Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Folk actually having a back and forth about this :lol:

Once it's been shown its fair game, I won't be reading the thread until after work that night when I've watched the episode because I'm not an idiot who would come into a thread knowing that at some point the episode will have been discussed.

Who says thats its "official" release? Clearly it isnt that simple otherwise us "morons" wouldnt have been discussing it :rolleyes:

Thanks for your valuable contribution though

By broadcasting it and making it available on demand at 3am, I'd say sky are 'officially' releasing it. Having been broadcast on telly and been available on demand for 18hours, it's been released. Anyone struggling to comprehend that, is clearly a moronic simpleton.

I'm catching up on this as I only just got SKy and am watching the repeats

It's ridiculous how much I love it, I'm like a dorky teenager again.

Looking forward to Theon getting his cock chopped off.

FFS man spoiler alert! :rolleyes:

By broadcasting it and making it available on demand at 3am, I'd say sky are 'officially' releasing it. Having been broadcast on telly and been available on demand for 18hours, it's been released. Anyone struggling to comprehend that, is clearly a moronic simpleton.

But, I'm almost certain you'll find sky promoting the 9pm slot much more, as this has always been, and still is, it's main UK slot.

The issue, though, has always been about when it's reasonable to assume the majority of people will have seen it, or had the opportunity to see it. The number of people watching the 3am airing will be small - some didn't even know it existed - probably as small as the number of people watching the US releases of WD and other shows. Therefore, out of courtesy, we asked people to use spoilers until after the 9pm airing. The only "morons" are the ones who spat the dummy out over being asked to use spoilers for a few extra hours.

As David said though, it's also available on demand straight after the 3am airing, so it doesn't make sense to wait until 9pm as everyone had the opportunity to watch it from 3am.

It's UK air time is like 3am. After that time it's available on demand. No need for spoiler tags.

Visit the thread at your own risk if you haven't caught up with the latest episode.

The difference between the walking dead is that it's not shown in the UK at all until it's air time on a Monday night (I believe) hence why people spoiler stuff if they have chosen to view it early.

Last season it wasn't available on Sky on demand until a day or two after the 9pm transmission.

Last season it wasn't available on Sky on demand until a day or two after the 9pm transmission.

Which is why people were asked to use spoilers up till 9pm but now arent

What's the point in arguing this? It's quite clear folk aren't going to feel obliged to spoiler tag after 3am so just stay the f**k out til you've watched it. Jesus man!

No, the solution is to agree a cut off and have people adhere to it. Simply giving in because some people, for a reason I've still not fathomed, refuse to do something isnt right.

I think we're kind of done discussing it anyway. Seems reasonable that the cut off is the UK prime time premier OR whenever the programme is available on On-Demand

Which is why people were asked to use spoilers up till 9pm but now arent

No, the solution is to agree a cut off and have people adhere to it. Simply giving in because some people, for a reason I've still not fathomed, refuse to do something isnt right.

I think we're kind of done discussing it anyway. Seems reasonable that the cut off is the UK prime time premier OR whenever the programme is available on On-Demand

Well no, that's not a solution as anyone coming into a public forum to speak about it hasn't necessarily been around to pick up 'the rules'. So you could have everyone's good will and still have someone new come in here and spill the beans. Just cannot fathom why people are so intent on coming in here prior to watching. No idea what they are getting out of it vs. a huge potential negative.

Well no, that's not a solution as anyone coming into a public forum to speak about it hasn't necessarily been around to pick up 'the rules'. So you could have everyone's good will and still have someone new come in here and spill the beans. Just cannot fathom why people are so intent on coming in here prior to watching. No idea what they are getting out of it vs. a huge potential negative.

There will be something going up soon to try and make sure everyone is aware of the guidelines, after that it's up to the mods to try and make sure it's adhered to.

I agree, I wouldn't risk coming to a thread if I hadn't watched something. However, the issue is/was that people weren't even aware GoT was simulcast at 3pm. Why would they think to avoid the thread if they didn't realise it had already been shown?

Ian McShane won't be popular right now after appearing to give away a spoiler.

I'm always suspicious when you see don't see a character actually die. Still not convinced the guy who got his head lopped off by a female warrior at the end of the last series is really dead (I've lost track of what we can and can't say without spoiler tags now...).

But after a misdemeanour like this, hopefully McIntyre keeps him on the Ross County bench behind Woods and Irvine for a few more games as punishment.

Ian McShane won't be popular right now after appearing to give away a spoiler.

To paraphrase the Dothrakis - "it was known". :P

If you read the books, Big Brienne spots someone looking suspiciously like him in a monastery acting as a grave tender, & those in charge say that what he once was has died - in other words it's rip-off Obiwan Kenobi's Darth Vader killed your father, um, in a manner of speaking routine. He's been driven all his life with the hope of slaying his brother for what he did to his face, but with that taken from him, he had nothing left to live for in his old life & old ways. My guess is that he's eventually going to be put into the dilemma of whether to remain in his new peaceful pacifist ways, or whether events will force him to take up his sword once more