The Sopranos

yoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never seen the sopranos. One of these things I've always meant to watch but never got round to it. Bit like The Wire. Never seen that either.

I watched the first couple do episodes and it never really grabbed my attention.

Me too, it was one of those things that passed me by and in fact I've only started watching it, and I think it's great , although some of the ham acting from Tonys sidekicks is a bit off putting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished this for a second time. I think I might might have underrated it by watching The Wire (twice) and Breaking Bad in between the two viewings of The Sopranos. It's certainly not flawless but I think I might just prefer it to Breaking Bad.

Two other things:

1] There's a few "guest stars" I didn't notice the first time around. Notably, Michael K. Williams (Omar Little / The Wire), Frank John Hughes (Bill Guarnere / Band Of Brothers), Will Arnett, David Strathnairn, Sydney Pollack, Paul Dano, T-1000, etc.

2] Tony Soprano > Walter White

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have literally just started The Sopranos for the first time so that previous post has me mind boggled. I can already tell from the first 2 or 3 episodes that this show will be a fantastic watch.

Not sure how this happened but I've only just finished watching.... Amazing!

I'm watching this for the first time just now too, half way through season 5. First 2 seasons were decent, but it got better after that. Really hooked now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished it last week. It's not something I could fully or properly digest/analyse after one viewing, but I enjoyed it.

And I think Tony's alive at the moment the show ends, but beyond that he's going to be looking over his shoulder constantly. Most of his crew are out of the picture, there's not much left for him, and there'll be minimum fuss when he eventually gets hit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...