Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

He escapes back to Riverrun. The Lannisters siege the stronghold, with Edmure standing on a constructed stage with a noose around his neck each day. This goes on for a long period of time until Jaime turns up and eventually negotiates their entrance into the castle without blood shed. They enter and find the Blackfish has espaced on the river. I think that's the last we hear of him.

Edit: The book is slightly different - Jeyne is still alive in the books and I don't think Brynden went to the red wedding at all

Does he not eventually come under siege, in some castle, from which Jamie negotiates his surrender in a tent. Only for Briene/Stoneheart to turn up? Sure it was their final scene up til now.*It has been 5 years since I read them. Waiting on the next one.

Edited by kiddy

You reckon the families of the ones imprisoned would get their totties if they all banded together and went for it? Who we got.. the remaining Lannisters and the crown, the Tyrells with a vested interest.... it seems to me that the kid on the Iron Throne - despite what we saw in an episode - if he rallied the troops and all that he'd be able to take apart the Septor and his minons?

Look at someone like John Knox in Scotland, Savonarola in Florence or the Lollards in England. Troublesome religions take a while to bring to heel. Do it wrong and the populace can be against you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquerie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peasants%27_Revolt

Peasant revolts can be very very troublesome.

Perhaps its missed in the TV series but Cersci built up the faith militant to be her tools, but she thinks she is Twin reborn but as smart as she is, she is nowhere near as clever as she thinks she is. The faith militant gets out of her control far too quickly for her to organise resistance to it and Tommen is to much of a child. There are one hell of a lot of people and not many Gold Cloaks more over in big rebellions commoner troops cannot be relied on. The Tyrells and Lannisters are still to busy playing games to have worked out they need to work together.

The tools the Tyrells have a slow working, food. Things are moving too quick for that and they dont have the manpower (in the book they are engaged in a seige of Storms End).

Power is always much more a figment of the imagination than it seems (ask the communists in East Europe in 89), this is a key theme of the book and TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpL6Fwu0wkw

The swords of the Lannisters and Tyrells are suddenly in the wrong place and not enough to affect the outcome of this. That is the point, Cersi lost sight of what power really is.

Also Varys and Littlefinger are what is sometimes called a doppelganger or evil twin. Both play the same game, but one is asexual and aiming for the greater good while the other makes his money from sex and is aiming for his own good. They two (plus Oberyn) are the only real prime movers in the series. They are the ones who use premeditation initiate events, others plans or actions go awry rather quickly. Almost everyone else is just a piece on the chessboard.

Those with good hearts like Ned or Robb quickly find their honour or goodness bring them to bad ends. Others find their passions or obsessions bring about their downfalls (Tywins obsession with family or Roberts gluttony). Only the Machiavellian survive. This kind of suggests Stannis is on a shoogly peg (his honour already cost him a host to Renly).

Edited by dorlomin

Though the episode on the whole wasn't as good as last week.

There was some development of course on a few fronts, especially with Stannis Baratheon, but up until Jorah turned up, it seemed like a return to the pedestrian pace of the mid part of the season, but then when Jorah turned up, we got that unreal final stretch of madness. When the Harpy stood, the sense of dread was absolutely instant, and then it got brutal fast. That final shot was pure money as well.

I wonder if there will be as much outrage with regards to the peadophelia and a child getting burned alive, somehow I doubt it.

Great episode, I like how people were teased with the shit going down in episode 9 of every season. There was no way Tits McGhee ( my nickname for her, no way I can attempt to spell her name ) was going to die. I knew the dragon would save her, hopefully it isn't wounded too badly.

Jon Snow is f'cked.

I'm well behind in this and want to catch up.

What was the episode where the blonde girl gets her soldiers to attack a city to let the slaves out?

I think the ice zombies were marching towards to that wall.

Was that the end of season 3?

Another good episodes and once again the last 15mins or so of the episode was great.

Agree with one of the previous posters that it was no where near as good as last weeks episode or final scenes, still very enjoyable though and I know there are alot of Danaerys haters on here but I'm still a fan so was good to see her involved in some action.

From a TV point of view, I'm surprised they didn't switch the running order of this and last weeks episode and give Hardhome that epic episode 9 feel.

I'm assuming Arya is going to bait herself to Trant before attempting to assassinate him? Can't be many more on her list still alive apart from maybe Cersei?

If that is the end of the Dorne storyline then it has been really disappointing. I haven't read the books so no idea what was meant to play out but it almost seems pointless. Jamie and Bronn go to Dorne to get Mrycella back and then it happens and that's it? What a waste of the characters for a full season

Not sure what to expect from the finale - they normally lay out the pieces as a set up for the following season and throw in one or two surprises.

I'm well behind in this and want to catch up.

What was the episode where the blonde girl gets her soldiers to attack a city to let the slaves out?

I think the ice zombies were marching towards to that wall.

Was that the end of season 3?

You're well behind :lol:

I think that's season 3.

Another good episodes and once again the last 15mins or so of the episode was great.

Agree with one of the previous posters that it was no where near as good as last weeks episode or final scenes, still very enjoyable though and I know there are alot of Danaerys haters on here but I'm still a fan so was good to see her involved in some action.

From a TV point of view, I'm surprised they didn't switch the running order of this and last weeks episode and give Hardhome that epic episode 9 feel.

I'm assuming Arya is going to bait herself to Trant before attempting to assassinate him? Can't be many more on her list still alive apart from maybe Cersei?

If that is the end of the Dorne storyline then it has been really disappointing. I haven't read the books so no idea what was meant to play out but it almost seems pointless. Jamie and Bronn go to Dorne to get Mrycella back and then it happens and that's it? What a waste of the characters for a full season

Not sure what to expect from the finale - they normally lay out the pieces as a set up for the following season and throw in one or two surprises.

Without saying too much about what happens in the books as some of it might yet come to pass in the tv show, that has been the single biggest disappointment in this season for me. Trystane has been used horribly compared to the books, there's a huge potential reveal looking like being missed out all together too.

Prince Doran is cautious, but he's got a far greater presence about him in the books. I've not seen the most recent episode, but he's been horribly mis-cast, and I don't think the Sand Snakes have been done much justice either.

Also one for those who have read the books

Is this Stoneheart thing ever going to happen?

I haven't read the books so I don't even know what Stoneheart is so I don't wanna know what/who/where it is if it still has potential to happen?

If its confirmed they have ditched it or it won't be in the TV show then feel free to share it with me

Ooh and also what happened to Theons sisters mob? They looked quite handy in a fight a few seasons ago, although I can't remember whose side they fight for and who they believe is the rightful king?

Don't think they recognise a king on tv...Balon declares himself 'King of the North' after they (Theon) took Winterfell when Robb was off south didn't he?...book spoiler

The Greyjoy's you know in the show pretty much splinter off into a completely different story/introduce new members, so wouldn't hold out much hope on them coming back. Asha possibly, but it would have to be completely re-written as to what happens in the books

Edited by Christophe

Also one for those who have read the books

Is this Stoneheart thing ever going to happen?

I haven't read the books so I don't even know what Stoneheart is so I don't wanna know what/who/where it is if it still has potential to happen?

If its confirmed they have ditched it or it won't be in the TV show then feel free to share it with me

Think they've more or less missed the cue for this....don't see how they fit it in now