The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'll be fuming if he treats this like a friendly and the board should be too.

Agreed, chance to progress in a major tournament. Getting out of this group alone is also worth about 50k in prize money which last season allowed another couple of players to be signed after we progressed.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

8 players injured/unavailable for the first competitive match of the season is very, very worrying.

Some might just be knocks . At the end of the day it's the first league game that's important. Don't want to risk players before then if they aren't hundred percent fit.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d suggest Miller and McCann could be a good combination. Miller has played left back before so they could interchange and compliment each other going forward and defensively. Miller is also very fast.

I’m not convinced by Mackie or Yeats at full back. 

It’s McGlynn that picks the team though and he clearly see’s Mackie and Yeats as the best pairing tonight.

Agree that Mackie over McCann is not a call I like. I'm assuming Miller has just made the bench. Might not even have been there if others were fit.... For me, Mackie or McCann is the only call to be made in the "is that our best team from what's available" debate. So for me, there's absolutely no suggestion whatsoever that it's being treated like a friendly. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You aren't going to restrict yourself to 7 subs with the majority youngsters if you have options like Oliver, Allen and Nesbitt etc available surely.

Exactly, if for no other reason than to keep the opposition guessing. 

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agreed, chance to progress in a major tournament. Getting out of this group alone is also worth about 50k in prize money which last season slowed another couple of players to be signed. 

And I'm sure he realises that getting through could mean more players. Little chance therefore that he's pissing about giving players breaks.

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree that Mackie over McCann is not a call I like. I'm assuming Miller has just made the bench. Might not even have been there if others were fit.... For me, Mackie or McCann is the only call to be made in the "is that our best team from what's available" debate. So for me, there's absolutely no suggestion whatsoever that it's being treated like a friendly. 

Exactly, if for no other reason than to keep the opposition guessing. 

It’s not a team that fills me with confidence either.

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Anybody getting pictures on FTV? I am logged but nothing, nearly KO

Got pictures but as suspected having watched a game or two on Pars TV last season with it being the same company it’s as jerky as f**k. Almost unwatchable. I won’t be renewing on this showing. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We should still have enough to beat Spartans. No excuses tonight.

Again, I agree. And FWIW I can't think of ever seeing anything from McGlynn to doubt winning these sorts of games. Potential banana skins like Wick and Darvel were dealt with very efficiently last season. 

Eta, Spartans obviously better than those, but its a "expect to win it" game nonetheless

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Again, I agree. And FWIW I can't think of ever seeing anything from McGlynn to doubt winning these sorts of games. Potential banana skins like Wick and Darvel were dealt with very efficiently last season. 

Eta, Spartans obviously better than those, but its a "expect to win it" game nonetheless

Agreed - he negotiated those games with ease last season.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Got pictures but as suspected having watched a game or two on Pars TV last season with it being the same company it’s as jerky as f**k. Almost unwatchable. I won’t be renewing on this showing. 

Are you in the UK? I am overseas and getting f**k all pictures!

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

This stream is dreadful!

Very jerky, the team appear to be playing well but hard to tell with the awful coverage.

Loved the “Spartans Ultras “ comment though!

Mine isn’t too bad but the camera doesn’t seem to be able to zoom and they aren’t keeping up with play. Their patter is pish too 🤣

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Are you in the UK? I am overseas and getting f**k all pictures!

It’s not being broadcast in the uk on Falkirk TV so yes I am ahem abroad.