Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

So can someone give me a steer on this new Joker film, is batman gonna be in it or will it be like Jim Gordon vs the Joker type affair?
It's a Joker origin story so there won't be any Batman, Bruce Wayne may appear though. Think it's meant to focus around the Joker and Thomas Wayne (played by Alec Baldwin) and will be set in the 1980s.

11 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:
16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
So can someone give me a steer on this new Joker film, is batman gonna be in it or will it be like Jim Gordon vs the Joker type affair?

It's a Joker origin story so there won't be any Batman, Bruce Wayne may appear though. Think it's meant to focus around the Joker and Thomas Wayne (played by Alec Baldwin) and will be set in the 1980s.

Baldwin dropped out last month

I just cannae fathom who the jokers nemeses will be in it, the origin story is interesting but can’t figure out what direction they’ll take!

49 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Venom being heavily criticised and many neg reviews, will still see it but pity if it is as venom is a cracking character

Unless it bombs like f**k and Sony sell it to marvel, they'd probably do wonders with it and spidey

General consensus seems to be it suffers from being 13 rated. You'd hope they accept this, and make any sequel R rated.

Saw Venom last night and it's entertaining tbh. I think the reviews are pretty unfair on it. I mean obviously if you're holding it up to compare against things in the MCU but that's an entire universe that's taken 10 years to build.

It's in no way perfect, but it's a decent enough watch. 

Iron Fist on Netflix not being renewed for a third season.

Maybe connected to them planning a Loki series for late next year, with Tom Hiddleston!!!

Don't know if it's planned to be a Netflix show but perhaps they're not wanting to flood the market with titular characters, not big enough for a "standalone" movie getting their own show!!!

Talk of Scarlet Witch being next if the Loki one succeeds, you would imagine it would though if it has the movie writers and Hiddleston himself reprising the role!!!