Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The biggest challenge for Ayra killing Cersei is The Mountain, there is no chance in hell of her surviving a fight against him.

Isn't The Hound the only one who can supposedly beat The Mountain?

Or somebody who looks like The Hound...

Watched this and loved it up until season 3 or 4 but completely fell out of it. Did plan to go back and watch it but the news of the cameo appearance has genuinely put me right off, what a completely unnecessary thing to do.

Don't let it put you off. It's still epic. This scene was a joke but only lasted a few minutes.

Watched this and loved it up until season 3 or 4 but completely fell out of it. Did plan to go back and watch it but the news of the cameo appearance has genuinely put me right off, what a completely unnecessary thing to do.

You have no place on this thread, please leave immediately.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Imagine being put off a TV show because a musician has a five minute cameo in one episode.

The scene stuck out for me, but probably only because I knew it was Ed Sheeran.  Although admittedly it did feel a bit clunky.  I might be wrong, but I think the purpose of it was solely to remind Arya that not everybody out there is a b*****d - that there can be kindness, even amongst the ranks of her enemies, and the importance of family.  I hope she has a bit of an epiphany now and heads north to reunite with Sansa and Jon instead of heading to kill Cersei, especially as I don't think it will be her that eventually kills the queen.

Overall, it was the standard "getting all the pieces in place" opening episode.  I particularly enjoyed Arya's mass murder in the opening scene, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn.

Imagine being put off a TV show because a musician has a five minute cameo in one episode.
The scene stuck out for me, but probably only because I knew it was Ed Sheeran.  Although admittedly it did feel a bit clunky.  I might be wrong, but I think the purpose of it was solely to remind Arya that not everybody out there is a b*****d - that there can be kindness, even amongst the ranks of her enemies, and the importance of family.  I hope she has a bit of an epiphany now and heads north to reunite with Sansa and Jon instead of heading to kill Cersei, especially as I don't think it will be her that eventually kills the queen.
Overall, it was the standard "getting all the pieces in place" opening episode.  I particularly enjoyed Arya's mass murder in the opening scene, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn.

One of the best things about the show was being lost in the world it was set in when you were watching it. Now you've got this incredibly irritating guy thats never out the news or off the radio popping in for a 5 minute appearance for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

One of the best things about the show was being lost in the world it was set in when you were watching it. Now you've got this incredibly irritating guy thats never out the news or off the radio popping in for a 5 minute appearance for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

It's hardly a reason to stop watching one of the best TV shows going around right now.

You could say that most of the actors that have a role are never off the radio or tele when the new series is starting.

It's hardly a reason to stop watching one of the best TV shows going around right now.

You could say that most of the actors that have a role are never off the radio or tele when the new series is starting.

They're in it for their talent though.

I think I'll leave it until it's finished and binge my way through it. It's just really annoyed me for some reason, I also really do not like Ed Sheeran which isn't helping.

Still think he's getting a pretty harsh time for it though, afterall nobody would turn that opportunity down.

They're in it for their talent though.

I think I'll leave it until it's finished and binge my way through it. It's just really annoyed me for some reason, I also really do not like Ed Sheeran which isn't helping.

Still think he's getting a pretty harsh time for it though, afterall nobody would turn that opportunity down.

As much as I agree with the Sheerin hate, he's in it for all of 3 minutes. Hardly worth sacking the whole thing off for.

I wasn't a fan of the Sheeran scene, not because he was in it but because it wasn't needed. If a normal actor played his part I'd feel exactly the same way. 

Saying that, the scene took absolutely nothing away from the episode as a whole. I thought it was a brilliant first episode back and moved stuff along nicely. 

Does anyone else feel that this season might NOT see the traditional batch of characters killed off? We've still a season left after this and I feel there might not be a lot of story arcs left to fill it up if Aw c**t gets the chop?

If this season is going to be about the fight for the iron throne and then the final season about the final battle against the Night King and the White Walkers then I'd expect the body count to be pretty substantial in both. I think Cersei and Littlefinger might buy the farm this year. Jon Snow to die in the final episode.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Does anyone else feel that this season might NOT see the traditional batch of characters killed off? We've still a season left after this and I feel there might not be a lot of story arcs left to fill it up if Aw c**t gets the chop?

The brotherhood,Tormund, Brienne, Pod, Gendry, Bronn, Sand Snakes, Greyjoys, Greyworm, Missandei and Olenna will all get the chop this season IMO. Jaime and Cersei might go as well.

This show is ruthless.

Edit: Littlefinger too.

Edited by Kyle