Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

"Premier" episode??

Ok to discuss after its gone on demand, even though that is before the previously precious uk prime time showing??

This guy is all over the place!

Sky also provides a subscription on demand service called Now TV. Things appear on that at the same time Sky put programmes on their own on demand service. If something is made available on demand for people to watch at their leisure, there is no need to have spoiler tags.

I would still say that if a programme is only shown on a TV channel, then spoiler tags should be used until it's been given it's showcase showing at prime time.

I'd leave it to the person myself, once something has been aired or is widely available I'd avoid the thread if I didn't want it spoiled. Are you that desperate to read the thread that you can't wait until you've watched the program? The risk/reward seems heavily lopsided in this scenario.

I'd leave it to the person myself, once something has been aired or is widely available I'd avoid the thread if I didn't want it spoiled. Are you that desperate to read the thread that you can't wait until you've watched the program? The risk/reward seems heavily lopsided in this scenario.

True, but it really does take next to no effort at all to spoiler tag it so I'm not sure why so many are spitting the dummy over this.

Regardless of rules or anything, the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to watch it until after the working day, in my mind it'd just be common courtesy to spoiler-tag it until it's reasonable to expect the majority who will watch it, have watched it i.e. after the 9pm showing.

I've watched episodes earlier than the 9pm showing before and had absolutely no problem with tagging it. Refusing to do so is just being a c**t for the sake of it IMO.

I didn't even know that Sky showed it at the same time as the US until the end of last season when it was mentioned on here. I usually just avoid threads of programmes when they've been shown in America anyway since I know people tend to watch online and might say something.

Same reason I avoid Twitter/Facebook, only time I made the mistake of checking them someone posted a picture of Jon Snow stabbed, and posted what happened, mostly in capitals. His defence was that he said "sorry for spoilers" at the end. He always was a bit of a c**t tbf.

True, but it really does take next to no effort at all to spoiler tag it so I'm not sure why so many are spitting the dummy over this.

Regardless of rules or anything, the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to watch it until after the working day, in my mind it'd just be common courtesy to spoiler-tag it until it's reasonable to expect the majority who will watch it, have watched it i.e. after the 9pm showing.

I've watched episodes earlier than the 9pm showing before and had absolutely no problem with tagging it. Refusing to do so is just being a c**t for the sake of it IMO.

This

It's UK air time is like 3am. After that time it's available on demand. No need for spoiler tags.

Visit the thread at your own risk if you haven't caught up with the latest episode.

The difference between the walking dead is that it's not shown in the UK at all until it's air time on a Monday night (I believe) hence why people spoiler stuff if they have chosen to view it early.

I have no problem spoilering things on these threads however, if you are reading a thread on the most recent episodes of these shows having not watched it, you really are asking for trouble. I wouldnt dare read the threads on any of the shows i watch without having viewed the latest episode first

Thats not the same thing at all.

There are some similarities. A user might wish to avoid a particular score prior to watching highlights or even the full match. In this case they'd be an utter buffoon to click on a match thread. Likewise only a semi-moron would use the View Latest Posts facility for a show if they didn't want to see up to date comments.

For long-running shows like GoT, those of us unaffected by moronic traits will start at the beginning of a thread and stop reading when the Dates of Posts become close to the present date or the original air dates.

Basic problem solving skills, people.

May aswell still use spoiler tags on Breaking Bad.

It's been aired in the UK, it's on demand, using spoilers is literally pointless, as has been mentioned a few times people who are aware of this don't view the thread because they're aware of this.

I probably won't use spoilers because they won't serve any purpose, those that have watched it will come on to discuss it, those that haven't won't come on the thread until they have, acting holier than thou just because your using them is odd behaviour.

There are some similarities. A user might wish to avoid a particular score prior to watching highlights or even the full match. In this case they'd be an utter buffoon to click on a match thread. Likewise only a semi-moron would use the View Latest Posts facility for a show if they didn't want to see up to date comments.

For long-running shows like GoT, those of us unaffected by moronic traits will start at the beginning of a thread and stop reading when the Dates of Posts become close to the present date or the original air dates.

Basic problem solving skills, people.

Yes, there are similarities but a live sporting event isnt the same as the airing of a TV show. The plot of GoT isnt broadcast on the news, for example. Anyone wanting to avoid the result of a sporting event knows they're going to have to work quite hard to avoid it.

We've already had someone on this thread say they didnt even know GoT was simucast with the US. I didnt know it was available on-demand straight after. If you didnt know that why would you avoid a thread?

Yes, people can avoid the thread or stop at certain dates, but thats kind of the point - there has to be a line drawn somewhere. I've been watching The Blacklist when they've aired in the US. Should I just go on that thread and post without spoilers?

It's been aired in the UK, it's on demand, using spoilers is literally pointless, as has been mentioned a few times people who are aware of this don't view the thread because they're aware of this.

I probably won't use spoilers because they won't serve any purpose, those that have watched it will come on to discuss it, those that haven't won't come on the thread until they have, acting holier than thou just because your using them is odd behaviour.

No, they're not pointless. They help people who might not have seen the show avoid plot spoilers. The discussion has always been when its reasonable to assume the majority will have seen the latest episode.

As I said, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Its always been the "primetime UK premier" but, as others have argued, GoT is available on demand straight away. It seems reasonable, therefore, to assume most people will watch it at some point during that day, rather than wait until the 9pm showing. That doesnt apply to Walking Dead, though, for example. I would expect anyone to use spoilers on that thread up until its shown in the UK at 9pm.

All we're asking is that people show a little consideration for other posters. I dont think thats unreasonable but some got their knickers bunched over it as if they were being asked to do something totally unfair. They werent and I'd expect everyone to go along with the guidelines that DavidMcG posted

Some guy on here went mad at me for not using spoilers on the breaking bad thread.....recently.

Fwiw I wouldn't be using spoilers if it's already been shown on UK TV. Coming on the thread and expecting everything to be spoilered up once the episode has been on is crazy. Just stay off until you've seen it ffs.

The programmes official UK release is 3am. If you don't want to hear what happens until you've seen one of the many re-runs (9pm being one of them), then stay off the thread. It really is that simple, although some morons struggle to comprehend this.

The programmes official UK release is 3am. If you don't want to hear what happens until you've seen one of the many re-runs (9pm being one of them), then stay off the thread. It really is that simple, although some morons struggle to comprehend this.

Who says thats its "official" release? Clearly it isnt that simple otherwise us "morons" wouldnt have been discussing it :rolleyes:

Thanks for your valuable contribution though