Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
I know people are creaming themselves over the Snyder Cut, but having just watched BvS again, I can't think of anything I want to see less than more Zack Snyder superhero footage.

You just don't get it.

I know.

But imagine the seethe when it turns out that it's just an extra hour dedicated to Cyborg, arguably the most boring character ever commited to screen.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
I know people are creaming themselves over the Snyder Cut, but having just watched BvS again, I can't think of anything I want to see less than more Zack Snyder superhero footage.

You just don't get it.

me neither. like a Michael Bay cut on any one of his films - with perhaps the exception of the first Transformers which I think was actually perfection. 

Three days into The Batman starting up production again it’s all been halted, apparently Robert Pattinson has tested positive for COVID, and do it’s all up in the air again, can’t exactly shoot around the star of the show I suppose!!!

On 30/08/2020 at 13:45, Mark Connolly said:

I'll probably watch it but I can't see how the Snyder Cut can make it a good film.

Superman is the most boring hero ever. Even his boring costume is boring, and making it all black won't change that.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'll probably watch it but I can't see how the Snyder Cut can make it a good film.

Superman is the most boring hero ever. Even his boring costume is boring, and making it all black won't change that.

The 1970s superman wasn't boring at all. There is a lot to work with in terms of telling a story about characters. It's a weakness in the film makers (and tv Makers) that they make it all about his awesome powers and squeaky cleanness. 

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The 1970s superman wasn't boring at all. There is a lot to work with in terms of telling a story about characters. It's a weakness in the film makers (and tv Makers) that they make it all about his awesome powers and squeaky cleanness. 

Ugh. Can't stand those Superman films. Dull, dull stuff.

The first two Superman films are excellent, even allowing the utterly shit "twist" of reversing time total bollocks nonsense thus rendering the whole plot pointless.

Superman III gets panned but is actually pretty enjoyable, Superman turns evil and fights Clark Kent. Pamela Stephenson is genuinely excellent and the bonkers ending with the evil robot lady is fun to watch.

Superman IV is w**k... but even then I can still watch it just because of how camp Nuclear Man (haven't bothered to check if that's his proper name) is, and the incredibly low-budget, sub-Acorns Antiques feel to the whole thing is amusing.

Superman Returns is tolerable, but waaaaaaaay too long.

Man of Steel was not appalingly bad but I would have no desire to ever watch it again.

Batman vs Superman is shite.

Justice League is worse than B v S.

IMO.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The first two Superman films are excellent, even allowing the utterly shit "twist" of reversing time total bollocks nonsense thus rendering the whole plot pointless.

Superman III gets panned but is actually pretty enjoyable, Superman turns evil and fights Clark Kent. Pamela Stephenson is genuinely excellent and the bonkers ending with the evil robot lady is fun to watch.

Superman IV is w**k... but even then I can still watch it just because of how camp Nuclear Man (haven't bothered to check if that's his proper name) is, and the incredibly low-budget, sub-Acorns Antiques feel to the whole thing is amusing.

Superman Returns is tolerable, but waaaaaaaay too long.

Man of Steel was not appalingly bad but I would have no desire to ever watch it again.

Batman vs Superman is shite.

Justice League is worse than B v S.

IMO.

I actually really enjoyed the extended version of Batman Vs Superman.

I find the first two Superman films cheesy and dull. Some folk today complain about comic book films having nothing to say and no depth (which I disagree with) but those films have little to say and, aside from Clark Kent himself, there's little character depth. Not a fan.

Superman Returns was meh. Man of Steel likewise.

Batman vs Superman was absolutely shite and lasted about 12 years, so f**k knows how long the extended version is (15 years?).

• 2 months later...

With Wonder Woman 84 being released on HBOMAX on Christmas Day, has anybody heard how and where it is being broadcast here???
Apparently it is getting a worldwide TV release, was wondering if SKYAtlantic is going to becoming something else as it is currently the channel that shows all the new HBO output first!!!