The Falkirk FC Thread

Strange move in the first place and pretty odd man management from McGlynn, he's simply not suited to the system McGlynn plays. We rejigged the whole system to suit him against Edinburgh City which means that even if he did well he still wouldn't get a place in the normal set up.

This is a good development all round, he'll score goals for Clyde and hopefully put himself in the shop window. I'd have thought a League 1 team would be in for him though.

Allan out is a good transfer that suits all parties I think.

Would be good to see some others come in as people mentioned. A couple of out of the blue announcements like Tait would be fun. 

Sensible stuff so far this window. With a tight squad, you need everyone to be usable. We now have Shanley to back up Maciver so no point carrying Allan who goes with most of our best wishes I'd imagine. Just wasn't the right fit. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Only way I can see us bringing in another centre back is if Lawal goes out on loan. Midfield is where we have most bodies so I'd say he would be next out the door before Allan. 

Well, this aged well...

18 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

8 days remain in January.

If your implying another signing then I hope its a back up centre back, and none of this McNulty Malarkey. CM7 contract would also be greatly appreciated, although assume this wont happen till the season is finished

Feel a bit sorry for Allan but it just hasn't happened for him with us. If he does well at Clyde he puts himself in the shop window at least. Lawal must be next surely, at least Allan and McKay made the bench, Lawal has been nowhere near it. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Feel a bit sorry for Allan but it just hasn't happened for him with us. If he does well at Clyde he puts himself in the shop window at least. Lawal must be next surely, at least Allan and McKay made the bench, Lawal has been nowhere near it. 

He was on the bench on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Can’t see us bringing anyone else in, a keeper would be good but don’t think it’ll happen.

As much as Allan didn't suit the system it would be absolutely mental to let him leave if there wasn't plans to bring in another striker.