Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I think the deflected bullet thing was good because it was Eric's fault and you also got the chance to see that he really cared about Charles and was very upset that he shot him basically.

Well either way would have ended with the same result, but i think it would have been more meaningful the way I suggested, the way it happens is basically an accident, when the bullet is deflected. The way I thought of would have been more deliberate, Eric knew he was defying Charles wishes, and he alone would have been responsible for the outcome. In this case, crippling his friend to sate his revenge.

The thing that doesnt help is the timeline (again) where they are both meant to be friends for years (also if you watch last stand they both go and recruit Jean) and they splinter off because of their divide in views. If they had even done a "2 years later" showing them having recuited all the mutants and kicked on from their so the friendship has grown.

Watching a double bill of X-Men First class, and the directors cut of Watchmen. Just at the end of X-Men when Magneto kills Shaw, does anyone else think that for the sake of the story it would have been better if Xavier was left paralysed because he was in Shaw's head while Magneto was forcing the coin thru Shaw's skull? Rather than Xavier getting a deflected bullet in his arse? I actually thought that was what was happening when Xavier began to scream as Shaw died. I think it would have made the dynamic between them stronger as Xavier would have just excuse to blame Magneto for his condition, but he would rise above that to try and keep Eric on his side.

That wouldn't paralyze him though, Xavier has the power to kill people with his psychic abilities so being inside someone's head as they die would do nothing to him.

It's not a terrible ending, though I don't like the idea that Magneto deflects a bullet and with all his powers he accidentally moves it right to Xavier.

I'm not sure if it was ever done in the comics but I always liked the idea of Xavier losing physical powers (like the ability to walk) because his psychic powers were so demanding and whatnot. Could explain the hair loss as well.

That wouldn't paralyze him though, Xavier has the power to kill people with his psychic abilities so being inside someone's head as they die would do nothing to him.

It's not a terrible ending, though I don't like the idea that Magneto deflects a bullet and with all his powers he accidentally moves it right to Xavier.

I'm not sure if it was ever done in the comics but I always liked the idea of Xavier losing physical powers (like the ability to walk) because his psychic powers were so demanding and whatnot. Could explain the hair loss as well.

That's just one of those things we have to accept in hollywood films though. It tends to happen a lot when two people are struggling over a gun and one of them pulls the trigger and they end up shooting a third person who isn't even involved in the fight.

I've no real problem with the way it happens in First Class though. It's well established throughout the film that Magneto is still getting to grips with his powers and given the time he has to react to the bullet being fired, he isn't able to control where he deflects it to.

The thing that doesnt help is the timeline (again) where they are both meant to be friends for years (also if you watch last stand they both go and recruit Jean) and they splinter off because of their divide in views. If they had even done a "2 years later" showing them having recuited all the mutants and kicked on from their so the friendship has grown.

First class is kinda a reboot in some ways. Certain parts of the established plot, those two finding Jean Grey, also building cerebro, oh and Emma frost being a teenager in the wolverine film (set like 20 year later). They are kinda politely ignoring some facts, like at no point during the first 3 films does Charles mention Mystique is his adopted sister, neither she she show any remorse for trying to kill him in the first film.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I wasn't really thinking about it from his powers, it just seemed more meaningful than being shot. Seems a little pathetic.

First class is kinda a reboot in some ways. Certain parts of the established plot, those two finding Jean Grey, also building cerebro, oh and Emma frost being a teenager in the wolverine film (set like 20 year later). They are kinda politely ignoring some facts, like at no point during the first 3 films does Charles mention Mystique is his adopted sister, neither she she show any remorse for trying to kill him in the first film.

The problem will arise when they do the new film with the time travel aspect when both of these collide. That being said looking forward to that film more than the new Wolverine film...

The problem will arise when they do the new film with the time travel aspect when both of these collide. That being said looking forward to that film more than the new Wolverine film...

