The Falkirk FC Thread

I know this is quite unrelated but I just thought I'd say it. I like Dumfries, good pubs, nice place, good football ground.

I went to Dumfries for a wedding in the woodland hotel, we were there well early on the Friday so decided to go out into Dumfries for lunch, couldn't get a single place open at about 1 pm on a Friday afternoon. We went round about 6 or 7 places everywhere didn't start serving till about 5 or 6. Ended up getting a chippy and eating it in the park. (I realise this should be in the general nonsense forum but it's just way this thread was going)

When was this?

1925?

Yeah that bit baffled me.For Falkirk to win this one by the usual ratio, their fans will need to be able to point to 12-14 town centre restaurants that refuse to serve food at lunchtime.

Honestly we went to about 6 or 7 places we got told to try, they looked nice but didn't serve food till 5. Even the Chinese and Indians were shut. The chippy was shite as well, sat in the dock park is it? On a park bench. I was with folk that come from Dumfries.

Honestly we went to about 6 or 7 places we got told to try, they looked nice but didn't serve food till 5. Even the Chinese and Indians were shut. The chippy was shite as well, sat in the dock park is it? On a park bench. I was with folk that come from Dumfries.

Did they not they suggest the Granary, or the Bruce, or the Urban Grill, or Cavens, or the Mississippi Grill..?

Did they not they suggest the Granary, or the Bruce, or the Urban Grill, or Cavens, or the Mississippi Grill..?

We definitely tried cavens, and Robert the Bruce, there was a couple of Italians, a couple of Indians, a couple of Chinese'.

There was one with like the same name twice Siena Siena or something. We were walking further along the river and got to a pizzeria next to a pool hall, that was shut.

We definitely tried cavens, and Robert the Bruce, there was a couple of Italians, a couple of Indians, a couple of Chinese'.

There was one with like the same name twice Siena Siena or something. We were walking further along the river and got to a pizzeria next to a pool hall, that was shut.

The Cavens definitely serves food at lunch on Fridays. It doesnt sell food on Mondays but is open for lunches every other day. As far as I know the Robert the Bruce sells lunches daily. It's a Wetherspoons, they do lunch!

I dont think any of the Italians in town do lunches. Pretty sure the Chinese do but I dont like Chinese or Indian so wouldnt know personally. The Pizzeria Il Fiume in Dock Park certainly doesnt do lunches though, you are right there.

As others said though there are several town centre pubs and hotels that do lunch, including two you named, plus the Pancake Place.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

One time I remember we found a pub up a vennel - maybe the Hole in th' Wa ? - place was jumping at 12:30, good pint, food was perfectly OK, and a bus load of Geordie girls in on a hen weekend.

All very tempting, and they were good fun, but eventually most of us left for the game, except one of our mates who stayed behind, by that time having pretty much swapped clothes with one of the girls (admittedly she wasn't wearing very much anyway). His was the better option as it turned out.

Mate, judging by your recollections, I don't think you had difficulty finding somewhere for a drink.

There is no pizzeria next to a pool hall.

There's one in a leafy park, about two hundred yards from Sands Snooker, which sits on a busy main road, across a big traffic lighty junction.

As for the Bruce not serving food, I'm afraid that's nonsense.

The funny thing is that we do actually have a game this weekend, yet still we pop in here to discuss this pish.