Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

There'll be a group going forward. Don't think it'll be an Avengers type set group of people like before, but I reckon there's going to be one. Black Panther probably being the focal point of said group.

I knew Hulk wouldn't be getting his own thing, but it'd make sense for him to be important going forward.

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

There'll be a group going forward. Don't think it'll be an Avengers type set group of people like before, but I reckon there's going to be one. Black Panther probably being the focal point of said group.

I knew Hulk wouldn't be getting his own thing, but it'd make sense for him to be important going forward.

Nah black panther isnt strong enough to lead them imo, i can see them using some comic storylines where cap marvel and strange lead the avengers, 

I can also see rdj back at some point in the distant future, not an AI stark but an alternate universe stark

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:
Or any line from Korg.

^^^ this!!!

Edited by King Kebab

I think Ruffalo has chucked it as well as Evans and RDJ, the rumour is that he was fed up of running around in a black leotard with spots on it and a stick strapped to his back with a tennis ball on top!!!
The Professor Hulk variant was a way of getting him to sign on again, some other schmo can do that now and he just has to come in for a week or so of post production, but he hasn't signed up yet!!!

Is it not going to be the case that the next 'phase' will begin largely through some of the many planned TV shows lined up for Disney+? I think that with 'Loki', 'WandaVision', 'Falcon and Winter Soldier' etc that they will be focusing heavily on that for the next wee while given the huge investment.

23 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'd say it's very likely that WandaVision and Loki will have nowt to do with the MCU. The other two might have some significance though.

Loki will maybe be based on the alternate timeline created by him grabbing the tesseract ibn endgame, could be a good way to introduce alternate dimensions and a way for rdj to come back way into the future, wandavision is seemingly set in the 50's so f**k knows how they will proceed with that

I love the idea of Loki's series being set in that timeline. I'm hoping that the MCU next phase doesn't f**k about with timelines and that Disney+ is the only place that goes into them.

I'm guessing the 50's thing that Olsen alluded to is nonsense.

If anyone has spare time, bored, feeling nostalgic etc then they should read this thread from the start again

8 years and 3 months ago we all started a journey in here, lots of guesses, opinions, theories about upcoming films and tv shows, some have been close, some were wildly off the mark but the range of discussions in this thread have been fantastic over the last 8 years

Heres to another 8 years of it

Here's a question; how would you rate each film from the Infinity Saga? I mean if you put them all in a list, starting with the worst.

I'll do one when I get in to work.

Went to see Endgame again and I actually saw Howard the Duck in the big battle scene, still think Dr. Strange could have opened another portal for The Defenders to come out of just for a wee nod!!!

Guest Moomintroll
Went to see Endgame again and I actually saw Howard the Duck in the big battle scene, still think Dr. Strange could have opened another portal for The Defenders to come out of just for a wee nod!!!
Missed that, ah well guess I will have to go & see it again.

Right, I've given it a shot;

1.       Avengers: Infinity War

2.       Guardians of the Galaxy

3.       Avengers: Endgame

4.       Captain America: The Winter Soldier

5.       Thor: Ragnarok

6.       Captain America: Civil War

7.       Guardians of the Galaxy 2

8.       Ant Man and the Wasp

9.       Iron Man

10.   Captain America: The First Avenger

11.   Black Panther

12.   Captain Marvel

13.   Thor

14.   Spiderman: Homecoming

15.   The Avengers

16.   Ant-Man

17.   Doctor Strange

18.   Iron Man 3

19.   Avengers: Age of Ultron

20.   Iron Man 2

21.   Thor: The Dark World

22.   The Incredible Hulk

Since Endgame is such a big cinematic event, I'm wanting to go see it but I'm neglected a lot of the Marvel films. I've managed to get through some of the ones I've not seen yet (and I've been told that there's several films that aren't particularly essential, so I'm ignoring them).

Still to watch: Civil War, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Infinity War

Ignoring: The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, and both Ant-Man films

The Iron-Man films are just very dull. Didn't like them the first time I watched them and still don't. Patched the third one as I didn't want to sit through it, so read the plot synopsis instead.

I can remember the first Thor film so didn't need to rewatch that. The second one was rubbish and I turned it off halfway through, but someone filled in the important parts for me.

I liked both of the Captain America films. The second one is the best of the "Avenger" films I've seen. Captain America is a far more interesting character

Both GOTG films were great fun. There's obvious parallels to Star Wars which definitely helps, but they're a good way to spend 2 hours. 

Remember seeing the first Avengers film so didn't need to rewatch it. I did not like Age Of Ultron - I know it serves a purpose to introduce some future characters and establish the conflict internal ahead of Civil War but it just felt like >2 hours of filler for no payoff.

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Not sure why you've been told to ignore three of those four movies, given they're no more or less essential than ones that you're going to watch.

I asked some folk what films are the most essential, and I was told that I'd be as well giving the Spiderman one a miss as it's not vitally important and I'll probably find it dull. I might watch Ant-Man at some point (Paul Rudd is one of those actors always worth watching) but was also told that I'm not going to miss too much or be at all lost if I give them a swerve.