I quite enjoyed the original Wolverine film, excluding the adamantium AP bullet shite. Its a metal that is indestructable, shot by a bullet thats indestructable, they wouldnt work, it would simply deflect, unless you shot him in the eye and were very accurate about it, theres no way your shooting his brain!

I quite enjoyed the original Wolverine film, excluding the adamantium AP bullet shite. Its a metal that is indestructable, shot by a bullet thats indestructable, they wouldnt work, it would simply deflect, unless you shot him in the eye and were very accurate about it, theres no way your shooting his brain!

I think it was just little things like where the name Wolverine came from, just no

Gambit, he should of been in xmen 3 and should of been Sawyer from lost instead of Arcangel

Meeting Cyclops and Prof X yet neither of them remembering him

Sabertooth being his ffing brother

I think it was just little things like where the name Wolverine came from, just no

Gambit, he should of been in xmen 3 and should of been Sawyer from lost instead of Arcangel

Meeting Cyclops and Prof X yet neither of them remembering him

Sabertooth being his ffing brother

All fair points, The wolverine name thing was pretty silly and when she was "dead" it was clearly obvious that was just fake blood and there were no wounds, didnt he think "oh f**k theres loads of blood, but where is it coming from?" but i actually enjoyed the conflict between Wolverine and Sabretooth in this one, Liev Schreiber is a good actor and he played the character well. But regarding the Cyclops and Professor X, the whole series seems to have people meeting each other and forgetting about it and completely forgetting brothers/sisters. At least in Wolverines case, he has the memory loss to justify why he doesnt remember his brother, why does Professor X forget he has a sister?

Its a silly film in some points, but still pretty enjoyable

Turning Deadpool into a joke was a disgrace.

Actually looks like one of the few roles Ryan Reynolds is suited for, see if the game is any good

Actually looks like one of the few roles Ryan Reynolds is suited for, see if the game is any good

He seems ideal, but they totally made a c**t of it. Katana blades in his arms? Where are they gonna be stored when not in use? At least Wolverines blades make a kinda sense, but this is take the piss

Turning Deadpool into a joke was a disgrace.

Yeah, that's my main problem with Origins: Wolverine. Giving him all sorts of powers that he has never had anything to do with like Cyclops' optic blast, teleportation and retractable swords.

Reynolds was a cracking Wade Wilson so I hope that the Deadpool film actually happens.

Probably more chance of Green Lantern 2 lol

If Man of Steel does really well then the JLA movie will get the green light which will lead to GL 2 happening.

Yeah, that's my main problem with Origins: Wolverine. Giving him all sorts of powers that he has never had anything to do with like Cyclops' optic blast, teleportation and retractable swords.

Reynolds was a cracking Wade Wilson so I hope that the Deadpool film actually happens.

If Man of Steel does really well then the JLA movie will get the green light which will lead to GL 2 happening.

I can't see Man of Steel not doing well at the box office tbh. Superman's a far easier sell to the general audience than the likes of the original Iron Man, or the Thor and Captain America movies will have been. Christopher Nolan attaching his name to it by producing it will probably help it with audiences given the clout he has now thanks to his two great Batman films and The Dark Knight Rises.

I can't see Man of Steel not doing well at the box office tbh. Superman's a far easier sell to the general audience than the likes of the original Iron Man, or the Thor and Captain America movies will have been. Christopher Nolan attaching his name to it by producing it will probably help it with audiences given the clout he has now thanks to his two great Batman films and The Dark Knight Rises.

I think this Superman films gonna do pretty well. The trailers for it have been simply outstanding, Nolan isnt the only good name behind it tho, Its got Zack Snyder, and David S Goyer working on it too. Thats 3 excellent names accociated with film adaptions of comic books alone. Films got alot of potential IMO

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I agree, but Warner Brothers have pretty much admitted that if Man of Steel doesn't meet their expectations then they won't go ahead with a JLA movie.