Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Brienne should have taken Melisandre's head right off without even thinking about it regardless of the circumstances.

And it is nice Dany is back where she was at the end of season one.

Those are minor gripes I guess. It was a cracking episode (Mereen aside of course) that sets up a few huge battles in the next couple of weeks.

And do the writers think we have forgotten what lies north of the wall?

It's all coming together nicely now.

Brienne should have taken Melisandre's head right off without even thinking about it regardless of the circumstances.

And it is nice Dany is back where she was at the end of season one.

Those are minor gripes I guess. It was a cracking episode (Mereen aside of course) that sets up a few huge battles in the next couple of weeks.

And do the writers think we have forgotten what lies north of the wall?

It's all coming together nicely now.

Disagree about Mereen - GRRM has really struggled with that storyline and the tv show has mirrored that struggle in a lot of ways, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel there now at the very least. Thought the Mereen scenes actually added to the story for the first time in a long time.

Considering we're in 'build up' mode, the pace of this season has been pretty break neck so far. You get the impression the show is in weeding out mode with so many side characters (some rightly, some not) being killed off since the last few episodes of season 5. It does feel like we're hurtling towards a conclusion now.

Edited by Kyle

I've not really understood the Dany hate thus far. I mean, it's not been my favourite story arc of the series but I don't think it's the abomination a lot of people do. Similarly, whilst she's not a stand out in terms of acting ability I don't think she's as bad as people say either. It must be a reasonably tough role to pull off for such a small and seemingly softly spoken woman. Helps that I'd murder a fucking litter of kittens with a rusty spoon for a go at her anawl, I suppose.

Who do we reckon's for the chop before the end of the season? Jorah seems a cert for obvious reasons. Gotta be a fan favourite or two whose jaiket's on a shoogly peg...

Another decent episode, I thought. Almost every scene moved the storyline along so there was little filler. The almost casual way they killed off one of the recurring characters is what sets Game of Thrones apart from other shows. The ending was a bit predictable but surely must see Dany's story move along now.

I've not really understood the Dany hate thus far. I mean, it's not been my favourite story arc of the series but I don't think it's the abomination a lot of people do. Similarly, whilst she's not a stand out in terms of acting ability I don't think she's as bad as people say either. It must be a reasonably tough role to pull off for such a small and seemingly softly spoken woman. Helps that I'd murder a fucking litter of kittens with a rusty spoon for a go at her anawl, I suppose.

Who do we reckon's for the chop before the end of the season? Jorah seems a cert for obvious reasons. Gotta be a fan favourite or two whose jaiket's on a shoogly peg...

I think Emilia Clarke is very good at the big sell - Drogon's funeral pyre, taking out the slavers, this most recent episode - but I'm a bit underwhelmed when it comes to the run of the mill scenes. By no means an easy role to play though. Dany started off meek and has gradually grew into her role as Khaleesi - I think she's done that very well.

Not sure if you're a book reader, but Dany's arc starts of excellent and ends up pretty shit, before picking up a bit in the most recent book. I feel her story (and Mereen) is at the point where it picks up in the tv show now too- I think she'll leave Mereen before the end of the season.

I'm actually going to give major props to Sophie Turner for her portrayal of Sansa as well. I think she's developed that role really well and is very believable. Thought she was a pretty poor in the early seasons, but she's getting better all the time. She's had 3 or 4 excellent scenes in this new season already, particularly enjoyed the one where she says bye to Theon and the ones from the most recent episode.

'For the chop' spoilers - a few theories/guess work, so only read if you're into that kind of shit and a wee bit from the books as well;

For the chop - Tommen almost certainly with Cersei's prophecy, Rickon looks a bit fucked, and I'd guess Ramsay and someone like Tormund will get their totties too. It feels like Melisandre has served her purpose in the narrative too.I think Theon looks distinctly dispensable as well now as I'm not sure where else they can take his story. I'll have a guess at one of the Tyrells - probably Loras - and I think Cersei will go as well, probably killing herself and some others with fire as the foreshadowing seems to continually suggest. The High Sparrow surely.

If the 'gravedigger' theory turns out to be true (graveyards mentioned twice in the scene with Margaery and the High Sparrow) then one of the Cleganes too.

Jorah almost certainly, although they may drag him to Westeros yet.

We're at the point now where there's only a few who are definitely 'safe'. Jon Snow (obviously), Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Dany and most likely Jaime. Any of the rest could be killed, but I suspect most of the above list will be around until near enough the end now.

Edited by Kyle