation fee we'd get in any case. How many more examples of the total incompetence of our BOD can there still be?? You couldn't make this stuff up.

or could it be that Bradford are at it as like every other club in the country they will know that Falkirk cant afford to challenge anything?

or could it be that Bradford are at it as like every other club in the country they will know that Falkirk cant afford to challenge anything?

They don't need to. If they have done the paperwork correctly the SFA will do it for them through the FA. There's unlikely to be any club specific legal action involved.

A few guys on one f are

Reported on OneF that the Peterhead game is £12 to get into, not sure what the Inverurie price is?

Bit steep for a friendly. They need to take a leaf out of Alloa's book .

Pressley will be looking for his summer signings to do well.
:o :o Edited by offshorebairn

Do they still do the pie and beans hospitality at Falkirk?

Doubtful, can't have been too many takers last season. No-one who attends Falkirk matches that I know of has an arse lined with diamonds anyway.

Falkirk v Inverurie Locos tonight, anybody know of anybody heading up?

I'm not but I'd imagine it'll be a good trip. Couple of nights out in Aberdeen and a couple of Falkirk games sounds like a decent weekend away to me.

I'd imagine we'll be playing mainly youths, and the majority of first team players will be playing tomorrow instead. No point risking injury against this side.