Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

59 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That at the hand of those pishy scriptwriters again? Shows how memorable the series has been on their watch.
Whilst the TV version is all well & good, it's not a patch on the books & well see how the author deals with these situations. Instead of just saying "oh they're dead/cheerio" to main characters.
As much as it's visually great, story wise, it's a complete meh.

Eh?

Osha and Rickon were both killed by Ramsay on screen. Summer was killed on screen by wights. We saw Smalljon Umber present Shaggydog's head to Ramsay along with Rickon. 

Rickon's death scene was drawn out for about 10 minutes and kicked off the Battle of the b*****ds. How the f**k can you forget that? :lol: 

Also that graphic is wrong in it's list of deaths too, Kevan Lannister was in the Sept for the trial and was killed by the wildfire.

Anyway, fantastic episode last night. Dragging out the whole Jon/Dany bit a little, but I guess they kinda have to a little bit. The rest of it? My word.

Not sure if I just missed it, but we didn't actually see that it was Bronn knocking Jaime from his horse just before Drogon could incinerate him did we? You'd think it might make sense for him to be saved by the one other character there on his side that we really know, but is it possible that it was Dickon Tarly, opening up the possibility of both Dickon and Randall dying as a result of that battle and Sam being the sole male Tarly left? While Jaime makes a miracle escape from the river despite wearing a full suit of armour, obviously.

Also I've been behind with the new series and only got caught up last night, meaning I haven't read through the thread since it started. Now I've caught up with the thread as well and despite all the spoiler hints, this is the worst thing I've seen.

On 7/25/2017 at 15:35, Christophe said:

Arya was weird this episode. Toying with the thought that Arya is supposed to just be dead inside now but leaning more toward her just being a guff actor. 

Maisie Williams is one of the highlights of this whole programme. Guff actor indeed.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Not sure if I just missed it, but we didn't actually see that it was Bronn knocking Jaime from his horse just before Drogon could incinerate him did we? You'd think it might make sense for him to be saved by the one other character there on his side that we really know, but is it possible that it was Dickon Tarly, opening up the possibility of both Dickon and Randall dying as a result of that battle and Sam being the sole male Tarly left? While Jaime makes a miracle escape from the river despite wearing a full suit of armour, obviously.

I rewound it a few times to see who it was, but couldn't make it out.  With all these other, probably younger, posters saying it was Bronn I just assumed their eyes are better than mine.

Whoever did it jumped off off a white horse though - there were 2 white horses left to get incinerated when the 2 bodies went into the water.  Bronn's horse was dark, and had lost a leg when the dothraki guy sliced it, before Bronn ended up at the scorpion.  So, unless Bronn managed to find a random free white horse, mounted it (fnarr) and then got to Jaime, it must be someone else.  Did Dickon have a white horse?

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I rewound it a few times to see who it was, but couldn't make it out.  With all these other, probably younger, posters saying it was Bronn I just assumed their eyes are better than mine.

Whoever did it jumped off off a white horse though - there were 2 white horses left to get incinerated when the 2 bodies went into the water.  Bronn's horse was dark, and had lost a leg when the dothraki guy sliced it, before Bronn ended up at the scorpion.  So, unless Bronn managed to find a random free white horse, mounted it (fnarr) and then got to Jaime, it must be someone else.  Did Dickon have a white horse?

Nope.

Image result for dickon tarly

8 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

The More I watch it the more I think Tyrion is a Targaryen.

Outstanding episode tonight.

I always felt like Tywin's last line - "You're no son of mine!" could actually have been literal.

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It clearly showed Bronn staring at a white horse as if he was about to mount it only a few seconds before Jamie was saved by a man on a white horse.

Armour at least doesn't soak up water like clothes do mind you. It may even have some buoyancy.

Considering Daenerys and her army managed to cross a continent in the space of a day it doesn't require too much more of a suspension of belief to imagine Jaime surviving.

Boring buoyancy chat.

Drowning was a leading cause of death in the middle ages as people would have to go to streams and pools for their water. The heavy woolen garments meant if they fell in they would basically sink.

I don't think the armour would add much in the way of buoyancy as its not a full suit like you see in Scooby Doo but strapped on breast plate,arm guards etc.

Another aside is a river 2 feet from shore like that is pretty unlikely to be about 20 feet deep as shown.

None of this matters though as he isn't dead.

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

Hope you could keep up with what was happening, where.
Cersei seems to be having some trouble.613a7077b9790e5db4051ee306136160.jpg

So do you.

I think you're not enjoying it because you're not actually paying attention tbh.