Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Because thats life. GoT is one of the rare shows where "major" characters are bumped off regularly. Any other show wouldn't have had the bollocks to kill off Ned, Robb and Tywin when, and how, they did. 

Its a crying shame only Daenerys is plot protected

Nonsense. It's called a song of ice and fire for a reason. 

Agreed.

In fairness, if the arc of the story is "everyone's screwed" then the last great hope dying off would achieve a lot. But there are several seasons left in this thing. Writing him off now would be a bit premature. Equally, it's fairly obvious that Danaerys is in this for the duration as her piss poor acting and tedious plot lines could easily have been written out if not.

There's only about 15 or something episode's left after this season is there not?

It has been like that all the way through in Game of Thrones, Ned and Robb Stark spring to mind as well. I do think killing off Jon Snow is one main character too many so expect him to come back in some form.

I enjoyed the first episode, they always have been a bit of scene setter and recap but there was progress in the Dorne storyline which should make it interesting. I did groan when all the ships were burned, it means Dany won't be coming over to the west any time soon.

I can understand all those deaths and how they tie in with the story, Jon Snow ? Not so much.

Nonsense. It's called a song of ice and fire for a reason. 

Theres an argument you could make about Brann being more important than Jon, if you so wanted.

Is it likely that after GoT finishes, they'll go back and do a prequel series about Roberts Rebellion etc.?

Think they've already said they have a few ideas for new shows once this ones ended. You'd assume thats where they'd head though.

Theres an argument you could make about Brann being more important than Jon, if you so wanted.

Think they've already said they have a few ideas for new shows once this ones ended. You'd assume thats where they'd head though.

Sacrilege.

You'd assume it would go back to the rebellion to begin and end with the execution of the mad king.

Was watching seasons 2 & 3 again with the girlfriend who hadn't watched it before. Reminded me just how much of a b*****d (in several ways) Joffrey is.

And also how spicy Ros was. :wub:

Is it likely that after GoT finishes, they'll go back and do a prequel series about Roberts Rebellion etc.?

I think they'll either bring the Lannisters forward in time so they can defeat the nazis, or send the Starks back in time so they can wage war against the dinosaurs.

I'd also probably watch a Lannisters/Gogglebox cross over.

Edited by Savage Henry

Yeah two seasons after this apparently and both unlikely to be as many as 10 episodes

Wasn't there rumours that the writers wanted to make the ending of the series into a giant three hour movie or something like that.

Wasn't there rumours that the writers wanted to make the ending of the series into a giant three hour movie or something like that.

Martin himself said that. His justification was something like 'those Dragons get big".

I always assumed that for all the politicking and Machiavellian scheming, this means that the movie would essentially be Dragons versus Zombies in 3D.

I think they'll either bring the Lannisters forward in time so they can defeat the nazis, or send the Starks back in time so they can wage war against the dinosaurs.

I'd also probably watch a Lannisters/Gogglebox cross over.

Family Fortunes, this week House Bolton versus House Greyjoy, and here's your host Les Dennis....

Think Martin said he wanted that but it was unlikely?

The rebellion would make for a superb spin off

Did he say specifically with Les Dennis? Cause if it's Steven Mulhern or Vernon Kaye I ain't watching.

Did he say specifically with Les Dennis? Cause if it's Steven Mulhern or Vernon Kaye I ain't watching.

Bob Monkhouse was obviously first choice but he was too busy being a White Walker.

Think Martin said he wanted that but it was unlikely?

The rebellion would make for a superb spin off

I agree it's unlikely, but it would explain why Kit Harrington still has his stupid floppy hair.  Can you imagine him appearing on Family Fortunes with a skin head?  Me neither.  It's happening folks.  ITV3 at 7pm is coming.