The Sopranos

yoda

I watched the first 5 series but it has taken me about a month to finally get hold of season 6 is it weird to say I have missed them and their fucked up lives?

I've watched it all the way through four times now and I always feel a little twinge of sadness as I reach the end again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Season 6 last night. Undoubtedly one of the best TV shows ever but I cant say I was gripped through every season. It had its inevitable ups and downs but I will say when it was down it was really down. There were episodes where I wasn't interested in it at all and thought it was too up itself.

I felt the final episode could've had more in it but still thought it was solid. I can see why the ending pissed so many people off but David Chase just made absolutely sure that folk were gonna be talking about this show for years to come. I think Tony was clipped but I cant think who would've set it up, not unless it was a hangover from the original Phil Leotardo orders.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the story with Boardwalk Empire - has season 4 just been crap?

I don't know if it was just season 3 was so good but season 4 was a massive disappointment and I felt it all built up to a big ending that never really happened.

I'm going to start on The Wire soon but I'm certain it won't eclipse The Sopranos and Breaking Bad for me. If it can measure up to the first three seasons of Boardwalk Empire (which I'm sure it will) I'll be more than happy.

I've just started on The Wire boxset which I purchased due to it's positive reviews a few months ago , only watched the 1st episode mind you but have to say I was totally underwhelmed by it and I'm hoping that it picks up alot in the episodes that follow. I found some of the leading characters quite annoying, The script also annoyed me. I curse as much as the next person but it was if the writers were trying too hard to fit as many swear words into each line that they could get away with. Going to stick with it though as it's unfair to judge a show based on one episode.

I don't know if it was just season 3 was so good but season 4 was a massive disappointment and I felt it all built up to a big ending that never really happened.

Still to watch the Season 4 finale of Boardwalk Empire as it's still to be shown on Sky next week but have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed the season so far. I've found this season's went in really quickly though, not sure if there's been fewer episodes this season than the others.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I've just started on The Wire boxset which I purchased due to it's positive reviews a few months ago , only watched the 1st episode mind you but have to say I was totally underwhelmed by it and I'm hoping that it picks up alot in the episodes that follow. I found some of the leading characters quite annoying, The script also annoyed me. I curse as much as the next person but it was if the writers were trying too hard to fit as many swear words into each line that they could get away with. Going to stick with it though as it's unfair to judge a show based on one episode.

Everyone struggles with the start of The Wire. Everyone.

Best show ever though.

Just finished it and loved the ending it was perfect.

Overall It was a great piece of tv the acting was brilliant James gandolfini was worth the hype and edie falco was just as good as carmella. I thought for the most part the writing was spot on apart from the soprano children who never held my interest and perhaps season 3 which trudged along a bit after the excellent season 2. Pine barrens was obviously the stand out episode and I quite liked tonys alternate life when he got shot.

I think tv has just been ruined for me forever

• 7 months later...
JamieStevenson, on 28 Aug 2014 - 09:16, said:

I have literally just started The Sopranos for the first time so that previous post has me mind boggled. I can already tell from the first 2 or 3 episodes that this show will be a fantastic watch.

I can only apologise. Best series ever. I'll put my post in spoiler tags in case anyone fresh views the thread.