The Falkirk FC Thread

Mate, second time today! You've used the wrong 'your'!

I must be getting boring as f*ck cause this made me laugh.

Anyway question, what would you rather have spl w*nk next season or the championship with the pars? Tbh as much as I want to qualify for the spl I wouldn't mind the old Derby games

I must be getting boring as f*ck cause this made me laugh.

Anyway question, what would you rather have spl w*nk next season or the championship with the pars? Tbh as much as I want to qualify for the spl I wouldn't mind the old Derby games

I've often said that I'd be happy to win this league then defend the title the year after. The top league is as boring as f**k with only the odd unexpected win to give fans of wee clubs a wee bit of excitement. 75% of matches just filled me with dread.

Look at St Mirren. What was it, 7 years or so of fighting relegation year on year with only one season where a top six finish was a possibility? I remember listening to the half time scores and, on most weeks, it was 'St Mirren 0' (that's not changed right enough).

OK, the likes of ICT and St Johnstone have shown that we can all aspire to better things but can you imagine being a Kilmarnock fan right now?

I've often said that I'd be happy to win this league then defend the title the year after. The top league is as boring as f**k with only the odd unexpected win to give fans of wee clubs a wee bit of excitement. 75% of matches just filled me with dread.

Look at St Mirren. What was it, 7 years or so of fighting relegation year on year with only one season where a top six finish was a possibility? I remember listening to the half time scores and, on most weeks, it was 'St Mirren 0' (that's not changed right enough).

OK, the likes of ICT and St Johnstone have shown that we can all aspire to better things but can you imagine being a Kilmarnock fan right now?

e

You're right I remember that last season we were up it was pretty depressing, but maybe under Houston we can push on like the highland teams? Given the choice of a relegation battle season and staying up or a season in the first sparring with the pars I'd take the latter but I guess we should be in the spl and gunning for top six based on crowd w*nk at least. Let's see what the second half of the season brings us.

A big thanks to all at the club for what's been dished up this year long may it continue and a happy new year to you all (including our new wee pet) when it comes!

I agree. I like the Championship with the joy of seeing a winning team most weeks. The 12 team top tier looks as boring as hell. Imagine getting excited beating St Johnstone because it puts us two points above the relegation zone

A happy new year to all Falkirk Bairns and Monkey Tennis our new wee pet

f**k that fitbaws a competetive sport . Should be trying to be the best we can be. Obviously im not suggesting we get madsivly into debt to chase the dream . Try to get up. Then stay up then build on that. As long as were always looking to improve whilst bringing thru young scottish players i can live with us not winning the premiership

I agree. I like the Championship with the joy of seeing a winning team most weeks. The 12 team top tier looks as boring as hell. Imagine getting excited beating St Johnstone because it puts us two points above the relegation zone

A happy new year to all Falkirk Bairns and Monkey Tennis our new wee pet

It's the sad thing about winning this league.

If we somehow pulled off the impossible and got up this season, the excitement of playing St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross C, Partick and Inverness would soon bring me back to earth.

About the only decent game up there is Hearts

A worrying number of complete imbeciles on the COYB Facebook page saying they'd take winning the Championship over winning the Scottish Cup.

A worrying number of complete imbeciles on the COYB Facebook page saying they'd take winning the Championship over winning the Scottish Cup.

I remember some online magazine thingy asking myself and another Falkirk fan to answer questions ahead of the 2009 Scottish Cup Final - one of the questions was whether we'd prefer a Cup win or to stay in the Premier League

... the other fella said he'd prefer to stay in the Premier!! Astounding!!

They have to. So do Hibs to an extent. You need to compete with Rangers. We don't really. That's what would make it sweeter if we fininshed above either. The seethe would be immense.

I don't think we need to throw money at it, we just need to freshen things up. Possibly a few players leaving that haven't been playing and a wide player or two coming in for when the narrow midfield isn't working.

We certainly won't be paying money for players like Rangers will. We'll be looking more at the loan market or released free transfers.

They have to. So do Hibs to an extent. You need to compete with Rangers. We don't really.

This is it.

We're comfortably the third-best team in the league. We will finish third by a country mile.

Loads of folk are saying we should go out and buy a few new players and spend good money chasing first. If we did that, chances are we'd still finish third. Over 36 games Hibs and Rangers are better than us. We have a chance in a one-off game, but they will more than likely finish above us.

Spending money to chase first or second would be a massive waste.