The Sopranos

yoda

One of the best scenes in TV history is Uncle Jun thinking CYE was him and Bobby!

Watched this scene a few times as I couldn't stop laughing.

Also the scene when he falls back in the shower and yells "Your sister's C***"

Edited by sam2304

Started this a few weeks ago, halfway through Season 5 and hooked.

Uncle Junior is hilarious cracks me up

You're looking good. Looking better.

Tony, if you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a broad in the car waiting to tongue my balls.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Rich man talking to a poor man,

I got my wife a diamond ring and a Mercedes

Poor man says what did you get a Mercedes for?

So if she doesn't like the ring she can drive back to the shop and get something else

poor man says well I got mine a pair of slippers and a dildo so if she doesn't like the slippers she can go f&&k herself

:lol:

• 5 months later...

Doing a rewatch as my Mrs has never seen it and reckon Richie Aprile was my favourite of Tony's enemies (compared to Junior*, Ralphie, Feech, Phil, Mikey, Butchie and not counting Livia for some reason). He was so menacing but provided some great comedy (like with The Jaaaacket). Ralph is up there but was more comedic and a despicable scrote but not so menacing. Phil was menacing but was generally more hateable than funny.

Gloria was also a superb character.

*Junior was a better character overall but mainly when he was being consigliere or being slagged by Tony rather than as a villain

Janice is possibly the best character in TV history. Has there ever been anyone in any programme who has such a perfect balance between  being so well written and cast meaning we appreciate every scene they're in, while simultaneously being so utterly detestable that the audience universally prays they'll be killed off every time they speak?

Pine Barrens 

[Chris and Paulie just botched a hit on a Russian gangster, and are lost in the woods. They call Tony, and get a bad reception.] 
Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: Listen to me, this guy was a Russian green beret. He was in the ministry of the interior or something. He single-handedly killed 16 Chechen rebels. Be fucking careful. 
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: All right. 
[hangs up] 
Christopher Moltisanti: What did he say? 
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: He said the guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians, and he was an interior decorator. 
Christopher Moltisanti: Interior decorator? His appartment looked like shit.