Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Used to follow news of the MCU and DCCU quite a bit. Hadn't looked into it all in a while and until today and now I see that Avengers 3 is 2 parts, they've released the Avengers 2 trailer, Benedict Cumberbatch is Dr Strange and Marvel and DC have both announced their slates for the next few years.

Agreed no issues with it being over 2 films just means we get a more comprehensive story. Still a bit underwhelmed at the Dr Strange casting tho great news for the rest of the films

first rumour of Dr Strange was Johnny Depp, i thought he would have worked well as a Dr Strange but this isnt bad either

Marvel Entertainment are on some roll just now tbh, they could have cast a corpse and still made something good out of it

Thor 2 was utter garbage.

I re-watched Iron Man 3 the other week as well, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

GOTG and Cap 2 were outstanding though. But the evidence is there that they do have the odd mis-step

Thor 2 was utter garbage.

I re-watched Iron Man 3 the other week as well, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

GOTG and Cap 2 were outstanding though. But the evidence is there that they do have the odd mis-step

The original Thor and Captain America wasn't that great either.

I also watched Iron Man 3 a few nights ago, I agree didn't enjoy it as much.

Captain America 3 should be a absolute belter if Civil War is anything to go by.

Comic book spoiler.

My only issue will be how they incorporate or replace Spiderman, who was an integral character to the story.

Also I see that Thor:Ragnorok is not until after the film, meaning that something or someone else rather than the clone version that Iron Man created after Thor dying, will be used as the real catalyst when the shit kicks off. I also wonder who the victim will be, because Goliath was a big deal at that moment, which begs the question what laterally will kick the shit between both of the sides off?

I'm a bit annoyed "Avengers 3" is going to be over 2 films. feels like we're being fleeced a bit

Not really, the Infinity War story is huge. It going over 2 films is a good thing rather than it being rushed over 1.

Not if they plan on doing any justice to the Civil War storyline, which can never be done in 1 Captain America film (not well anyway).

It will be done in one film, the 2 Avengers films are for other things.

Why is everyone assuming they're doing this Civil War story? Has that been announced? Or is that the story in the comics that ties in with Thanos and the infinity stones/gems?

They announced the full act three.

Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016

Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017

Thor: Ragnorok - July 28, 2017

Black Panther - November 3, 2017

Captain Marvel - JULY 6, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - May 2018

Inhumans - November 2, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 - May 2019

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56670

Captain America 3 should be a absolute belter if Civil War is anything to go by.

Comic book spoiler.

My only issue will be how they incorporate or replace Spiderman, who was an integral character to the story.

Also I see that Thor:Ragnorok is not until after the film, meaning that something or someone else rather than the clone version that Iron Man created after Thor dying, will be used as the real catalyst when the shit kicks off. I also wonder who the victim will be, because Goliath was a big deal at that moment, which begs the question what laterally will kick the shit between both of the sides off?

I don't think Spider-man needs to be in there, there's enough without him or the X-Men to fit into one film and resolve it so the team can go on. Or they could go to the story just after Civil War to tie up one character's story.

Ragnarok could just be the typical Norse meaning rather than the Thor clone. That's what I took it to mean. I, too, wonder how they'll do Goliath's part. Nitro's too. Or if they'll even do the Civil War about the Superhero Registration Act.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but over in DC The Rock has been confirmed as Black Adam. Zero idea who that is mind

Black Adam is the DC Captain Marvel's arch enemy!!!

To quote the DC-wiki: "Black Adam is a super-villian and sometimes anti-hero originally written as the evil counterpart to Captain Marvel, an ancient Egyptian Prince who was given incredible powers by the wizard Shazam and survived into the modern era."

4176038-4663346672-31417.jpg

And just to say, I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a great shout!!! :thumsup2

black_teth_ibn_adam__wip__by_jsnmcdrmd-d

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Chadwick Boseman has been named as the actor who will be bring the Black Panther to the screen, signing up firstly for the 3rd Captain America movie, then in his own film the following year and then a further three films after that!!!

BG_Chadwick%20Boseman%20as%20Black%20Pan

• 1 month later...

No chat on the Suicide Squad casting announcements?

Jared Leto as The Joker could be brilliant. Margot Robbie will make a great Harley Quinn as well.

Don't know much about Deadshot so not sure about Will Smith being cast. Also don't know much about Tom Hardys character as Rick?

Oprah will make a decent Amanda Waller and Jai Courtney will be fine as Boomerang chap who we saw recently in Arrow

No chat on the Suicide Squad casting announcements?

Jared Leto as The Joker could be brilliant. Margot Robbie will make a great Harley Quinn as well.

Don't know much about Deadshot so not sure about Will Smith being cast. Also don't know much about Tom Hardys character as Rick?

Oprah will make a decent Amanda Waller and Jai Courtney will be fine as Boomerang chap who we saw recently in Arrow

Leto as the Joker is probably the pick of the castings, including the Batman vs Superman ones, too.

Will Smith is a terrible one, though. I was discussing it with someone and neither of us could think of a film where he's played a villain. Even if Suicide Squad has villains as the main characters, presumably you're not supposed to rout for them, I'm not sure Smith can do that.

I'm still far more interested in Marvel's films but it might be alright, I like David Ayer's stuff.