The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd expect us to sign at least one more forward surely as Gary Oliver and Jaime Wilson as our frontline  partnership ain't going to pull up any trees for us.  Loads of time yet. We still badly need to solve our lack of legs in the middle of the park conundrum. Stephen mcginn good player but at 33 is going to need someone to do the running.

Edited by Jackie Myles

2 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'd expect us to sign at least one more forward surely as Gary Oliver and Jaime Wilson as our frontline  partnership ain't going to pull up any trees for us.  Loads of time yet. We still badly need to solve our lack of legs in the middle of the park conundrum. Stephen mcginn good player but at 33 is going to need someone to do the running.

I would almost prefer to see Wilson playing right back in place of the shite house imposter Williamson.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder if McCann would be worth trying on the left of the midfield. His height got him caught out a lot defensively but he could be worth a punt further forward.

I would think on the left side of a Stranraer midfield for me. He looks toast to me 

Edited by Back Post Misses

I think I'm in a minority in both of these views but

McGuffie isn't a world beater but he created a few goals last year and would be a passable starter if we're struggling to shift bodies going out the door. I'd rather have him as an option of the bench but would be fine with him wide in a midfield 4 or 5 if need be.

Morrison to me is 10x more effective playing as a central striker where he can get his head down and drive right at defenders. He presses well from the front and is a total pest against some of the bigger slower centre backs we come up against. I'd be fine with him as a starter up top with a partner in a 4-4-2.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I think we may see McCann tested out on the left side of midfield. 

I think it signals towards Mcglynn not fancying him. Mccann will be on a decent contract especially seen as we gave him a 3 year deal, us now signing another left back looks to me as if he's off. Cue him joining a championship club and having a blinder of a season.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think I'm in a minority in both of these views but

McGuffie isn't a world beater but he created a few goals last year and would be a passable starter if we're struggling to shift bodies going out the door. I'd rather have him as an option of the bench but would be fine with him wide in a midfield 4 or 5 if need be.

Morrison to me is 10x more effective playing as a central striker where he can get his head down and drive right at defenders. He presses well from the front and is a total pest against some of the bigger slower centre backs we come up against. I'd be fine with him as a starter up top with a partner in a 4-4-2.

I agree mcguffie would be fine as a squad player.

Not impressed with any of our signings - have we learned nothing - If you cannot get decent players at least sign big strong athletes. 

Gary Oliver, no idea who he is, but a striker who hasn't scored more than 10 in a season - He'll be 27  at the start of the season - he's just managed that amount of career goals!

McGinn is a risk, hunners of clubs, lots of mutual consents, had a bad injury in the past - could be well past it.

Mackie = crock

<Season ticket money stays in back pocket>

2 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Not impressed with any of our signings - have we learned nothing - If you cannot get decent players at least sign big strong athletes. 

Gary Oliver, no idea who he is, but a striker who hasn't scored more than 10 in a season - He'll be 27  at the start of the season - he's just managed that amount of career goals!

McGinn is a risk, hunners of clubs, lots of mutual consents, had a bad injury in the past - could be well past it.

Mackie = crock

You're kidding eh?

I can use understand reservations about Oliver and Mackie but not about McGinn. 

Let’s be honest here, we are about to go into our 4th season as a League one club, we don’t have loads of money and are still suffering from Holts signing debacle. We aren’t going to sign many players, if any that make us fans go wow.

What we have done in our favour however is put a decent management team in place. We just have to hope that McGlynn and Smith can get more out of the type of players that circulate between clubs at this level.

18 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Mackie = crock

Give yourself a shake

24 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Mackie = crock

Your ability to be an utterly miserable b*****d never ceases to amaze me 

PJ Morrison, Henderson and McGinn are excellent signings at this level. Remember McGinn's just went and won the league with Killie whilst having to also carry Blair Alston on his shoulders every game.

Donaldson, Mackie and Oliver will be more than acceptable at this level none of them are exciting signings on their own but players McGlynn knows well and obviously trusts.

I doubt McGlynn will get many more permanent signings so hopefully they are the right players as we need a lot more energy in the team now. Savoury would do nicely.

Quality at this level more often than not tends to come from loans, so hopefully McGlynn can come up trumps with them nearer the start of the season.