Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

It was fifteen years ago today that Christopher Reeve died. In the days following, many US newspapers published editorial cartoons in tribute to him. Quite a few showed an empty wheelchair next to a phone booth, with Superman flying off into the distance, but I found this one said it all.

Christopher Reeve tribute.gif

Up, up and away, Christopher.

Edited by GordonD

57 minutes ago, SaltandPepe said:

Anybody else looking forward to the start of The Watchmen TV series starting Monday? Love how dark the film was!

Cannot wait.  I love the graphic novel and the film was (for the most part) excellent.  So far the vibe around this has been really good, and anything with Jeremy Irons is worth a watch.

I consider myself someone that tries not to get lost in hyperbole but The Watchmen has some serious potential to be the show of the year, and possibly beyond IMO.

A combination of the way Lindelof took the source material from The Leftovers and made it one of the best shows you'll ever watch combined with this letter he wrote on the instagram about taking it on has me totally fucking hyped for it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/damon-lindelof-posts-open-watchmen-letter-instagram-1114216

Throw in the Godfather of television reviews, Alan Sepinwall giving it his stamp of approval should leave you asking why aren't you going to watch it?

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/watchmen-hbo-review-897290/

Edited by the jambo-rocker

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Martin Scorcese has caused a bit of a stooshie by saying that Marvel movies 'aren't cinema', and that they're 'something different'.

Do any of you c***s give a f**k one way or the other?

He almost goes out of his way to not say that Scorsese is allowed his opinion but he's talking out of his arse.

On 18/10/2019 at 07:50, the jambo-rocker said:

I consider myself someone that tries not to get lost in hyperbole but The Watchmen has some serious potential to be the show of the year, and possibly beyond IMO.

A combination of the way Lindelof took the source material from The Leftovers and made it one of the best shows you'll ever watch combined with this letter he wrote on the instagram about taking it on has me totally fucking hyped for it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/damon-lindelof-posts-open-watchmen-letter-instagram-1114216

Throw in the Godfather of television reviews, Alan Sepinwall giving it his stamp of approval should leave you asking why aren't you going to watch it?

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/watchmen-hbo-review-897290/

I'm absolutely buzzing for it, properly loved the film, and the opening sequence is still one of the best things I've ever seen.

Martin Scorcese has caused a bit of a stooshie by saying that Marvel movies 'aren't cinema', and that they're 'something different'.

I enjoyed listening to RDJ's response, less so the interviewer shouting at him to try and get a response.

Jennifer Aniston came out with something similar a few weeks ago. At least Scorcese has abit of pedigree in the film business and isn't making shite Netflix movies with Adam Sandler!

I'm absolutely buzzing for it, properly loved the film, and the opening sequence is still one of the best things I've ever seen.

You do know that it started two weeks ago on Sky Atlantic???

Rumours that WB are trying to entice Michael Keaton back to play old Bruce Wayne in a new film adaption of Batman Beyond, that would be class!!!

Also Matthew McConaughey being lined up to play Two-Face in the new Batman film, excellent casting if true, but kind of wanted to see him to play Norman Osbourne in the MCU, especially if they’re going down the Dark Avengers route I think he would have been excellent as the dark mirror version of Tony Stark in his Iron Patriot suit, but I’d be cool with him doing Two-Face!!!

IMG_0703.thumb.jpg.1feb10aa9f265d74dc0df0e4046759b2.jpg