The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Edinburgh keeper is Aidan McAdams who played in goals for Ayr in our Scottish Cup quarter-final last season - if my memory serves me correctly he played a blinder that night too, only beaten by a penalty and a deflection. Would prefer him to Hogarth if I'm honest.

I think any keeper on any given day is capable of playing a blinder. It doesn't necessarily mean they play like that every week. Bullen obviously thinks Mutch is a better keeper than McAdams, we saw Mutch for seasons and tbh he's a competent keeper but that's about it. FWIW I didn't think Hogarth was in great form before he went back to Forest last season but Kinnear was worse. I was surprised we brought Hogarth back and he probably thought he was going to be starting, play well then get a bigger move. If he's not in the team come January he might start questioning why he signed. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

In terms of away games, they have never been guaranteed. It’s part of the risk of buying a membership and that’s always been the case. 

Think that’s a bit of a red herring tbh. If you are paying £18 a month for the service, there is a reasonable expectation that away games will be covered.

Of course there were technical issues under the previous provider, but the vast majority of away matches were covered successfully.

14 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Just catching up in regards to Falkirk TV. I’ve heard from those in charge that the new team are doing a brilliant job. The guys behind the scenes doing commentary and filming have nothing to do with how the stream works, so having a pop at them isn’t very fair.

The team have been very unlucky with tech issues so far, and a series of unpredictable issues have cropped up with two different laptops over the last few weeks, which is nobody’s fault. I have it on good authority that one has been fixed by an expert and the other is due to be updated for our next away league game, which should eradicate the issues. Got to feel bad for the guys who are trying their best but are being let down by tech issues.

In terms of away games, they have never been guaranteed. It’s part of the risk of buying a membership and that’s always been the case. Cove and Edinburgh are two very difficult places to stream from due to a lack of power and 4G signal.

So instead of criticising the new team at every turn for things that are outwith their control, maybe show a bit of support to the guys who are giving up their free time on a voluntary basis to try and bring everyone live games every single week.

Here’s a quick suggestion to reduce criticism. How about you don’t bump up the monthly charge until you know you are able to provide a fit for purpose service?
I agree, the commentary is good, but the service is currently lacking and criticising those of us that are willing to pay for it isn’t the way to get us all back onside……

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think that’s a bit of a red herring tbh. If you are paying £18 a month for the service, there is a reasonable expectation that away games will be covered.

Of course there were technical issues under the previous provider, but the vast majority of away matches were covered successfully.

Yeah the vast amount over what? 8 years roughly? Give the new team a chance, it’s only been two months!

3 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Understand it’s frustrating and everyone is within their right to have a moan. In no way however does that entitle anyone to dish out abuse and unfair criticism. It’s possible to have a moan without being obnoxious and a total d**k.

Has anyone actually done this? That hasn’t come across from any of the posts I have seen…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Here’s a quick suggestion to reduce criticism. How about you don’t bump up the monthly charge until you know you are able to provide a fit for purpose service?
I agree, the commentary is good, but the service is currently lacking and criticising those of us that are willing to pay for it isn’t the way to get us all back onside……

You say “me”, have you tried taking that up with those who are actually in charge?

19 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Just catching up in regards to Falkirk TV. I’ve heard from those in charge that the new team are doing a brilliant job. The guys behind the scenes doing commentary and filming have nothing to do with how the stream works, so having a pop at them isn’t very fair.

The team have been very unlucky with tech issues so far, and a series of unpredictable issues have cropped up with two different laptops over the last few weeks, which is nobody’s fault. I have it on good authority that one has been fixed by an expert and the other is due to be updated for our next away league game, which should eradicate the issues. Got to feel bad for the guys who are trying their best but are being let down by tech issues.

In terms of away games, they have never been guaranteed. It’s part of the risk of buying a membership and that’s always been the case. Cove and Edinburgh are two very difficult places to stream from due to a lack of power and 4G signal.

So instead of criticising the new team at every turn for things that are outwith their control, maybe show a bit of support to the guys who are giving up their free time on a voluntary basis to try and bring everyone live games every single week.

Vaguely agree with the sentiment and do think what we have seen is teething issues. They may be volunteers however people are paying a decent amount of money per month for the service - it isn’t free. 

The issue yesterday of a laptop having auto updates on forcing it to crash for the first 30 mins is not acceptable. It is a human error which the guys themselves will know and I’m sure will be rectified - when these teething issues are sorted I think the service will be good. Holding hands up and saying we ballsed it up but will learn is all I need to know and I’m very thankful that these guys are giving up their time to do it. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Extra cash ?

Unless the sponsorship money has went up drastically, there won't be extra cash.

This cup has a history of teams only making money out of it only if you get to the final.

I won't cry if we go out on Tuesday,our squads too light in numbers to risk our league challenge for me

Got my cups mixed up :) ….

1 hour ago, Captain Chugwash said:

I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect to be provided with the same level of service as we have for the last 10+ years, after all it was the club who chose to change supplier. Jamie Swinney promised on the club podcast the same level of service if not better. We are not seeing that at the moment.

Also don’t forget we’ve had a price increase for this lesser service.

Yesterday’s issues can only be described as amateur - laptop installing updates at kick off? Anyone with some IT knowledge would know to check for updates in advance or turn off automatic updates. Additionally, watch the highlights from yesterday, the scoreboard reads Edi - Fal, All - Fal and All City Fal. That is basics to be getting wrong.

The new team have been in place for almost 2 months now but still getting problems at almost every away game. Have the club underestimated the skill involved in broadcasting from such grounds?

The supplier is experienced at running another clubs TV service so should not be having issues - however many of the issues we are seeing tie into the stories that Alloa TV gave on this thread when the announcement was made on why they ditched this provider.

No-one is criticising volunteers, however we are expecting the service we pay for to be delivered - and delivered to the standard we are used to.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Edinburgh keeper is Aidan McAdams who played in goals for Ayr in our Scottish Cup quarter-final last season - if my memory serves me correctly he played a blinder that night too, only beaten by a penalty and a deflection. Would prefer him to Hogarth if I'm honest.

Have a watch of Edinburgh's highlights last week, he has errors in him too. We're never going to get the finished article of a goalkeeper at this level, Hogarth & Long are excellent options.

39 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect to be provided with the same level of service as we have for the last 10+ years, after all it was the club who chose to change supplier. Jamie Swinney promised on the club podcast the same level of service if not better. We are not seeing that at the moment.

Also don’t forget we’ve had a price increase for this lesser service.

Yesterday’s issues can only be described as amateur - laptop installing updates at kick off? Anyone with some IT knowledge would know to check for updates in advance or turn off automatic updates. Additionally, watch the highlights from yesterday, the scoreboard reads Edi - Fal, All - Fal and All City Fal. That is basics to be getting wrong.

The new team have been in place for almost 2 months now but still getting problems at almost every away game. Have the club underestimated the skill involved in broadcasting from such grounds?

The supplier is experienced at running another clubs TV service so should not be having issues - however many of the issues we are seeing tie into the stories that Alloa TV gave on this thread when the announcement was made on why they ditched this provider.

No-one is criticising volunteers, however we are expecting the service we pay for to be delivered - and delivered to the standard we are used to.

Not seen a live game online yet under the new set up but the commentary is certainly an upgrade.