The Falkirk FC Thread

Didn't recognise too many of the players as it was mainly the youth team. Dods played the first half, Flynn played the full game and Higinbotham and Compton came on during the second half.

First half was pretty forgettable but Winters hit the bar in the opening few mintues then scored from a decent through ball. We then gave away an equaliser with some slopppy play soon after.

Second half we played some decent stuff and created a few good chances. We hit the woodwork twice but our finishing could have been a lot better.

Flynn was playing centre mid for the second half and strolled through the game. We looked a lot sharper with Compton on the left.

No sign of these two French trialists or McManus. And I didn't even realise Pressley was there until he went for a prowl down the touchline just after half time!

Edited by lanky_ffc

A Dods/Scobbie combo at the back will be laughably slow.

It's really disappointing we can't get shot of Scobbie it seems. That 5 year contract will be a millstone round the neck for a while to come.

A Dods/Scobbie combo at the back will be laughably slow.

It's really disappointing we can't get shot of Scobbie it seems. That 5 year contract will be a millstone round the neck for a while to come.

What year was it he signed that? I can't remeber if it was Yogi or May that done that deal.

What year was it he signed that? I can't remeber if it was Yogi or May that done that deal.

It was a late gift by Hughes. I checked it out online the other day and believe he signed it the week before the cup semi final against Dunfermline... so probably 3 more years left of it. Assuming hes on the salary I'd heard, could add 3/4 players to the budget if some mug took Scobbie off our paws.

And some of them might be able to outrun an arthritic sloth. To think there were fans touting a Scobbie 6 figure sale too :lol:

I'm sure we'll be fine this season. On the FB page we are being told "alot can be done in 2 wks", "steven knows wot he s doing" and " he s got gr8 support in bullen smith even stevie fulton an brian rice been helping out". That's me convinced anyway.

It was a late gift by Hughes. I checked it out online the other day and believe he signed it the week before the cup semi final against Dunfermline... so probably 3 more years left of it. Assuming hes on the salary I'd heard, could add 3/4 players to the budget if some mug took Scobbie off our paws.

And some of them might be able to outrun an arthritic sloth. To think there were fans touting a Scobbie 6 figure sale too :lol:

So we are looking at april 2009-2014 :unsure: Thank you Yogi.

I'm sure we'll be fine this season. On the FB page we are being told "alot can be done in 2 wks", "steven knows wot he s doing" and " he s got gr8 support in bullen smith even stevie fulton an brian rice been helping out". That's me convinced anyway.

The FB page is full of roasters. That women in particular.

I fear so. Says "on 22 Feb 2009 Tam Scobbie signed a 5 year contract extension with the club..."

I hope to f**k that's just an extension to a 5 year contract, and not 5 years on top of what he already had.