The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Rugster said:

They weren't chased away by the current board. I think they got the fright of their fucking lives with the sheer unprofessionalism of the previous board at the Q & A and thought "f**k this" tout de suite.

They are still holding their shares though.... Or did I miss that too?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They are still holding their shares though.... Or did I miss that too?

Indeed. Confirmed last night. They are taking no part in day to day goings on at the club however and instead checking in with the board monthly. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They weren't chased away by the current board. I think they got the fright of their fucking lives with the sheer unprofessionalism of the previous board at the Q & A and thought "f**k this" tout de suite.

The same board that the Rawlins said were the most professional board they had worked with?  They’re as much to blame for the mess we’re in. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The same board that the Rawlins were said were the most professional board they had worked with?  They’re as much to blame for the mess we’re in. 

Indeed. I found that an incredible quote.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The Q&A was undoubtedly the straw that broke the camel's back.  Can't blame them for walking away to be honest.  £350k invested without as much as a thank you from what I can recall.

If I had their bank balance I'd be off laying on a beach somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’re becoming even more childish.

I don't know what's childish about pointing out the toryness in wanting more of a say than someone else simply because you can afford to give more money to the same cause but carry on.

Edited by FFC 1876

I joined the FSS when it first started and I’ve recently upped my monthly contribution but I see it as a donation to the club, I know I am lucky in the current financial climate to be able to do this. I don’t honestly care about voting rights/owning shares etc but that’s just me and each to their own. I see this more as a monthly donation than anything else.
Absolutely correct Harry. Me too
But dont like the idea that the bigger you pay the more you can say. That sinks of the usual capitalist mantra

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't know what's childish about pointing out the toryness in wanting more of a say than someone else simply because you can afford to give more money to the same cause but carry on.

Not appropriate to a football forum.

Looks like we’ll need some Tories to bail us out.

9 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Absolutely correct Harry. Me too
But dont like the idea that the bigger you pay the more you can say. That sinks of the usual capitalist mantra

Yeah, I totally agree. You give what you can and you get equal voting rights no matter the amount.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

The Q&A was undoubtedly the straw that broke the camel's back.  Can't blame them for walking away to be honest.  £350k invested without as much as a thank you from what I can recall.

If I had their bank balance I'd be off laying on a beach somewhere.

Not sure what thanks the Rawlins deserve. They were very much part of the last board and had a lot of influence which they got for little money. They’re not philanthropists who wanted to gift their money to us. They seen us as an investment and a way to make a good return although not sure their exact plan for that.

God knows where it would have led to with them but I’m far from convinced they were the saviours they were made to be at the time.

They did not get what the club was about at all and their style of management was flippant, to say the least. We weren’t the only ones to form that opinion with them and the last board. Happy to take their money but they squandered much more. 

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure what thanks the Rawlins deserve. They were very much part of the last board and had a lot of influence which they got for little money. They’re not philanthropists who wanted to gift their money to us. They seen us as an investment and a way to make a good return although not sure their exact plan for that.

God knows where it would have led to with them but I’m far from convinced they were the saviours they were made to be at the time.

They did not get what the club was about at all and their style of management was flippant, to say the least. We weren’t the only ones to form that opinion with them and the last board. Happy to take their money but they squandered much more. 

Alot of influence which they got for little money?  That's bonkers.  The Patrons bought far more influence in the club and paid £80k-90k less than the Rawlins for it.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Rawlins sat down with £350k in their pocket and thought the best way to make a return on it was to invest in a Scottish League One club?  I could think of a million better ways to make a profitable return and I'm skint!