Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Ant Man's been getting really positive reviews from its first screening. Haven't seen any official reviews yet but, going by social media, it hasn't flopped. End credits scenes are meant to be crackers too.

Was anyone thinking Ant-Man was going to be shit? The trailers looked decent, the cast is good, and Marvel have been producing hits for fun over the past few years.

The whole Edgar Wright debacle put people off a bit. It was a movie that had been in development since before the first Iron Man and then Peyton Reed had to turn it into his own in around a year.

Changing directors half-way through is rarely a good sign though...

The whole Edgar Wright debacle put people off a bit. It was a movie that had been in development since before the first Iron Man and then Peyton Reed had to turn it into his own in around a year.

Haha, good points. I had totally forgotten about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I give you the Batman/Superman Trailer from Comic Con.

Looks good,

I like it appears the massive destruction and loss of life in the first Superman won't just be glossed over as it is in most films, plus I think Affleck is going to be a great Batman

Looks good,

I like it appears the massive destruction and loss of life in the first Superman won't just be glossed over as it is in most films, plus I think Affleck is going to be a great Batman

Casting seems to have be nailed on, even a nice Jason Todd reference and Luthor..

Anyone seen the Suicide Squad trailer leak? Only looks alright, dunno how I feel about that. Deadpool trailer leak was the same. They dont look bad but they dont look amazing either.

Batman vs Superman I'm looking forward to, think it'll be great. If anything it looks fantastic which is what Snyder does well.

Think it looks pretty good but there's a couple of issues I have (albeit minor ones). The first being the fact that the trailer seemed to be pretty cramped with lots of plot threads in there. Secondly, the CGI looks pretty awful in the fight scenes but I accept that there's still a while to go until release and the CGI is most likely in early stages. Finally, I just can't see Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor so far.

Here it is in full HD quality!

Has potential to be absolutely brilliant. I really like the look of it and Jared Leto will no doubt be absolutely fantastic as the Joker as will Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. With the two trailers that have dropped from DC I think they're winning some folk over. There's also a couple of clues in the two of them that could be pointing to the next solo Batman film going down a good path and one we haven't seen before in terms of what it could be adapting.