Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Just watched End Game.

Not very good tbh. I don't want to post any spoilers but there were a couple of highlights amongst some pretty drawn out mundane stuff and some down right garbage. Worth watching in order to finish off the current Marvel era but beyond that? Not a great film.

I thought it was perfect, and tied everything together wonderfully. It gets particularly good towards the end as well, maybe a wee bit slow up until then but that’s about my only criticism. Feel quite weird, the series went right through my teenage years and I’m here in my 20s and that’s it. Quite sad actually, but one hell of a way to finish it all off. 

I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel films but feel compelled to keep seeing them as I've seen them all to date to get some closure to the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed Endgame. It was not without its flaws but was a very good film which makes you feel a whole range of emotions and has some great performances from the cast.

Also, kudos to the Russo's for making Tom Holland as Spiderman tolerable in this film. No easy feat.

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I feel a bit empty inside lol, thats 11 years and 22 films, some fucking saga they produced, and now its done 

I think the new Spider-Man is still classed as a "Phase 3" movie. 

My prediction (don't read if you haven't seen Endgame as this prediction is a tiny bit of a spoiler for one of its plot elements):

Fury will die.  If you think I'm right because that's the way it is in the comics please don't tell me as I don't read them and am just making a total guess!

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

57 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think the new Spider-Man is still classed as a "Phase 3" movie. 

My prediction (don't read if you haven't seen Endgame as this prediction is a tiny bit of a spoiler for one of its plot elements):

Hide contents

Fury will die.  If you think I'm right because that's the way it is in the comics please don't tell me as I don't read them and am just making a total guess!

Perhaps. 

Since Shield collapsed in Winter Soldier, Fury's increasingly become a peripheral figure. Most of his appearances since then have been little more than minor cameos. Getting  Samuel L. Jackson in just for them won't be cheap you'd imagine.*

With the future of the MCU looking like it's broadening even further into the cosmic and mystical areas from the comics, they don't really need him that much anymore. At a pinch they can use characters like Maria Hill to perform a similar kind of role.

Captain Marvel has let Jackson have a chance to almost share centre stage in an MCU movie. Plus, now Stark, Captain America and Black Widow are out the picture, most of his major ties to MCU are gone.

It's as good a time as any to send him off. I've not seen Jackson mentioned in the cast list for Far From Home though admittedly.

He could still appear in the Black Widow prequel though.

*edit: Actually, I might be blethering there. Jackson may still be on one of those Marvel multi-film contracts so it wouldn't be the case that he's being brought back in each time. Rather he's fulfilling his contract.

Edited by captainkev

Enjoyed the film, but thought it took a wee while to get going. 

Will be going to see it again so hopefully i will appreciate it more the second time round. 

Spoiler

Excited by Thor being in GotG 3.

Thought for a second we were going to be getting another Captain America when he goes back to deliver the Infinity Stones, but then he turns up as an old man. 

If Anthony Mackie is Cap going forward then i can see Hulk/Hawkeye being in his films as none of them will/can carry their own imo. 

Final battle scene was an excellent climax. 

Finally we better not get Ironwoman with fucking Gwyneth Paltrow. 

Guest Moomintroll
Will be going to see it again so hopefully i will appreciate it more the second time round. 
Spoiler

Thought for a second we were going to be getting another Captain America when he goes back to deliver the Infinity Stones, but then he turns up as an old man. 
If Anthony Mackie is Cap going forward then i can see Hulk/Hawkeye being in his films as none of them will/can carry their own imo. 

I thought they had to take their time to give all the characters some screen minutes before getting down to business. Thought it was superb from start to finish & the climatic battle scene was awesome.

10 hours ago, Skerla said:

Hide contents

nah paltrow said this was her last major outing, she might be cameo in spiderman but that's it hence the major screen time suit wise, i think if they need a new iron man it will be the wee boy from iron man 3, hence his appearance at the funeral

14 hours ago, Skerla said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Falcon won't be in any films of his own but he and Winter Soldier are teaming up and getting their own TV Series which starts filming at the end of the year, as is Hawkeyes which starts filming next year!!!

Up first though is a Loki Series which has already started filming and a Scarlet Witch and The Vision series which is starting soon!!!

All these shows are for the new Disney+ Streaming Service and are all connected to the movies and run in conjunction with them!!!

Has it been confirmed that Falcon won't be getting a movie in the future? This is the early stages for this phase so giving him and the Winter Soldier their own show doesn't really mean anything unless there actually has been that confirmation.

As for the Hawkeye thing, Renner has wanted this for years, so he was probably easy to sign up and they'll be happy to have another original on board.