The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

... us having control of the means of production is the only way forward.

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

Quote of the weekend.

Ah, but if the Proletariat do become the owners of the club does that then turn the said Proletariat into defacto Bourgeoisie?

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Ah, but if the Proletariat do become the owners of the club does that then turn the said Proletariat into defacto Bourgeoisie?

Not if the club board is a group of elected representatives and supporters vote in key issues 

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Millers broken toe is a far bigger issue 

Nesbitt when comes on for miller has been just as good as miller (miller probably just a bit better) and I would have no complaints with nesbitt starting if he is truly injured or miller is fit but not 100% fit and you can replace him with a young boy when the subs happen if we are winning by a decent margin or Allan if it’s a draw or we are losing (we shouldn’t be)

5 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Nesbitt when comes on for miller has been just as good as miller (miller probably just a bit better) and I would have no complaints with nesbitt starting if he is truly injured or miller is fit but not 100% fit and you can replace him with a young boy when the subs happen if we are winning by a decent margin or Allan if it’s a draw or we are losing (we shouldn’t be)

Miller has been far superior to Nesbitt imo, especially in the last couple of games playing on the left hand side. With Morrison on the right playing in his natural position we’ve been far more threatening which is reflected in the goals we’ve scored. Nesbitt is a decent player but I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near as effective as Miller.

5 minutes ago, Juan Sheet said:

Miller has been far superior to Nesbitt imo, especially in the last couple of games playing on the left hand side. With Morrison on the right playing in his natural position we’ve been far more threatening which is reflected in the goals we’ve scored. Nesbitt is a decent player but I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near as effective as Miller.

It’s the dilemma of we need the 2 wingers is seems to be effective but the only real replacement for miller is nesbitt as Alfie ageyman is much better playing across the front 3/4 with no real position and if Allan is the replacement for miller then 2 up front hasn’t really worked in the games we have played with 2 up front unless we are losing/drawing and that pushes ageyman out wide which I’m not convinced with and nesbitt doesn’t need to be as effective he just needs keep up the performances he has had when he has been on as he has shown he is worth the contract extension now imo

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Agree with post. Miller is giving us a balance and fluency we’ve not displayed for seasons. He’s got a brilliant touch and turn, which gives freedom across middle to front. Nesbit tends to go square. Defo big miss if he’s out injured.

Agree- got to be Lawal replacing Miller for me

In my opinion, Miller is a far superior footballer to Nesbitt. He has loads of skill, reads the game well, vision for a neat pass and gets stuck in.

No competition ! 

If he is out, it will be a huge loss to us as I think he has been instrumental in our good form. 

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

In my opinion, Miller is a far superior footballer to Nesbitt. He has loads of skill, reads the game well, vision for a neat pass and gets stuck in.

No competition ! 

If he is out, it will be a huge loss to us as I think he has been instrumental in our good form. 

This. He's made a noticeable difference every game he's played. Also plays at a much faster tempo, and is far more direct. Rotten luck if he's out. 

1 minute ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

This. He's made a noticeable difference every game he's played. Also plays at a much faster tempo, and is far more direct. Rotten luck if he's out. 

He will be a miss but Alfie will go out there and Nesbitt to 10. Let’s hope he isn’t out or if he is it is not long. 

Nesbitt would 100% come in for Miller (if required) and play at 10.  My biggest concern would be he would put Morrison back on the left to get Agyeman back on the right which I don't think is as effective.  

Morrison can play on the left, likely better than Agyeman, but overall its not as threatening.

I still don't think Lawal is a starter, Edinburgh likely would be his best shout to prove something but I believe McGlynn doesn't think he has the engine to start matches.

Edited by MulsonFFC