The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Might be time for my annual check of where that squad are now. Last I checked all but two of the right hand side had retired.

I did it a few weeks ago. The level Rees Greenwood is at was the highlight. 

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

Ruben Sammut

14 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Rees Greenwood 

14 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Devon Mitchell

13 hours ago, unused sub said:

John Perry

13 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Roman Wallner

13 hours ago, bigbairn76 said:

Hippolite new signing? Spotted in falkirk Town 

13 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sabatino De Massis

12 hours ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

Lewis Moore

12 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Rees Greenwood

12 hours ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

Abdul Osman 

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

Ewan Deveeney

11 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Reece Witherspoon 

11 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Mehdi Khalis

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Lost in France

10 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Vince Mennie 

9 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Stephen Bradley

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Stuart Corner

9 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Kevin McCann.

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Alex Bryce

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Amen Corner

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Eddie Seydak

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Keith Brown

9 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Albert Burnett

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dodger Haston

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hugh Hill.

8 hours ago, the optimist said:

Spud Murphy

38 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Toufik Zerara 

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE.....

On 06/08/2023 at 08:18, Bairnardo said:

McIver has a big lad knack iv seem over the years from others, examples fail me atm, where he seems to judge the flight of a ball early and take about 3 or 4 steps in the build up to going up for it, and then seems to hang in the air. It's so weird to watch but highly effective. Tends to be the kind of striker that wins fouls rather than constantly give them away as he doesnt rely on wrestling to win his duels and it becomes obvious to defenders that fouling him is the only way to stop what he does. 

Lee Miller was like that. 

Just saw this update from the FSS in my e-mails :-

"Following the payment of the money from the Fan Bank loan to FSS, this money was passed to the club to purchase 875,000 shares. These shares, when added to those previously purchased by/donated to FSS, takes us to a current total of 1,279,000. The total number of shares issued by the Company (Falkirk Football Club) are 5,197,575, so FSS is the largest shareholder at 24.6% of the total shareholding.

The FSS committee has unanimously agreed that we require to reach 25% plus one share. This (25%+1) is important because it is the number of shares required to veto any special resolutions - thus providing FSS (and the wider fanbase) with the 'safeguard' associated with our message. That means FSS needs to obtain a further 37,184 shares to reach the figure of 25% plus one share.

Falkirk Football Club Board of Directors have informed us that there are no more shares available to us (the club has elected to retain approximately 1% of total shares for other potential investors), but they are understanding of our aim of reaching over 25%. As a result, FSS needs to find a different mechanism to buy or obtain the additional 37,184 shares. For example, recently 2000 shares were anonymously donated by a Bairn to FSS."

I thought the whole premise of fan ownership was to provide the fans with a veto to any unwanted predator trying to buy into the club. Is that not the whole concept of the FSS (and the Patrons Group)? 

Can anyone enlighten me with the logic why the club don't want the fans to have the 25% +1 shareholding and that "safeguard" ?

If the fans cannot buy the club, then what is the purpose of the FSS and Patrons Group? What is the point in the Govt spending £300k if not for fan ownership?

I am a little perplexed by this

8 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

"Following the payment of the money from the Fan Bank loan to FSS, this money was passed to the club to purchase 875,000 shares. These shares, when added to those previously purchased by/donated to FSS, takes us to a current total of 1,279,000. The total number of shares issued by the Company (Falkirk Football Club) are 5,197,575, so FSS is the largest shareholder at 24.6% of the total shareholding.

The FSS committee has unanimously agreed that we require to reach 25% plus one share. This (25%+1) is important because it is the number of shares required to veto any special resolutions - thus providing FSS (and the wider fanbase) with the 'safeguard' associated with our message. That means FSS needs to obtain a further 37,184 shares to reach the figure of 25% plus one share.

Falkirk Football Club Board of Directors have informed us that there are no more shares available to us (the club has elected to retain approximately 1% of total shares for other potential investors), but they are understanding of our aim of reaching over 25%. As a result, FSS needs to find a different mechanism to buy or obtain the additional 37,184 shares. For example, recently 2000 shares were anonymously donated by a Bairn to FSS."

I thought the whole premise of fan ownership was to provide the fans with a veto to any unwanted predator trying to buy into the club. Is that not the whole concept of the FSS (and the Patrons Group)? 

Can anyone enlighten me with the logic why the club don't want the fans to have the 25% +1 shareholding and that "safeguard" ?

If the fans cannot buy the club, then what is the purpose of the FSS and Patrons Group? What is the point in the Govt spending £300k if not for fan ownership?

Sends a few alarm bells ringing, but that's maybe just me. 

5 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Sends a few alarm bells ringing, but that's maybe just me. 

Just wondering is this is one of the reasons why the FSS director quit recently ? .....and what does the other FSS director think of this situation whereby the FSS cannot buy any more shares in the club.  

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I read it as that for the remaining shares available, the club want new money in for them rather than FSS money that they will get anyway? Unless I’ve read it wrongly. 

Value of the unissued shares is roughly £15k yes? 

The concept of fan ownership (and the reason I joined the FSS) was always to have that "veto" and prevent a takeover by some numpty.

In the great scheme of things £15k isn't a huge amount of cash, although in our case it is always welcome.

My reading of this is that the BoD do not want the FSS to get the requisite shareholding. Not a cash thing.  Politics at play here !

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Should be pretty straight forward to get the final 37000 required -  I would be contacting all minor historic shareholders and asking them to transfer their shares to under the FSS umbrella, I for one would do that without hesitation.

Edited by falkirkzombie