Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

If Littlefinger is as knowledgeable as the show builds him up to be, I would have to assume that he knows Bran knows about him.  The whole "chaos is a ladder" and asking the origin of the dagger is enough clues for him to work out Bran knows.  I would also have to assume he would have knowledge of the Faceless Men, and Arya's "No One" would be a big enough clue to him.  

What can Littlefinger conjure up, to get him out of the mess he is in?  If Bran tells Arya, Jon or Sansa about the dagger and his role in the start of the War of the Five Kings, he is dead. He is a survivor though.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

Must admit I never liked the 'Joffrey did it' conclusion that GRRM decided upon. Seemed like a twist for a twist's sake. Made far more sense for it to be Cersei and/or Jaime.

Cersei would never have used a blade so easily traceable to Robert. Jaime would never stoop to hiring someone to do his killing. 

Joffrey was a fucking psychopath. He originally did it to try to please his father, he over heard him say Bran needed to be put out his misery. The set up was so for the first book you started hating "The Imp" then grew a grudging respect for him. It set up the "goodies"\"baddies" Starks Lannisters then undermined it with the "evil" dwarf turning into a likeable person with motivations you could admire. 

Revealing it was Joffrey helped cement him as a foaming at the mouth loon ball who should not be left in charge of a whelk stall. 

24 minutes ago, Loki said:

If Littlefinger is as knowledgeable as the show builds him up to be, I would have to assume that he knows Bran knows about him.  

His knowledge is from his network of spies and his knowledge of human nature. Bran's knowledge is supernatural and form beyond The Wall. Its old gods magic. It means all his clever politicking and schemes are now faced with much darker and older forces. 

I would also have to assume he would have knowledge of the Faceless Men, and Arya's "No One" would be a big enough clue to him.  

There is know off the Faceless Men and then their is knowing their way of speaking, that is another thing altogether. 

11 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Cersei would never have used a blade so easily traceable to Robert. Jaime would never stoop to hiring someone to do his killing. 

Joffrey was a fucking psychopath. He originally did it to try to please his father, he over heard him say Bran needed to be put out his misery. The set up was so for the first book you started hating "The Imp" then grew a grudging respect for him. It set up the "goodies"\"baddies" Starks Lannisters then undermined it with the "evil" dwarf turning into a likeable person with motivations you could admire. 

Revealing it was Joffrey helped cement him as a foaming at the mouth loon ball who should not be left in charge of a whelk stall. 

It's a while since I read the first book but I'm sure the obvious suggestion is Cersei and/or Jaime did it to silence Bran. Don't remember ever thinking it was Tyrion.

The 'Joffrey did it' seems like a retcon once Jaime got a sympathetic POV.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think one ofTyrion, Dany, Jon, Cersei and Jaime will die before the end of this series.

Who do people think it will be?

Cersei for me, at Jaime's hand. He might follow shortly afterwards. I think Jon, Dany and Tyrion will be in it for the end game.

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Now that's a explanation and reasoning i can get on board with

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I think one ofTyrion, Dany, Jon, Cersei and Jaime will die before the end of this series.

You know, given how much people hate her and how much she should obviously die, she might end up just making it to the end of the series, if only to tease and torment people who want her dead

Wow. Was away volunteering this week so no chance to watch it til now and it certainly lived up to the hype it has received!

The whole drogon going bawz oot bit was well worth the 6 year wait for proper dragon action

Annoyed that both Bronn and Jamie appear to have survived that. Also, still find the notion that a big spear gun is apparently the genius weapon against big f**k off dragons. The thing was like a toothpick in his wing and couldn't have penetrated that far into his super strong hide if Dany pulled it out with minimal effort.

Anyway, quality episode. The pace of this series so far has been exhilarating. Buzzin for more!

No way Drogon can be taken out the game. I suspect one or both of the smaller ones might get taken out though.

Why didnt Dany take all 3 dragons to attack?

I think she thinks the dragons have to be riden into battle, and she can only take one.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think she thinks the dragons have to be riden into battle, and she can only take one.

Also would have complicated the Bard from the Hobbit scene. She has already had all three dragons fighting together at Mereen.

On the second murder attempt on Bran, I still wouldn't completely rule out Cersei selecting that specific weapon to try to drive a wedge between the Starks and the Baratheons before they were in a position to use the twincest angle to take down the Lannisters. Joffrey also seems a bit young to be able to persuade a hired assassin to go on what was close to a suicide mission. Also, wouldn't completely rule out some out of left field explanation involving the role of the Three Eyed Raven ultimately being revealed where the book is concerned, because there is still a lot to be explained on that.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think any of them will die this season actually.

Maybe Tyrion, if anyone. Dany and Jon are a shoe in to be at the final battle with the white walkers. Cersei is really needed as an antagonist and I imagine will need to go full 'mad queen' mode before the end (though she's not fair off tbf).

Jamie seems like his redemption arc tale still has a way to go but what does Tyrion really have left to do? He's served his purpose as the likeable comic relief type character that you really root for but it doesn't seem like his story has much more to develop.

Unless he turns out to be a Targarean, of course. Three dragons need three riders, right? 

I don't see Littlefinger going this season either. He has a massive role still to play imo. He's obviously been involved in some big storylines but never in the overt way that I expect him to at the end. 

I dunno. I know GRRM and the lads that do the show have shown a liking to shockingly killing off main characters but it feels like they've played that trick a bit already and now this main core of characters that are left are mostly basically required to finish the story from a credible writing point of view.

No doubt they'll all get killed to f**k in the next couple episodes and this post will prove to be an epic failure, however.

But if they are two, who's the third?

Tyrion, Dany and Jon

Seems a bit off to me and don't like the fact that the 3 main characters just turn out to be Targaryan.

Jon has a back story to explain his heritage but if Tyrion wasn't a Lannister surely Tywin would just of killed him. He already wanted to do so but decided against it because he was a Lannister.